FBI releases UFO x-files under FOIA

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
Forget what the media has to say. Read them for yourself, here:

Roswell UFO: click here
Area 51: click here

cool, can someone paraphrase as I cannot read the Area 51 documents they are too black (at least part 1 is i didn't open all of them i figured they were all like that)

"In one intriguing note, sent on 22 March 1950, special agent Guy Hottel, head of the FBI's Washington field office, wrote to Hoover with information on three "so-called flying saucers" that a witness claimed had crash-landed in New Mexico.
According to the memo, an air force investigator stated that three flying saucers had been recovered in the area, along with the bodies of the alien crews. The memo goes on to add: "Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only three feet tall, dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots."According to the witness, the saucers were brought down by a "high-powered government radar" in the area that interfered with the spaceships' controls. "No further evaluation was attempted," the memo concludes"

from the above link.

:waitasec:

edited to add actual filed FBI report http://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy%20Hottel%20Part%201%20of%201/view

Is it just me, or do these statements sound oddly uncharacteristic of the FBI, especially the Hoover-era FBI with its legendary reputation for snooping and amassing legions of files?

The note, sent by an unnamed FBI agent in San Antonio, Texas, states that the office destroyed UFO reports on the grounds that they arrived "in great numbers" and contained "nothing of FBI interest".

"It is pointed out that the filing of these would result in the rapid accumulation of very bulky files," the memo continues.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/11/fbi-destroys-ufo-reports

Is it just me, or do these statements sound oddly uncharacteristic of the FBI, especially the Hoover-era FBI with its legendary reputation for snooping.

If Mr Hoover thought he might possibly be able to blackmail someone with this info - senators? congressmen? little green men? - I'm sure he would have directed the Bureau to find room for all of the files. Having something incriminating to hold over his enemies's heads was his modus operandi and his raison d'etre.

And another day, another Vault info posting on the internet, this one to the tabloid tune of

The Ox-Files: 'Mass cow sacrifices by aliens' sent White House into panic, FBI records reveal (Daily Mail)

Love the use of passive voice there. Interesting article though, at DM link above.

I remember seeing a TV show on the discovery channel some years back that talked about this. Their theory was that the government was picking the cows up with helicopters, taking them to another location, removing some organs and then dumping the carcasses back where they picked them up from. The reason they gave was that they were test the radiation levels in the area that were a result of the nuclear testing that took place in several western states in the 40's and 50's. I believe this explanation because the organs and tissue types removed do mesh with biological testing of radiation.

I remember seeing a TV show on the discovery channel some years back that talked about this. Their theory was that the government was picking the cows up with helicopters, taking them to another location, removing some organs and then dumping the carcasses back where they picked them up from. The reason they gave was that they were test the radiation levels in the area that were a result of the nuclear testing that took place in several western states in the 40's and 50's. I believe this explanation because the organs and tissue types removed do mesh with biological testing of radiation.

That's probably the most logical surmise - but why would the gov't return the carcasses, thus leaving a fairly odd calling card to bewilder the locals - and to make them ask questions? Also, in the 1970s, there were at least a couple incidents of mutilations near my hometown in southeast Kansas. While it's true that my county was found to have gotten a large exposure to radiation as a result of the prevailing winds from 1950s Utah tests, it still seems a bit troublesome that they'd be testing random cattle twenty-five years later. But maybe.

That's probably the most logical surmise - but why would the gov't return the carcasses, thus leaving a fairly odd calling card to bewilder the locals - and to make them ask questions? Also, in the 1970s, there were at least a couple incidents of mutilations near my hometown in southeast Kansas. While it's true that my county was found to have gotten a large exposure to radiation as a result of the prevailing winds from 1950s Utah tests, it still seems a bit troublesome that they'd be testing random cattle twenty-five years later. But maybe.

There were also a few test done in Colorado, so your area might have been in the fall out zone. And they were testing to see how much radiation levels had fallen.

As for why did they drop the cows back where they found them, I figured if they didn't return them the ranchers would have filed theft reports. If all of a sudden ranchers were reporting cows missing in an area law enforcement would have been out patrolling, making it harder to secretly take cows away. By dropping the mutilated carcasses back where they got them from they probably thought that it would have been written off as predators attacking them.

There were also a few test done in Colorado, so your area might have been in the fall out zone. And they were testing to see how much radiation levels had fallen.

As for why did they drop the cows back where they found them, I figured if they didn't return them the ranchers would have filed theft reports. If all of a sudden ranchers were reporting cows missing in an area law enforcement would have been out patrolling, making it harder to secretly take cows away. By dropping the mutilated carcasses back where they got them from they probably thought that it would have been written off as predators attacking them.

True, good point. But there were so many of them reported that they must have figured, sooner or later, that the carcasses themselves were bound to stir up trouble, what with ranchers swearing from the very beginning that the mutilations were not done by predators. A rustler here, a strayed calf there: missing cattle can be explained away fairly easily.

My area in southeast Kansas is a long ways from St. George, about 1300 miles. The Kansas-Colorado border is almost 400 miles away, where testing for fallout would logically have been done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back