observing casey non reactions

littlemisslegal

compassion and empathy -do not push it
Reaction score
Many observations , postings, opinions of caseys reactions by well respected experts. Then we have our OWN amazing posters here who sometimes CAN PUT THE SO CALLED EXPERTS TO SHAME WITH WHAT THEY RESEARCH AND POST. Variety of backgrounds, educations, thoughts on threads.
I have been in the courtroom hearings, have read the blogs, and the most chilling feeling I have is to sit in the actual courtroom and see casey in front of me looking like a young teen with no reactions of sobbing, crying, shock or grief. yes , sometimes one can see anger, or eyebrows twitching, a smile a giggle .
scribbling on a legal pad, folding the paper, passing notes and not seeing a reaction as to the words spoken of decomp, plant life growing thru bones and other things that make one cringe . Everyone can play doctor and give it a name. I have seen no indication of her turning into a multiple personality in front of my eyes - can she dissociate so well she is in another reality as I sit in courtroom and try and catch one flinch of omg- thats my baby they are talking about - DECOMP!! FOUND THIS ON DISSOCIATION . Some may say a lot worst title than this however she shocks me over and over again. If innocent or guilty why not reactions of grief? I heard Ashton in court and I gasped when he told his statements way back. did she???? People with dissociative disorders chronically escape their reality in involuntary, unhealthy ways ranging from suppressing memories to assuming alternate identities. The patterns of dissociative disorders usually develop as a reaction to trauma and function to keep difficult memories at bay. Up to 7 percent of the U.S. population may experience a dissociative disorder in their lifetime.

Treatment for dissociative disorders may include psychotherapy, hypnosis and medication. Although the course of therapy can be difficult, many people with dissociative disorders are able to learn new ways of coping and lead healthy, productive lives.

Symptoms common to all types of dissociative disorders include:

* Memory loss (amnesia) of certain time periods, events and people
* Mental health problems, including depression and anxiety
* A sense of being detached from yourself (depersonalization)
* A perception of the people and things around you as distorted and unreal (derealization)
* A blurred sense of identity

Each of the four major dissociative disorders is characterized by a distinct mode of dissociation. Dissociative disorder symptoms may include:

* Dissociative amnesia. Memory loss that's more extensive than normal forgetfulness and can't be explained by a physical or neurological condition is the hallmark of this condition. Sudden-onset amnesia following a traumatic event, such as a car accident, happens infrequently. More commonly, conscious recall of traumatic periods, events or people in your life — especially from childhood — is simply absent from your memory.

Dissociation may be related to her personality disorders. We haven't heard the psych reports yet, but she's got some definite personality disorders, many of which probably include dissociation. If she feels no guilt, why would she have a reaction? She wouldn't, unless she is immitating someone that she has seen do it in the past, or if she knows that's expected. It she's a psychopath she's emotionally shallow, and just doesn't feel it, rather than dissociating, and trying to separate from the feeling, if that makes sense.

I find it is so hard to try and be rational and accept this non reactions -i can not understand it.. I would assume- a dangerous word when we talk of logic- that if someone was innocent and someone else killed the child of theirs- the reaction of hearing of a child reduced to words of decomp, bones, fatty acids, stains, leaking garbage would make one go beserk. If one was guilty, the flashbacks of the words along with the deed, would freak one out I assume too. You know what they say about ASSUME- GUESS I WOULD BE THE A--. I BELIEVE EVERYONE WOULD ACT AS IF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN WHEN THEY HEARD WORDS SAID IN THAT COURTROOM IF THE MOM. Guess not -sad but true for her. I think the world has logic to it - my biggest mistake .

I think you may very well be right LittleMissLegal, but unfortunately for ICA, HHJP said "diminished mental capacity"is not allowed in the guilt phase of the trial. So the DT is going to have to come up with something to get around that limitation in Florida, and I'm not so sure they are going to be able to.

HHJP is watching this very closely...I have faith in him. A person can have a personality disorder and still be found to be guilty and sentenced to Death or LWOP.

years ago I worked for a lcsw who specialty was multiple personality and grief . cult survivors and sex abuse. I saw it all. one client had 16 personas . We drew her a family tree.It was all her. It was chilling to see her turn into another. I felt it was a stranger- everything felt different. Her reactions to us in office-i felt i did not know this one. She crawled under my desk and became a child. I was not the therapist - but her assistant. I had a lot of responsibility and read charts and took calls - did myer - briggs test. Lots of people have the codes of diagnosis-crazy- and some were hurt by life. I never heard anything that compares to this case in a actual therapy session , even those who had many levels of confusions.

Several of the jurors in the Scott Peterson case got together and wrote a book. It is a very interesting read. And they did comment on Scott Peterson's lack of emotion and lack of reaction throughout the trial. Nothing - not even during the gruesome parts, and that was some pretty gruesome stuff, what with dogs having chewed on Laci's torso, etc.

I think this is just how sociopaths are. Casey sitting there may appear to be one thing. But what she actually IS is vastly different. That tape didn't get attached to that baby's skull on its own. She PUT it there.

I doubt any jury would convict someone based on their demeanor. But I think that demeanor combined with evidence will result in a conviction.

yeah well.. a lot of people are crazy..
a lot of people have sociopathic tendencies or some sort of personality disorder or anxiety/depression... and have been abused etc...
that's NO excuse for harming your child.
if casey didn't kill her and it was an accident and she wasn't thinking clearly and used the duct tape to stage a kid napping, then she should've gotten over herself and told the truth. she had many opportunities and imo, her DT kept her from telling the truth so they're partially to blame for her demise, should she be found guilty.

I can not imagine her reactions in her dreams, thoughts, the ones she keeps silent behind the wall of non reactions. In her sleep does she wake up in night terrors, in her waking hours does she fear the jury who could say guilty you life ends as you ever knew it?. Maybe not so soon ,but a death sentence of lwop or just plain death row.
Is the reaction to be so well cold from her on final days of trial -we will be the ones throwing things at the tv ? How long before she re- acts and knows time is not on her side ? Or is it? Will she walk ?

"They live for the moment, forgetting the past, and not planning the future, not thinking ahead what consequences their actions will have."

Don't sit around waiting for her to realize time is not on her side. It will never happen. She'll always think she's above something really happening to her. Even if she ends up on death row, she'll always think that she'll get out of it, or someone will rescue her, or the governor will pardopn her, or whatever. She doesn't think like we think. We can't apply the way a normal person is, to her, because, it's just not there....no guilt, no remorse, just using people, and when they're used up or no longer of use to her, she has somebody else lined up, and moves on with no thought about it.

JMHO, of course

littlemiss: I don't think she'll walk. According to the many experienced attorneys who have commented, the State has a strong case. And remember, the jury will see the autopsy photos - of the skull with the duct tape in place and the bones with the roots growing through them.

I can not imagine her reactions in her dreams, thoughts, the ones she keeps silent behind the wall of non reactions. In her sleep does she wake up in night terrors, in her waking hours does she fear the jury who could say guilty you life ends as you ever knew it?. Maybe not so soon ,but a death sentence of lwop or just plain death row.
Is the reaction to be so well cold from her on final days of trial -we will be the ones throwing things at the tv ? How long before she re- acts and knows time is not on her side ? Or is it? Will she walk ?
Is it very hard to sit there and watch, LML?

PS- you can't imagine how unemotional a sociopath is. IMO, Casey is probably ticked off that she's still has this little itsy bitsy problem...cause she is so past this. But, just you wait for the waterworks come trial time...sociopaths will imitate what's "normal" and I'm sure she's being groomed as we speak. It just never will be "natural" for her.

"They live for the moment, forgetting the past, and not planning the future, not thinking ahead what consequences their actions will have."

Don't sit around waiting for her to realize time is not on her side. It will never happen. She'll always think she's above something really happening to her. Even if she ends up on death row, she'll always think that she'll get out of it, or someone will rescue her, or the governor will pardopn her, or whatever. She doesn't think like we think. We can't apply the way a normal person is, to her, because, it's just not there....no guilt, no remorse, just using people, and when they're used up or no longer of use to her, she has somebody else lined up, and moves on with no thought about it.

JMHO, of course
Freaky Capri...you read my mind. Guess you know one also.

PS- you can't imagine how unemotional a sociopath is. IMO, Casey is probably ticked off that she's still has this little itsy bitsy problem...cause she is so past this. But, just you wait for the waterworks come trial time...sociopaths will imitate what's "normal" and I'm sure she's being groomed as we speak. It just never will be "natural" for her.

I think she'll cry plenty just like she did at her bail hearing way back when. Scott Peterson cried at his trial as well when it became obvious the jury wasn't buying the bs.

What Casey does that I've noticed is a pouty, pity party, poor thing, feel sorry for me, I'm a victim too. I've seen her do this many, many times. A good example that sticks in my head is the time JB was arguing to have that jail video sealed. He is as big a drama queen as Casey for sure. The big bad policeman and prison officials set her up. The cameras pan on her quite often and you can clearly see her bottom lip and jaw jutted out a little.

I don't think she is anything but an ordinary sociopath. She knows what she did, she hasn't forgotten or disassociated. She knew exactly what she did and she knew it was wrong when she did it or she never would have lied. She simply thinks she is smarter than the rest of the world and will get away with it. She doesn't care about anyone or anything other than herself. She has gotten by with lying her whole life and has no reason to believe she won't get away with it now.

I've been in the courtroom and watched the videos of the hearings as well. She does react sometimes... it's usually anger and it's whenever someone doesn't believe her lies. She fake cries now and then but that's just to try and get some sympathy or make herself look pitiful. She's gotten by with that as she grew up as well so she does that when her lies aren't immediately believed. Unfortunately, she's a terrible actress so it's not working to well for her outside of her family. Well, maybe once the tears were real... that day in when she was held without bond and she was crying for herself... because the judge didn't believe her story and turn her loose. She's cold, calculating and unfeeling. I've met other people like her before. It's like they have ice water in their veins and you feel like you are in the presence of evil.

I think she'll cry plenty just like she did at her bail hearing way back when. Scott Peterson cried at his trial as well when it became obvious the jury wasn't buying the bs.

What Casey does that I've noticed is a pouty, pity party, poor thing, feel sorry for me, I'm a victim too. I've seen her do this many, many times. A good example that sticks in my head is the time JB was arguing to have that jail video sealed. He is as big a drama queen as Casey for sure. The big bad policeman and prison officials set her up. The cameras pan on her quite often and you can clearly see her bottom lip and jaw jutted out a little.

Classic Sociopath behavior...the pity party! How could "they" do this to me, be so mean to me, not believe me (even though I'm lying).

Sociopathic.

According to RyanP, CA said that KC was a sociopath, and CA said a therapist told her that (IIRC). Now, I know things happen and some therapists are more thorough than others, and I know a therapist should see a patient to diagnose...but it seems to me that for a therapist to tell a patient that their child, sight unseen, is a sociopath would require the patient having told that therapist something definitive.

We seem to agree that this family has something lurking in its closet. I happen to believe we are seeing those skeletons now in the flesh, KC's sociopathy. It is a very foreign behavior, for sure.

I also believe that when KC said things to Kio, AD and MichelleM about being loca, it stemmed from CA pointing out to KC that she was "sick" or not behaving normally, when KC did something and started a lie-a-thon. KC told at least one of these girls that she felt better after having "talked to" her mom. In other words, maybe CA took it back to make KC feel better?

Her non-reaction is a function of not being constantly coached. Yes, peops, she has to be coached to feel anything but pangs of narcissism, that's who she is and we've know that for some time now. Maybe the jury will be her impetus or her muse, maybe it won't. Her lack of emotion is not really something the defense wants to address at trial, either, it only makes her look worse and the jury will eyeball her harder than ever if they bring it up.

You asked me if it is hard to watch her in person. I observe everyone actually. I find it hard to watch Cindy when she trembles and puts her head down and I can see her visibly shaking. She is real- not faking. I saw her put her arm around a young girl sitting next to her in court last week as the girl was emotional. Not sure if girl was staff of Jose or who she was but i did notice cindy noticed her tears. I have said many times that its no secret casey lies and has bizare behavior. Crazy reactions does not make a jury say guilty she hopes i bet. I even said it to Cindy once in court recess. -casey is a liar we all know that. She has bizare behavior- yes i said it to cindy.also said guilt does not depend on her reactions or innocent. I find it hard to accept this mom is not sobbing for the loss of her child. Nothing seems to make her cringe. Some believe she is guilty , not many think innocent. I see videos of a loving mom laughing with her child . I see videos of cindy and george loving caylee. all before this. I look at casey in court and think I wish I could know all her secrets and how she can not want to collapse in court regardless of guilt or someone else killing her baby. They better have ambulances in court when trial starts cause some may faint when they hear details--will she still not react? I do believe a liar, crazy person can not cover up all emotions- I do believe a sane one can not either. I do wonder if she ever told anyone the real truth of how she feels. I could sit on that jury and want to know every detail but i would faint perhaps cause I would ask why is she able to not react? I am not talking about guilt or not- her babys dead and she can be so uninvolved emotions. it was hard to watch george real emotions . hes real . I am real too- so yes ,its hard to not ask why.

Compare her with someone like Andrea Yates....there was someone who had TRUE mental illness, IMO.
She is still in a mental hospital, and from what we've heard, she repents daily and BELIEVES she deserves to be locked up forever.

Even Susan Smith was pretty good at faking the tears. But I believe now she is sorry, and that she knows what she did was wrong and gruesome. She admitted what she did.

I think Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony are one and the same. Deny until the end of time. SODDI. They are all out to get me. They say Peterson had adapted to prison. His last mugshot showed me he now looks like a crazed loony. Hopefully Casey turns out the same when she is on death row.

LittleMissLegal said:
You asked me if it is hard to watch her in person. I observe everyone actually. I find it hard to watch Cindy when she trembles and puts her head down and I can see her visibly shaking. She is real- not faking. I saw her put her arm around a young girl sitting next to her in court last week as the girl was emotional. Not sure if girl was staff of Jose or who she was but i did notice cindy noticed her tears. I have said many times that its no secret casey lies and has bizare behavior. Crazy reactions does not make a jury say guilty she hopes i bet. I even said it to Cindy once in court recess. -casey is a liar we all know that. She has bizare behavior- yes i said it to cindy.also said guilt does not depend on her reactions or innocent. I find it hard to accept this mom is not sobbing for the loss of her child. Nothing seems to make her cringe. Some believe she is guilty , not many think innocent. I see videos of a loving mom laughing with her child . I see videos of cindy and george loving caylee. all before this. I look at casey in court and think I wish I could know all her secrets and how she can not want to collapse in court regardless of guilt or someone else killing her baby. They better have ambulances in court when trial starts cause some may faint when they hear details--will she still not react? I do believe a liar, crazy person can not cover up all emotions- I do believe a sane one can not either. I do wonder if she ever told anyone the real truth of how she feels. I could sit on that jury and want to know every detail but i would faint perhaps cause I would ask why is she able to not react? I am not talking about guilt or not- her babys dead and she can be so uninvolved emotions. it was hard to watch george real emotions . hes real . I am real too- so yes ,its hard to not ask why.

Thank you for your observations LML....I'd love to interact with CA....:maddening:

LittleMissLegal said:
I even said it to Cindy once in court recess. -casey is a liar we all know that. She has bizare behavior- yes i said it to cindy.also said guilt does not depend on her reactions or innocent.

Did CA answer you?

