1133 users online (194 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man, wife arrested at wedding

On the morning of Aug. 30, a bomb blew up in Jeffrey Lee Smith's face while he was in the crawl space of his father's Burkesville house, family members said.

Several weeks of investigation led Kentucky State Police to Jeffrey and Darlene Smith's wedding in Cumberland County two days ago.

There were vows and rings, then handcuffs and no reception, as state police arrested the couple after they said "I do."

Jeffrey Lee Smith, 31, was charged with four counts of attempted murder and his bride, Darlene Smith, 30, with four counts of facilitation to commit murder in connection with the bombing, Kentucky State Police said.

The two, both of Burkesville, are in the Adair County Jail as the investigation continues.

"He put a bomb under my house, trying to eliminate me, my wife, my daughter and my 6-year-old grandson," said Stanley Smith, Jeffrey Smith's father.

But Darlene Smith's mother, Vellas Arms, said the allegations aren't true.

"Jeff's daddy set him up," Arms said.

The family was not at home at the time of the explosion and the nearest neighbor was sleeping in a home several hundred feet away, separated by a line of trees, Stanley Smith said.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/9763284.htm

what?

and someone married INTO this family?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight