812 users online (107 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

New thread. I expect the day to just be about playing the deposition video.

If the prosecution was smart, they'd drop some sort of bomb and let it simmer in the minds of the jury prior to the weekend.... or at least offer a glimpse of what is to come to keep them engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighNC View Post
    If the prosecution was smart, they'd drop some sort of bomb and let it simmer in the minds of the jury prior to the weekend.... or at least offer a glimpse of what is to come to keep them engaged.
    today will be objections and depo court over early today

I must be losing my mind. Why can't I find the link on the WRAL site? Anybody got it?

Here in lurking mode today. I've been sick this week, chest congestion, sore throat, etc., got much worse over-night. Have my lap-top in bed with me to listen and follow along if I'm able.

I think playing the deposition at this point in the trial is a poor strategy. At this point it is rehashing the already rehashed hash and is basically a he said she said video.

Quote Originally Posted by lib's mom View Post
    I must be losing my mind. Why can't I find the link on the WRAL site? Anybody got it?
    If you just go to WRAL.com they will post the live link in a few minutes. That's what I usually do. If you get the colored bands, just refresh the page at around 9:32 or so and it should be live. Judge Gessner has been very good with respect to starting on time.

off topic...I have been following Twitchell Murder (Dexter copycat) trial during this trial..and the defendant took the stand. His theory sounded almost reasonable. He should have said this from the beginning, but instead he lied. Because he lied so much he will probably be found guilty

Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    If you just go to WRAL.com they will post the live link in a few minutes. That's what I usually do. If you get the colored bands, just refresh the page at around 9:32 or so and it should be live. Judge Gessner has been very good with respect to starting on time.
    I AM losing my mind. I thought BC's trial started at 9:00 same as Casey Anthony's today. Got really mixed up there for a minute! Thanks!

I finally listened to the little back and forth that happened at the end of day yesterday (where Cummings said 'take me to the state bar'). My take is it was a screwup and the state knows it was a screwup. I think it goes beyond even the importance of what they were not supposed to show to the jury. The judge specifically told them (the state) earlier in the day that they can't play that part and they did anyway. I think that pissed the judge off more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    I finally listened to the little back and forth that happened at the end of day yesterday (where Cummings said 'take me to the state bar'). My take is it was a screwup and the state knows it was a screwup. I think it goes beyond even the importance of what they were not supposed to show to the jury. The judge specifically told them (the state) earlier in the day that they can't play that part and they did anyway. I think that pissed the judge off more than anything else.
    I thought the Judge said the defense had to object just before it came in? The Defense is just trying for grounds for appeal. He admitted it was a slowwwwww objection

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    Here in lurking mode today. I've been sick this week, chest congestion, sore throat, etc., got much worse over-night. Have my lap-top in bed with me to listen and follow along if I'm able.
    Awww, feel better Gracie!

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    As well it should. I am surprised that it happened, especially since the confirmation that it would not be played, should have been very fresh in their memories. The judge could have sanctioned them, I'm kind of surprised he didn't. But, my take on it is that it wasn't the end of the world.....Brad sought psychiatric help, that's a fact. I don't think it was prejudicial at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    So sorry you are feeling bad. Check in as you feel like it....and I hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    As well it should. I am surprised that it happened, especially since the confirmation that it would not be played, should have been very fresh in their memories. The judge could have sanctioned them, I'm kind of surprised he didn't. But, my take on it is that it wasn't the end of the world.....Brad sought psychiatric help, that's a fact. I don't think it was prejudicial at all.
    What they were upset about was that they played the part about Brad calling an ex-girlfriend. And cut off the part about why.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast