1060 users online (233 members and 827 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

15 mth old served margarita instead of Juice at Applebees

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27486476/detail.html

Before leaving, Dill-Reese tasted the toddler’s drink and got a big surprise. Instead of apple juice, alcoholic margarita mix was in his cup. “The manager came up to me and he smelled it and he was like, ‘I am so sorry ma’am, I just don’t know what to do,’” said Dill-Reese.

Hi peeples well it doesnt seem to be the first time this has happened. Here is a thread from 2007 where it happened before. Really maybe they should get a clue:

Toddler Served Margarita At Applebee's - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 06-08-2015 at 01:49 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

OMG once would be bad. but 2 times?? REALLY??

Here's the earlier incident:

Applebees Serves Toddler Margarita In A Sippy Cup (The Consumerist)

Why after the first incident would they continue to store juice next to booze?
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

OMG, I thought for sure this was an old thread!!!! WOW, no excuse for this at all....

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27486476/detail.html

Before leaving, Dill-Reese tasted the toddler’s drink and got a big surprise. Instead of apple juice, alcoholic margarita mix was in his cup. “The manager came up to me and he smelled it and he was like, ‘I am so sorry ma’am, I just don’t know what to do,’” said Dill-Reese.
    My answer would be - call the police please. It's illegal to serve alcohol to a minor, mistakenly or not. What a bunch of blippin <unusual people>.

There's a reason why toddlers are given toddler cups. How does such a cup get to a bar? My thought is this was INTENTIONAL!

I bet that <unusual> manager tried to hand out free coupons. Instead they should be handing over the deed to the restaurant. Children DIE from ingesting alcohol.

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this one. And it's not that I don't like Applebee's - we eat there often.

MOO

Mel

ETA: Doctors told Dominic’s mother he could have died if he drank the entire cup. They believe he should be ok, but needs to be watched carefully.

I do believe the parents should get a HUGE settlement from this farce of a restaurant!

Note to self:
    1. Always bring my child's own beverage, in their own cup, from home. (I've never had a problem doing this in a restaurant.)
    2. If I can't bring beverage from home, taste their drink before giving it to them.

It's not intentional. In a 2007 similar incident at another applebees, the restaurant kept margaritas and apple juice in similar jugs. Which presumably should have given the restaurant chain a clue that this was not a good idea.

I have a much less dangerous but still a "warning" story about Applebees and kids cups. Years ago when my kids still ordered kids meals, I didn't usually allow them to get refills on either juice or sodas, when they finished their drink we just allowed them to have water in the cup rather than fill up on sweetened drinks. When the waitress didn't come by for awhile, I opened the lid of the drink cup to fill it from my water glass. I was shocked to find that the child's drink had been served in a DIRTY cup with crayon stains all over the inside. The server had dumped the crayons that kids used with their little color on menus at the table and used the cup to serve the drink. When asked about this......the answer was "We were out of kids cups and it was the only one we had left"!!!!!

eeeeew

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    A little OT, but this Applebee's is in the same general vicinity as the Chuck E. Cheese where a large group skipped out without paying not long ago.

Group Cheats Chuck E. Cheese - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 06-08-2015 at 01:48 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Oh geez...

Wilson was immediately rushed to the hospital, where his blood alcohol content was measured at 0.10, Dill-Reese said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/11/mic...ex.html?hpt=T2
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Stop buying juice and margaritta mix that looks the same, problem solved. I get that you need to have juice behind the bar, but couldn't it be made a policy that they only keep juice in one of the refrigerated areas and booze in another seperate one? How hard is it to keep juice ancd alcohol and seperate areas?

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Oh geez...
    Oh my he!!, he's lucky to be alive! They better do something about that potential error, pronto. Unreal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast