Missing Child Exploiters

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
We talk about these groups in many cases, and many of our cases are discussed in this article.

Snip from part I: "“Anybody who inserts themselves into a situation like this can be a rogue element,” says Marc Klaas, whose daughter Polly was abducted and murdered in 1993.

Klaas has spent recent years trying to bring the issue of missing child exploiters to the attention of law enforcement, but he says there are few ways to do it."

http://www.theskanner.com/article/2...ld-Exploiters-Prey-on-Families-in-Pain-Part-1

Feel free to discuss here.

Another quote from that article: "“High profile means media rich and there are individuals who will exploit your child’s tragedy to cash in their fifteen minutes of fame,” Klaas’ website says. “You need neither new best friends nor an entourage. Your goal is to find ways to promote your child’s case and further the investigation.”

It really saddens me. :(

I know it! I'm glad to see that Marc is speaking out about it. And I do hope we can continue to keep an aura of integrity about this on Websleuths.

Kimster, what an eye opening article. The thought that one would seek to profit from a tragedy is disgraceful at best. My prayers to those in need of answers and help. Am still simply shaking my head in disgust...

Where are you Angel?

If you think about it, it isn't that surprising though. I mean, look at how people that go through natural disasters are taken? This is a really good thing to keep in mind and is the reason Tricia turns down all requests that she supports donations unless she knows personally where the money is going.

These predators that prey on the missing's family just tick me off to no end... this is a HUGE issue in these cases that not many pay attention to. As if it isn't bad enough that families are in pain and turmoil because their loved one is missing and many due to a criminal element, then you have this other layer of predatory wolves in sheep's clothing waltzing in to take advantage of the situation. It is well past time to put a stop to it...

Having watched the big $$$ turnover in the cases of Madeleine McCann, Caylee Anthony, and lower $$ (but still money makers) in many other cases, I wonder who is taking advantage.

There is of course the street level con (using the case and a PO box to siphon off $)
There is the family, who are occasionally also suspects who will play victims to make $$$.
There are also lawyers, PI's, media types and National Organizations who also like to hitch their wagons to high profile cases. They operate on donations and also need the face time.

Whilst there is money to be made on the backs of missing children, someone will always take advantage. That's Capitalism.

Sickens and saddens me.

As a witness to an abduction & murder, the endless need to find the DOE's identity & family is almost as strong as the apprehension about the endless characters and charlatans promoting missing people's information- it seems like you can't trust anyone with the slightest thing lest they run with it to extort survivors with that.

On the other side it's difficult to get LE to MOVE on what is known and can also come across like they really don't care/have the time of day. Esp when they are disposing submitted evidence... 'Leave us alone', 'This didn't happen', 'We have more important things to do' are strong underlying messages families sound like they are also subject to, and in the timeless horror of seeking loved one, are left in the cold with grifters.

As a witness to an abduction & murder, the endless need to find the DOE's identity & family is almost as strong as the apprehension about the endless characters and charlatans promoting missing people's information- it seems like you can't trust anyone with the slightest thing lest they run with it to extort survivors with that.

On the other side it's difficult to get LE to MOVE on what is known and can also come across like they really don't care/have the time of day. Esp when they are disposing submitted evidence... 'Leave us alone', 'This didn't happen', 'We have more important things to do' are strong underlying messages families sound like they are also subject to, and in the timeless horror of seeking loved one, are left in the cold with grifters.

Your words shine the light on the problem without a doubt. My twin sister Carolyn Sue Martin and her son Mark Steven Martin Vanished Aug 31, 1981 after driving away from my parents home to travel to Texas with the child's biological father, who claimed that he had a job waiting for him in Texas. In the statement he gave to LE, he stated that he dropped my sister and her son off on the side of the road near the Michigan Ohio state line, and gave her $4000.00 and a suitcase. he returned back to his home in Livonia/Farmington Hills and disposed of their belongings at a Salvation Army donation center. No one has seen or heard from them since that day. Two weeks ago I sat down with LE detectives in charge of their case for about 40 minutes going over questions that I had and correcting the errors in their case file. Neither detective took notes on anything that I was saying. The main detective said "yes, we have that". It's no wonder that the statements and timeframes were incorrect and remain incorrect as neither detective wrote down a darn thing. They didn't take it seriously back in 1981 and it seems as though nothing has changed. But what they didn't expect, was that I would be checking in with them weekly to get updated on their progress. I understand that there are many children and adults who go missing on a daily basis. Some return home, some a located 'runaway teens', and then there are cases that are just like Mark and Carolyn Martin. And you are correct. It is up to the families to keep fighting for those who can no longer fight for themselves.

Your words shine the light on the problem without a doubt. My twin sister Carolyn Sue Martin and her son Mark Steven Martin Vanished Aug 31, 1981 after driving away from my parents home to travel to Texas with the child's biological father, who claimed that he had a job waiting for him in Texas. In the statement he gave to LE, he stated that he dropped my sister and her son off on the side of the road near the Michigan Ohio state line, and gave her $4000.00 and a suitcase. he returned back to his home in Livonia/Farmington Hills and disposed of their belongings at a Salvation Army donation center. No one has seen or heard from them since that day. Two weeks ago I sat down with LE detectives in charge of their case for about 40 minutes going over questions that I had and correcting the errors in their case file. Neither detective took notes on anything that I was saying. The main detective said "yes, we have that". It's no wonder that the statements and timeframes were incorrect and remain incorrect as neither detective wrote down a darn thing. They didn't take it seriously back in 1981 and it seems as though nothing has changed. But what they didn't expect, was that I would be checking in with them weekly to get updated on their progress. I understand that there are many children and adults who go missing on a daily basis. Some return home, some a located 'runaway teens', and then there are cases that are just like Mark and Carolyn Martin. And you are correct. It is up to the families to keep fighting for those who can no longer fight for themselves.

This is terrifying. Do they have a thread? Good for you for sticking with it!

I am so sorry for your loss. And it sickens me, that another perpetrator is free in society. It makes me wonder how many perpetrators have been able to get away with this...

I am so sorry for your loss. And it sickens me, that another perpetrator is free in society. It makes me wonder how many perpetrators have been able to get away with this...

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. Sadly, way too many are free. “No body, no crime “.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back