897 users online (129 members and 768 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Laroya Nate Bray, 15, Los Angeles, 26 March 2003

Laroya Nate Bray

Endangered Runaway

Missing From: Los Angeles, California

Missing Since: March 26, 2003

Age: 15 -- Height: 5'7" -- Weight: 130 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Laroya's ears are pierced. She may dye her hair or wear hair extensions. She has a long narrow scar on her upper left thigh.

Laroya was last seen in Los Angeles, California on March 26, 2003. At 5:30 pm, her mother's fiance told her mother that he could not find her. When Laroya's mother returned at 11:00 pm, she was still missing and her disappearance was reported to police. Authorities believe she left of her own accord.

NCMEC

NamUs

Charley Project

I would like to bump this for the family of Laroya, but also to get some help from fellow sleuthers. I'm awaiting verification before giving up some info, in hopes of getting some help.
    TIA

I've received permission from Tricia, our fearless leader :-) to go ahead and post some information/speculation in regards to Laroya's case. I would first just like to say that none of this information has been confirmed and is based on what her father believes may have happend. There was an older man that Laroya was involved with at the time of her disapperance. It is specualted that she was lured away from home and has since either by force, coercision and/or through drugs, etc... used her for prostitution.

If anyone has any inside information into that "world" or could lead us to someone who might be able to give us some insight it would TRULY be appreciated. Laroya's case has been "cold" pretty much since she went missing.

The Charley Project site says that the last known sighting was found to be incorrect. Is there an update on where she was last seen, other than her residence?
    NINE - am I crazy??? 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Walker....
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/3daywalker

Your source for Scentsy and Color Me Amber...PM me for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastLady View Post
    The Charley Project site says that the last known sighting was found to be incorrect. Is there an update on where she was last seen, other than her residence?
    I believe the residence was the last place that her immediate family saw her. She was outside talking to "friends" and according to those "friends" she left with someone. They claimed that they didn't know who or even what time. It was an "I don't know" or "don't remember" response. Its been some years so some of the details are little sketchy in my aging mind but I do believe in the beginning there were reported sightings from "friends" but they weren't confirmed.

I'm a huge fan of LE, however I do think with us being from such a large city and with so many cases of missing teenagers...that the statements led LE to believe she was a runaway and were passive about finding her. I do acknowledge that it is very possible that she ran away willingly, but she was only 15 and the fact that she could have been forced into prostitution is a crime. We all are aware that she is an adult now and is free to make her own decisions, but the family would just like to at least know that she is still alive.

Question Laroya Bray

I don't know much about either of these two cases but thought that the pictures were similar enough for another opinion. I was having a hard time with the nose due to poor photo quality from pictures obtained from killers residence.

http://www.latimes.com/media/acrobat...2/58310839.pdf

These are pictures of unidentified women involved with the Grim Sleeper Killer, and #39 looks a lot like Ms. Bray

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bray_laroya.html
    Ms. Bray

Bumping for our dear Laroya. Any known updates of if she was a Grim Sleeper victim or not. Also, I too have read in the Charley Project of where one of her parents stated that they saw her last standing outside of her apartment accompained by an unidentifed African-American male later being a false statement. Why would one or both of her parents lie about such a thing? Perhaps did they do something to her or sold her and maybe being in an uncaring home is what results in her having shy personality. I really dislike when people blame the parents in missing people cases, but something is not adding up with Laroya's parents actions. Also, how much effort has Laroya's parents really put into finding her after a decade has past us all by, even if she did runaway. While I would love that Lsroya is alive and doing okay, I sadly doubt that she is alive and in somevregards if she is still alive then she is being held captive like Amanda, Gina, & Michelle were. JMO and

I feel the need to browse Doe Network, NamUs, the unidentified section of Websleuths. There has to be some family members or friends of Laroya wanting some closure or reason to believe maybe she is doing fine under an alias identity somewhere in this world.
    Last edited by Merry; 11-18-2013 at 03:55 PM.

I was approved a few years ago as a friend of the family. The last I had heard from her half-sister was that Laroya had been in contact with another family member and that she is alive and not in contact with her family by choice. The family member believes that in some capacity she is involved in prostitution. This was about a year ago and although no one can say they've spoken to her or confirmed the above to be true Most of them believe she is still alive and living a life of her own choosing.