NE - 12-Year-Old Left At Hospital

MorenoI

Reaction score
http://www.ketv.com/news/27426299/detail.html

Police said they were called to Creighton University Medical Center shortly after midnight. The 12-year-old told officers his mom and grandparents drove him to the hospital, dropped him off near the emergency entrance and drove away.

Under Nebraska’s original Safe Haven law passed in early 2008, the mother would not have faced any charges for leaving the boy. After much controversy over the law, which did not specify a cut-off age for children to be abandoned without consequence, many called for change. Parents from as far away as Florida, Michigan, Indiana and Arizona brought children of all ages to the state for protection under the law.

Because of cases like this, Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman eventually signed a new safe haven law that took effect that November, specifying the law only covers children up to 30 days old.

I'm not saying I could ever do such a thing, but at least he is alive and well!

That is so sad. Not just a Mother but a Grandmother too.

:( Hugs and blessings go out to this young man. Can you imagine the feeling of abandonment?

This breaks my heart. I have a 12 yo grandson and I can't imagine how this child felt. It hurts too bad to even ponder. On one hand I have immense pity that not even his grandmother loved him enough to help and on the other I have to wonder how bad his life must have been. I have to look at this like they did him a favor by leaving him there.

This breaks my heart. I have a 12 yo grandson and I can't imagine how this child felt. It hurts too bad to even ponder. On one hand I have immense pity that not even his grandmother loved him enough to help and on the other I have to wonder how bad his life must have been. I have to look at this like they did him a favor by leaving him there.
BBM

I agree...as much as this seems unthinkable, he may feel he's better off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back