Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    R.I.P. phylicia,

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greenfingers For This Useful Post:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6874419.story

http://www.exploreharford.com/news/8...conowingo-dam/

newer article from the Baltimore Sun and another local source
    I have no words right now...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittenista For This Useful Post:

I hope that finding Phylicia has given her family some small sense of peace that they can finally bring her home.

I also hope that LE is able to identify the man that was also found, connected to this case or not, he belongs to someone too.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:

There's going to be a press conference at 8 PM at the Pikesville HQ- http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/
    Last edited by kittenista; 04-21-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: link for press conference

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittenista For This Useful Post:

Totally disgusted!!!!!!!

Will TiVo HLN and NG tonight. This is not the time for NG to cover this story? WHY NOW?
    I hope NG only interviews or talks with JS. This will not be a good time for the Barnes Family to talk to NG.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BACH50 For This Useful Post:

The desperate search for missing honors student Phylicia Barnes came to a heartbreaking end Thursday, after an autopsy determined that a body pulled from the Susquehanna River Wednesday was that of the North Carolina teen who vanished from Baltimore in December.

Two law enforcement sources said the autopsy had found that the body was identified as Barnes; state police later confirmed the finding and said a press conference has been scheduled for 8 p.m.

Earlier Thursday, The Sun reported that Baltimore police had provided Barnes' dental records to the state medical examiner's office for comparison to a body found in the river, one of two found Wednesday in the waterway that splits Harford and Cecil counties about 40 miles northeast of Baltimore.

An apparent tattoo on the body appeared to match a tattoo of a rose that Barnes had on her lower right leg, increasing speculation that the 17-year-old's body had been discovered after months of fruitless searching.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6874419.story

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post

An apparent tattoo on the body appeared to match a tattoo of a rose that Barnes had on her lower right leg, increasing speculation that the 17-year-old's body had been discovered after months of fruitless searching.

If they were able to see her tattoo on her leg then that has to mean that she was recently killed right?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

I think it was the cold temperature waters. Does a local know if the surface froze during winter? TIA

God Bless Her

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    If they were able to see her tattoo on her leg then that has to mean that she was recently killed right?
    Not necessarily. The cold water and winter ice might have slowed the normal processes. Even without that, skin can sometimes be preserved for a long time.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

I am just........... so lost for words???????????????????

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BACH50 For This Useful Post:

No, the water temperature would have slowed decomposition. She's probably been in the water since the day she went missing.
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:

oh wow!! ok that makes sense then!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BACH50 View Post
    Totally disgusted!!!!!!!

Will TiVo HLN and NG tonight. This is not the time for NG to cover this story? WHY NOW?
    I hope NG only interviews or talks with JS. This will not be a good time for the Barnes Family to talk to NG.

Initially I was infuriated too, Bach50.

Thinking deeper, I believe that this is the OPTIMAL time for NG to tackle PB's case.

I agree that only JS and fam are deserving of the public airways at this time.

The circumstances surrounding the death and dumping of a precious PB are the lowest of the low, and I'm not interested in anyone's damage control.

However, the PRESSURE must continue to mount on these POI's and their foul ranks.

NG can apply that like no other person on television and given that we now know PB's heartbreaking outcome-you can bet your bottom dollar that NG will be particularly VICIOUS and dogged for the truth.

Also, PB's life needs to be celebrated by as many people possible. She has a legacy, her life was not in vain.

ARRESTS ARE IMMINENT, YE GUILTY!

This is the day that you never thought would come.
    ~Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's always best that it rests on the side of Truth.~

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Falconi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Neither can I. I am hoping GJ has the info more fresh in her mind or notes.

Maybe I will go back and try and find the posts which mention the fishing..

and link them here or in another post.
    What do you want to know about the fishing? I used to go there often, lived in the Baltimore area most of my life. My brother actually lives in Harford County very close to Conowingo. I fished with my dad as a child there a lot. The Susquehanna River is pretty far from where she was staying with her sister. That dam is huge. Like Patapsco State Park it is a popular dumping place for bodies.I've even seen it at creek water level and the bottom is covered in huge sharp boulders and rocks. The water itself even at low level moves pretty hard, enough imo to tear a body up. I know from the Laci Peterson case that the experts said bodies always surface in April because of the change in currents. No doubt she could have been weighted down and stayed stationary up until now. I would hope the ME can tell by damage to the body how far she may have traveled. The area her sister lives in is high crime, pretty much everywhere across the entire state of Maryland is. Her sister resided within the city limits and murders there are very common. They won't solve this. I believe with the FBI involved and the media they will try. The police spokesman stating this being such a different type case is BS. PB wasn't local, honor student, etc. Plenty of girls like PB have been murdered there, their cases aren't put under the microscope and on NG like PB. We have a case here where a girl from Virginia was found dead near the projects and see how they have handled that as one example.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tezi View Post
    No, the water temperature would have slowed decomposition. She's probably been in the water since the day she went missing.
    It was just about the exact amount of time with Laci Peterson and they could see her surgery scar from an appendectomy. I would think if PB wasn't half shredded and in pieces she didn't travel far in that water. Those rocks are huge, sharp and the water runs hard and fast.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast