GUILTY IA - Brent Girouex for child sexual abuse, Council Bluffs, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
How did this guy get past us? I guess former Pastor Girouex must have heard that this tactic was working for Bishop Eddie Long. Once again, a background check came back totally clean......

http://www.ketv.com/r/27196314/detail.html

Ex-Pastor Faces 60 Sex Charges

"COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa -- Pottawattamie County officials said former Council Bluffs youth pastor, Brent Girouex, 31, is out of jail Monday night after he surrendered to authorities last month. Court officials said Girouex posted bond on a $30,000 bail. He's due in court April 21...."

and

"...Girouex confessed to engaging in sex acts with at least six boys and men. In one instance, Girouex told police he had sexual contact with a teenage boy 25 to 50 times over a four-year period. The boy was 14 years old when the sex acts began, according to court documents. Pottawattamie County Attorney Matt Wilber said his office is now working with eight alleged victims. Wilber said Girouex has been charged with 60 counts of sexual exploitation.

and

"...They told him that Girouex talked them into having sexual contact with him by explaining to them this was to gain "sexual purity in the eyes of God....."

and

".... Girouex told police that both he and his alleged victims were praying while they had sexual contact..."

more at link

And another overview of the case:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/03/rev_brent_girouex_had_sex_with.php

Rev. Brent Girouex Had Sex With Boys to Cure Them of Homosexual Urges

"Rev. Brent Girouex was a dedicated youth pastor at Victory Fellowship Ministries in Council Bluffs, Iowa. He was especially interested in helping the boys in his charge with their developing sexuality. And that included a very curious method of curbing their gay urges..."

more at link

I'm on the opposite side of the state and no coverage about it here

I'm on the opposite side of the state and no coverage about it here

Not surprised. It is not uncommon (molestation) and, while the "story" that the pastor gave to the boys is somewhat unique, the church would not want to have broad publicity. And, as I said, not uncommon. A pedophile puts themself in a place of access/trust for children.

So sad and still outrageous! :(

".... Girouex told police that both he and his alleged victims were praying while they had sexual contact..."

Oh that's just great. As if he hasn't harmed young boys enough he has them praying while he molests them.

How much therapy is going to be needed to even have those kids have a resembelance of a normal relationship up the road.

I'm gonna pray. I pray this creep gets a bunch of time.

You bring up a good point peeples. I run a check every day on "molestation youth minister" and "child *advertiser censored* youth minister" (sad, huh?) and this guy did not come up. I was googling the phrase and found him the story on a number of gay-focused sites. Once I had his name, I found him. Odd. Great way to get our LGBT youth interested in church.

Yeah, forever more prayer will be connected with sexual abuse for these young boys and teens. That is tragic...so so sad. This is why abuse by "helping professionals" really rankles me. They can ruin a person's faith in church, medicine, education or sports with a single act.

And the victims and charges just keep adding up. The last statement leads me to believe that Girouex had carefully groomed the families and gained their trust. I know how much pain and guilt those poor parents must to going through, to say nothing of the boys. Young teen boys are so fragile and with one horrid act, this monster destroyed their lives. There's so much healing to be done:

http://www.ketv.com/r/27630321/detail.html

Former Youth Pastor Now Faces 89 Sex Charges
Police: Man Admitted To Sex Acts

"The case builds against a former Council Bluffs youth pastor accused of sexual exploitation and assault. An affidavit said Brent Girouex would tell his alleged victim's they'd gain "sexual purity in the eyes of God...."

and

"...Prosecutors said there are seven victims in the case and 89 charges..."

and

"...Council Bluffs police said Girouex came to them admitting the crimes happened at the victims' homes."

More at link

A suspended sentence??? WTH? I am gob-smacked. But, he's sorry, after all.

http://www.southwestiowanews.com/co...cle_79d33c86-693f-11e1-b24b-0019bb2963f4.html

Judge suspends sentence for Girouex, disappoints congregation
March 8, 2012

"A Fourth District Judicial Court judge sentenced a former church youth pastor to a maximum sentence before suspending the prison term and disappointing a congregation.
Brent Girouex, 32, was sentenced to 17 years in prison Wednesday, but Judge Greg Steensland suspended the sentence and ordered Girouex to undergo sex offender treatment program..."

and

"...Girouex was initially charged with 61 counts of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist and 28 counts of third-degree sexual abuse related to incidents with several teens and young adults within the congregation of the Victory Fellowship Church.
In November, Girouex pleaded guilty to one count of third-degree sexual abuse and agreed to an Alford Plea..."

and

"...Girouex used his position as an elder in the church, a mentor and a friend to get what he wanted – sex. “He did this under the ruse of prayer, under the ruse of religion, which is very, very offensive..."

and

"...Girouex said he was “very sorry for the confusion (in the victims’) lives” he caused. “I take ownership and responsibility for my actions,” he said. “I continue to gain knowledge in my treatment.” Girouex said his victims should know it was not their fault. “I’m completely guilty in this matter..."

More at link

Girouex's wife is one brave woman to go public:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46677204/ns/local_news-omaha_ne/#.T1o7b2BqIlc

Wife Condemns Youth Pastor In Sex Crimes Case
March 9, 2012

"...EG, the pastor's wife, said Thursday probation is not enough. She joined the victims to say they are frustrated. She also said victims of sexual misconduct should not be afraid to come forward, despite what happened in court...."

and

"...The couple has four small children together -- two of them foster kids. EG said he was a great father, a great person, and a great leader at Victory Fellowship Church. That was until EG's parents told her 13 months ago that her husband had sexual encounters with teenage boys. Her parents learned of what happened from the elders at Victory Fellowship Church. "It just turned my world upside-down..."

and

"...EG is filing for divorce, but the hang-up is that her husband wants to see their children. Up until Wednesday, EG said her husband had twice-a-month court-ordered visits supervised by his own mother...."

More at link

A suspended sentence??? WTH? I am gob-smacked. But, he's sorry, after all.

http://www.southwestiowanews.com/co...cle_79d33c86-693f-11e1-b24b-0019bb2963f4.html
Me, too! 17 years and he gets a suspended sentence??? Dang! It's things like this that make me wonder about the Judge's sexual background.

Girouex's wife is one brave woman to go public:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46677204/ns/local_news-omaha_ne/#.T1o7b2BqIlc

Wife Condemns Youth Pastor In Sex Crimes Case
March 9, 2012

"...EG, the pastor's wife, said Thursday probation is not enough. She joined the victims to say they are frustrated. She also said victims of sexual misconduct should not be afraid to come forward, despite what happened in court...."

and

"...The couple has four small children together -- two of them foster kids. EG said he was a great father, a great person, and a great leader at Victory Fellowship Church. That was until EG's parents told her 13 months ago that her husband had sexual encounters with teenage boys. Her parents learned of what happened from the elders at Victory Fellowship Church. "It just turned my world upside-down..."

and

"...EG is filing for divorce, but the hang-up is that her husband wants to see their children. Up until Wednesday, EG said her husband had twice-a-month court-ordered visits supervised by his own mother...."

More at link
So not only has he harmed these other kids, but the thought of him being alone with his own kids at some point gives me the creeps and I fear for their safety, mentally and sexually.

MOO

Why can't he get sex offender treatment while he's serving time? Why should it be either or? This really pisses me off.

89 seperate counts, and thats the sentence?? I was hoping for a few hundred years, like that kiddie-*advertiser censored* guy on a different thread!

My heart really breaks for this monster's victims. Those young men must be reeling. First off, they were dealing with the sticky issue of grappling with their sexual orientation as teens. Then, they had to deal with abject sexual abuse...in the guise of religious training. Then, the brutal investigation and dislosures. Jeesh. Do they get no justice at all?

Talk about a slap on the wrist. Why?:banghead:

I must be missing something here. He says he's completely guilty and takes responsibility, and then the article says he took an Alford plea. Makes no sense - an Alford plea is where the defendant maintains their innocence while conceding that the prosecution has evidence against them. And why a suspended sentence?? That guy with the stupid name - Zopittybopbopbop or whatever he was called - got jail time for drinking in public and having a small amount of marijuana in his possession. And yet this man walks free after being convicted of multiple sexual assaults?

I think the sentences handed down in some of these cases just depend on what medication the judge has taken that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back