1152 users online (214 members and 938 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IA - HUGE weather system moving through

"It does have the potential, especially Sunday afternoon in eastern Iowa, to be one of the bigger tornado days that people remember," meteorologist Karl Jungbluth said.

The weather service issued an advisory at 5 a.m. Friday, noting "strong and potentially long-tracked tornadoes, very large hail and damaging winds are all possible." When the stronger system rolls through Sunday, supercells that form could "race northeast at 60 mph."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/art...cc4c03286.html

Lovely!!!!!!
    Be safe my fellow Iowa peeps (including our eagle family)!!!!
    Last edited by peeples; 04-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Ooof. My inlaws are set to come back from wintering in Texas on Sat or Sun. Looks like they have some fun to return to.

Prays for all of you in the path of the storm!!!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I hope our eagles are safe too, peeples!!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

AAAHH! I'm in Eastern Iowa, but I'm about an hour and a half drive from the counties they listed so maybe we'll just get thunderstorms here instead of a tornado? Just moved here in August, so don't really know how these things work...

Hang on to your hats, friends in Iowa! Sending up a prayer for everyone-- including our Eagle family!

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    AAAHH! I'm in Eastern Iowa, but I'm about an hour and a half drive from the counties they listed so maybe we'll just get thunderstorms here instead of a tornado? Just moved here in August, so don't really know how these things work...
    If it even gets you you'll be on the edge being that far south. Maybe some rain and wind
    The 2 big towns you're in and next to, seem to follow a different weather pattern than we do up here You guys usually seem to get the stuff out of MO and down, there we get hit with canada and the dakotas LOL

This is the page is for the eagles in Decorah--

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...ecorah,%20Iowa

Peeples and all of you guys in that area, please stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

I hope you have a basement, but if not go ahead and plan which room you would go to. I live in Georgia, and we get a lot of tornado's too.... all of you are in our prayers!!!

This is a good resource to keep an eye on for severe weather potential, just click on the maps for more details:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/

Praying for everybody in the path of these storms. We have a risk of severe weather tomorrow night here in Indiana, as well. but not as high of a risk as Iowa and Wisconsin have today and tomorrow. Godspeed!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Thanks guys

We do have a basement! Our kids are ok about going to the basement.. it sometimes takes some prodding for the older ones. However back in 2008 a nearby town was decimated with an EF5 and it also went through the north end of our town before it dissipated.
    I think driving through that town afterwards drove home how dangerous tornadoes are to the kids and us adults too... all you could see for miles was destruction...we saw a teddy bear speared on a barren tree it was horrible..
    Seeing it in person instilled a fear no amt of news footage could do....
    Pics of that tornado
    http://www.kcci.com/slideshow/weathe...89/detail.html

We'll stay safe

We're *finally* having what seems to be a nice day here in Wisconsin. Right now it's sunny, warm...and I'm dreading the coming storms tonight (and, reportedly, tomorrow night). Ugh. I hate the threat of tornadoes. They're also saying we could get some significant hail tonight (I have some new hail dings on my car from a storm last week, an am expecting more to add to the collection tonight).

I just got back from the park with my twins and my oldest is at a friends house playing in a sprinkler and it's a balmy 73 out right now.. sucks that nasty weather is coming

We had some pretty strong storms move through last night and are expecting more this weekend. Our emergency management services are on high alert and have been preparing for the worst. That gives me pause. If they are taking this system that seriously - I will be too.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast