1366 users online (261 members and 1105 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 942
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    25

    I totally, totally agree

    It's too coincidental. I'm not sure how other women feel about men, but even I- with my brief few weeks escorting long ago, and being around that kind of horrid man- do not believe that men who solicit girls off of craigslist (or anywhere, for that matter) are all too common. I more than some should feel that they are common and that most men are pigs, that the soliciters are all around us- but I do not. I think it's pretty uncommon. Maybe a few, ten, twenty, per town, per area. (Cities, of course, densely populated areas, far more.) The dead women were all CL escorts, as was SG. I think the focus should be on johns, or associates, of CL escorts, and how many of them live relatively near the dumping ground, that desolate, isolated stretch of land? I mean, really? I don't think LE is playing their cards so close to their collective chest for nothing. I wish I could come up with more. This is one of the most boggling cases, so full of serendipity and odd twists...
    Thank you for your post.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,076
    Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    melissa barthelemy's sister family got calls from someone. it may or may not been the sk.
    imo, i honestly think it was a pissed off pimp who had no idea she was dead, and just thought that melissa left him and went back home or took off somewhere.

    the calls were made 3 days in july 2009. melissa was last seen july 12, 2009.
    she's wasn't found until this past december.

    at first i thought it might have been the sk, however if it is he's only harassed melissa's family. so at this point i honestly think it was her pimp, pissed off he's losing money and thinking she dipped out on him.

    http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/ar...ictim-s-sister
    you could be right. I think it also could be excuse to why they murder her if it was SK.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,025
    I've been trying to think of a way to phrase this nicely, and there just isn't one.

    Maybe removing the clothing doesn't have anything to do with sex or paranoia. Maybe he's wrapping them in burlap and lime to keep them from smelling and attracting attention. If he dumped them beside the road in the summer, even in that unpopulated area somebody driving by with the windows open would notice something.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    25
    Chemcopout:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read that the calls to melissa's teen sister came from her phone? Like someone had melissa's phone after she disappeared/was reported missing, and used it to harass her family? I could swear that I read that somewhere....

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    530
    the way things went down that night are too coincidental for me, so i agree with those who agree with that =)

    shannon was in fear for her life, she knows someone is after her and wants to kill her. if i were her what would i do?
    she's not sure who it is, supposedly she calls 911 from jb's. yet she leaves and runs away from jb's house when jb calls the driver in.

    she tries to find someone else who can help her.
    she goes to gc's house and he does open the door and offer to wait with her and call 911. now if you have a psychokiller after you and are in a house with the only thing between you and the maniac being an older gentleman, then i think shannon choose flight over fight again. i can't say i wouldn't have done the same.

    she runs again from gc's house off into the weeds. soon afterwards, gc stops the suspicious looking driver, who's crawling in the suv, opening the door and looking.
    gc has to ask the asian driver of the suv if he can help him.
    the driver didn't ask gc if he saw shannon.

    this in itself is weird. if the driver was going to say shannon was upset and left a party, why not just ask gc that off the bat? why wait for gc to question him? maybe the driver didn't expect gc to be outside at that time of night? also why not call out for shannon by her name instead of hunting her like some stealthy dude going 2 miles per house in an suv stopping opening the car door, looking around, then repeating the pattern.

    odd.

    [ame="http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/WebsleuthsCommunityAlbums/Shannan%20Gilbert%2024/?action=view&current=Homicideprobe.mp4"]Shannan Gilbert 24 :: Gustav Coletti video by WebsleuthsCommunityAlbums - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid988.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/WebsleuthsCommunityAlbums/Shannan%20Gilbert%2024/Homicideprobe.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid988@@AMEPARAM@@988 @@AMEPARAM@@af1/WebsleuthsCommunityAlbums/Shannan%20Gilbert%2024/Homicideprobe@@AMEPARAM@@mp4[/ame]

    gc has no reason to lie. however he does slip up when he says "they" after qouting shannon saying "they're after me". so i think le probably coached him on interviews and it was a slight was all. he wasn't supposed to use the word "they" as in plural.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by epochmiss View Post
    Chemcopout:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read that the calls to melissa's teen sister came from her phone? Like someone had melissa's phone after she disappeared/was reported missing, and used it to harass her family? I could swear that I read that somewhere....
    I read that also, I just couldn't remember which girl it was.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    melissa barthelemy's sister family got calls from someone. it may or may not been the sk.
    imo, i honestly think it was a pissed off pimp who had no idea she was dead, and just thought that melissa left him and went back home or took off somewhere.

    the calls were made 3 days in july 2009. melissa was last seen july 12, 2009.
    she's wasn't found until this past december.

    at first i thought it might have been the sk, however if it is he's only harassed melissa's family. so at this point i honestly think it was her pimp, pissed off he's losing money and thinking she dipped out on him.

    http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/ar...ictim-s-sister
    I thought about the possibility of an unrelated pimp making the calls too, but doesn't LE believe Melissa had her cell phone with her right before she went missing? And I think her phone was used in Massapequa to check her voicemail that night. I just don't understand how her phone would be on LI the night she went missing then end up with an ex-pimp of hers in Manhattan. Unless I'm missing something.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Danica7 View Post
    didnt the sk call one of the victims families? What if jb called sgs mom and said he was the dr and she stayed with him that night, to implicate someone else...then when the dr was called of course he denied it. I don't see the dr himself making that call if it was true indeed. I just don't think he has anything to do with it. I would be focusing on the shady guy who admits he gets girls off of craigslist since that is how the four disappeared also.
    Hi Danica, Calls were made from Melissa Bartholemy's phone proclaiming to her family members that Melissa is a whore. I left that awful word in as it was evidently the point of the message. Then with the call to Shannan's mom which they said was so odd as to how did this person get her #. Two out of 9 phones used like this is so telling IMO.