LittleMissLegal said:
I find it hard to accept this mom is not sobbing for the loss of her child. Nothing seems to make her cringe. Some believe she is guilty , not many think innocent. I see videos of a loving mom laughing with her child . I see videos of cindy and george loving caylee. all before this. I look at casey in court and think I wish I could know all her secrets and how she can not want to collapse in court regardless of guilt or someone else killing her baby.

As I said earlier, ICA did like the attention of being a new mother, once that novelty wore off, once CA was wanting more of a mothering ICA to tend to Caylee, giving ultimatums to straighten up and fly right, is when Caylee became a hinderance to her...when she met this new set of college bound friends, all had the freedom to come and go as they pleased ICA wanted the same. When her friends planned that vacation in Puerto Rico, where ICA could not go with them since her mother, CA refused to babysit, ICA took drastic measures. The love for Caylee was not there any longer. Not wanting to be pregnant in the first place, was forced (or so ICA stated) by CA to keep this child and CA in doing so, gave ICA a lifelong promise. You won't have to work, go to school, just be a mother to Caylee...Then as CA often does, she goes back on her promise and now Caylee is in harms way. CA to call her own child a sociopath, she must have seen some bizarre behavior herself but chose not to mention it ( or get her help) due to it being overly prejudicial to their cause. Calling ICA a pathological liar, she must have heard some doozies but never obtained help for her child. Her (CA) avoidance tendencies was so detrimental to Caylee for this child paid the ultimate price for ICA's wanting freedom...

I also feel, as per JG, it was CA who made ICA break her engagement with him (and this is when I feel ICA started her downward spiral). It appears JG didn't meet to her (CA) standards when he might have been the best thing that happened to ICA. What young unwed mother, doesn't want that dream to become reality, being married with a home and the white picket fence...He didn't judge her for her multiple partners, her lies and even her stealing from his young brother...to say to JG, you love Caylee more than you love me....is so very telling...ICA needed to be numero uno but it was this precious child, Caylee Marie who was to be priority (as all children are) and ICA wanted the attention on her, not her child...which is why I say, it appears ICA loved Caylee, loved being a mother but something drastic happened to change that and the novelty of being a brand new mother wore off. Caylee was the attention getter...what child isn't? I know I was proud when I was a young mom and was praised about my children...I had two by the time I was 22 and managed a job and home...a woman's work is never done..is so true..

I believe ICA never really was taught empathy or she can't grasp empathy but her life depends on it...she hasn't cried for Caylee, just herself. When the State speaks of Caylee's remains, not one tear is shed for this precious child..even as I watched the untold story of Caylee Anthony, CA barely cries. I saw her shed a tear but she is so in control of her emotions it makes her appear cold hearted as well...CA said during that airing, "What kind of mother would I be if I turned my back on my child"? Maggie Rodriquez didn't say anything but should have said, you don't have to turn you back on ICA to beg for the truth. You should continue to love and support her but why would you believe her when you yourself called her a pathological liar and the evidence shows there is no ZFG!

I too find it hard that ICA isn't crying her eyes out for a child who was allegedly taken by an alleged nanny who LE cannot find a trace of. At her initial arrest for lying to LE when that half million dollar bond was put on her, she should have lost it then but remained so composed...also detrimental is when her parents visit her and tell her the reward for Caylee grew to $250,000, ICA managed to get out, Wow, that's half my bond....:loser: this is all about ICA in ICA's mind, always will be, she is that hot beauty with a body to match being charged for a crime she is 100% innocent of, yet her demeanor, her body language screams GUILTY! That will be seen by a jury of her peers. They will watch for any signs of remorse or guilt. They will watch for anger as they watch for sadness....but in the end, it will be her behavior that will be very damaging during those 31 days, the smell of death reeking from her vehicle, her multiple lies to everyone, her arrogance will all be front and center so nothing the DT does in that department will change the fact of WHO ICA truly is for it will seep out since it's engrained in her...one can't change what they don't acknowledge....ICA acknowledged that Caylee was in her way of freedom and CA became too demanding...I also believe ICA has talked herself into innocence and believes this will end in a mistrial...I wonder if she understands what a mistrial is and that it won't set her free...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back