GUILTY GA - Sgt. Karen Moore, 42, murdered in her Braselton home, 7 April 2011

more on this story:

Investigators say Sgt. Moore was watching TV when she and her daughter had an argument. The daughter then got her parent's gun out of the closet and shot her mother in the back of the head around 9 p.m. Wednesday. The crime was not reported until one the next afternoon. Police say she went to a neighbor's house and said something was wrong with her mother.

Another teen Christopher Neives, 17, is charged with having sex with a minor. According to police he visited the home after the crime and denied any involvement. Moore's husband and son, also military officers, were working in Alabama at the time of the shooting.

http://www.ajc.com/news/teen-daughter-charged-with-902642.html

more on this story:

Investigators say Sgt. Moore was watching TV when she and her daughter had an argument. The daughter then got her parent's gun out of the closet and shot her mother in the back of the head around 9 p.m. Wednesday. The crime was not reported until one the next afternoon. Police say she went to a neighbor's house and said something was wrong with her mother.

Another teen Christopher Neives, 17, is charged with having sex with a minor. According to police he visited the home after the crime and denied any involvement. Moore's husband and son, also military officers, were working in Alabama at the time of the shooting.

http://www.ajc.com/news/teen-daughter-charged-with-902642.html
I'm confused, he's 17 and she's 15 and he's charged with having sex with a minor?:waitasec:

I'm confused, he's 17 and she's 15 and he's charged with having sex with a minor?:waitasec:

Yeah, the law is kinda wacky where 17 year olds are concerned. In some cases, they are considered to be minors and in others they are considered to be adults.

One of my sons (I am ashamed to admit this) was walking across some school property one evening with a group of friends. He had turned 17 that week, and was two boys who would turn 17 within a week, and one who would turn 17 within a month. They came across an open booth, which had an ice chest full of Mountain Dews in it. Two of the kids, NOT my kid!, took each a soft drink. Coach spots them and calls police.

Police show up and arrest my son on 4 felony accounts of contributing to the deliquency of a minor, among some other charges. I have never been so shocked in my life! Who would have thought that a four day age difference could be so darned important!

(All charges were dropped, because my son agreed to participate in a pre-trial diversion program, but, if he had gotten into anymore trouble within the next 5 years, the charges would have resurrected. Thank God, he stayed trouble free!)

Juvie laws are really getting severe in most states it seems, yet cases like this happen anyway. I was told today of a girl locked up in there for texting another kid that she wished her parents were dead. Her mom thinks it's silly and just a statement on a text to another teen and someone told, but who knows. Then the school nurse told me that her son once got a federal charge for putting a firecracker in a mailbox which affected his attempt to get a job once he got grown.

I just hope when it comes to charging her with her mother's murder she is considered an adult and has the rest of her life in prison to think about if the argument was worth what she did. MOO

:behindbar

I just hope when it comes to charging her with her mother's murder she is considered an adult and has the rest of her life in prison to think about if the argument was worth what she did. MOO

:behindbar

You and me both. How sick she is to have been busy doin her boyfriend upstairs as her mom lay dead downstairs on the sofa?

Yeah, the law is kinda wacky where 17 year olds are concerned. In some cases, they are considered to be minors and in others they are considered to be adults.

One of my sons (I am ashamed to admit this) was walking across some school property one evening with a group of friends. He had turned 17 that week, and was two boys who would turn 17 within a week, and one who would turn 17 within a month. They came across an open booth, which had an ice chest full of Mountain Dews in it. Two of the kids, NOT my kid!, took each a soft drink. Coach spots them and calls police.

Police show up and arrest my son on 4 felony accounts of contributing to the deliquency of a minor, among some other charges. I have never been so shocked in my life! Who would have thought that a four day age difference could be so darned important!

(All charges were dropped, because my son agreed to participate in a pre-trial diversion program, but, if he had gotten into anymore trouble within the next 5 years, the charges would have resurrected. Thank God, he stayed trouble free!)

OMG! I feel like that's extreme, kgeaux - what county are you in? When I was growing up a coach who saw some teens take a few soft drinks that weren't theirs would NOT have called the cops, but would have dealt with it himself and with the parents.

From December 2011:

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2011-12-19/daughter-murdered-braselton-soldier-tried-juvenile

“We took the case through juvenile court,” said Gwinnett District Attorney Danny Porter. “That decision was based on a review of the evidence, and it was based on some psych reports that were provided by the defense.

The victim’s husband had also requested that it go through juvenile court.”

The case was resolved Wednesday, but Porter could not discuss the girl’s sentence because juvenile court records are sealed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back