    Do you think each of these gals in LI had a cellie? I wonder if any of them were recovered by LE?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by epochmiss View Post
    Chemcopout:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read that the calls to melissa's teen sister came from her phone? Like someone had melissa's phone after she disappeared/was reported missing, and used it to harass her family? I could swear that I read that somewhere....
    epochmiss, your right on target =) the caller did use melissa's cell phone for that. the phone was later picked up after a pimp fight? i may have got the details messed up. i know some calls were traced to the times square, madison square garden, and midtown manhattan.

    http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/k...thelemys-phone

    also i just wanted to add that i've heard the term "party" before in reference to cocaine, however in the context it was used i don't think jb or the driver would be admitting to having a white nose. if jb were to do a drug, i could see it being coke or pills more than any other drug. (just imo)

    at first we hear sg was at a party at jb's. yet who made up the members of the party? how many were there? was it a party of 2 and the third being the driver in his car?
    so many unanswered questions...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by svpernin View Post
    I thought about the possibility of an unrelated pimp making the calls too, but doesn't LE believe Melissa had her cell phone with her right before she went missing? And I think her phone was used in Massapequa to check her voicemail that night. I just don't understand how her phone would be on LI the night she went missing then end up with an ex-pimp of hers in Manhattan. Unless I'm missing something.
    svpernin, the only thing i could think of is if she had 2 different phones.
    one for work only, and the other for family/friends. with burners being so cheap nowadays, its very possible she kept one for work only. a lot of this whole case is so confusing as the media gives all these different details out.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Could whoever posted that map of Oak Beach with the street names and showing where JB's house was please repost it. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack here. Thanks ;}

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Quote Originally Posted by epochmiss View Post
    It's too coincidental. I'm not sure how other women feel about men, but even I- with my brief few weeks escorting long ago, and being around that kind of horrid man- do not believe that men who solicit girls off of craigslist (or anywhere, for that matter) are all too common. I more than some should feel that they are common and that most men are pigs, that the soliciters are all around us- but I do not. I think it's pretty uncommon. Maybe a few, ten, twenty, per town, per area. (Cities, of course, densely populated areas, far more.) The dead women were all CL escorts, as was SG. I think the focus should be on johns, or associates, of CL escorts, and how many of them live relatively near the dumping ground, that desolate, isolated stretch of land? I mean, really? I don't think LE is playing their cards so close to their collective chest for nothing. I wish I could come up with more. This is one of the most boggling cases, so full of serendipity and odd twists...
    Thank you for your post.
    So how do we find those John's? They call a girl who advertises, right, and don't place ads themselves. I really don't know how it works.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,491
    Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    melissa barthelemy's sister family got calls from someone. it may or may not been the sk.
    imo, i honestly think it was a pissed off pimp who had no idea she was dead, and just thought that melissa left him and went back home or took off somewhere.

    the calls were made 3 days in july 2009. melissa was last seen july 12, 2009.
    she's wasn't found until this past december.

    at first i thought it might have been the sk, however if it is he's only harassed melissa's family. so at this point i honestly think it was her pimp, pissed off he's losing money and thinking she dipped out on him.

    http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/ar...ictim-s-sister
    I don't think it was her pimp. The caller called M's sister 6x from Melissa's cell phone between late July and August 2009 according to this snip from Newsday on January 26:

    On six occasions, an unidentified man police believe was involved in the death of Melissa Barthelemy, 24, used her cell phone to dial her sister, Amanda, between late July and Aug. 26, 2009, said...


    SNIPPED
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...cell-1.2642589

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,605
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Could whoever posted that map of Oak Beach with the street names and showing where JB's house was please repost it. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack here. Thanks ;}
    scandi, I don't know where the actual link is, but it may be in the case archives.

    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...milarities.jpg

    I am still mulling over whether I think this SK has Mommy issues or Daddy issues........

    wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Could whoever posted that map of Oak Beach with the street names and showing where JB's house was please repost it. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack here. Thanks ;}
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...fairwaymap.jpg

    ">

    not sure it's JB house but map w/streets anyway

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12
    By Salem in forum LISK CLOSED General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 988
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 02:48 AM
  2. NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #11
    By Salem in forum LISK CLOSED General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 886
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 10:43 PM
  3. NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10
    By Salem in forum LISK CLOSED General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1458
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 01:02 AM
  4. NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8
    By Salem in forum LISK CLOSED General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 11:40 AM
  5. NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #6
    By Salem in forum LISK CLOSED General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 919
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 12:16 PM

Tags for this Thread