Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Laroya Nate Bray

Endangered Runaway

Missing From: Los Angeles, California

Missing Since: March 26, 2003

Age: 15 -- Height: 5'7" -- Weight: 130 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Laroya's ears are pierced. She may dye her hair or wear hair extensions. She has a long narrow scar on her upper left thigh.

Laroya was last seen in Los Angeles, California on March 26, 2003. At 5:30 pm, her mother's fiance told her mother that he could not find her. When Laroya's mother returned at 11:00 pm, she was still missing and her disappearance was reported to police. Authorities believe she left of her own accord.

NCMEC

NamUs

Charley Project

I would like to bump this for the family of Laroya, but also to get some help from fellow sleuthers. I'm awaiting verification before giving up some info, in hopes of getting some help.
TIA

I've received permission from Tricia, our fearless leader :) to go ahead and post some information/speculation in regards to Laroya's case. I would first just like to say that none of this information has been confirmed and is based on what her father believes may have happend. There was an older man that Laroya was involved with at the time of her disapperance. It is specualted that she was lured away from home and has since either by force, coercision and/or through drugs, etc... used her for prostitution.

If anyone has any inside information into that "world" or could lead us to someone who might be able to give us some insight it would TRULY be appreciated. Laroya's case has been "cold" pretty much since she went missing.

The Charley Project site says that the last known sighting was found to be incorrect. Is there an update on where she was last seen, other than her residence?

The Charley Project site says that the last known sighting was found to be incorrect. Is there an update on where she was last seen, other than her residence?

I believe the residence was the last place that her immediate family saw her. She was outside talking to "friends" and according to those "friends" she left with someone. They claimed that they didn't know who or even what time. It was an "I don't know" or "don't remember" response. Its been some years so some of the details are little sketchy in my aging mind but I do believe in the beginning there were reported sightings from "friends" but they weren't confirmed.

I'm a huge fan of LE, however I do think with us being from such a large city and with so many cases of missing teenagers...that the statements led LE to believe she was a runaway and were passive about finding her. I do acknowledge that it is very possible that she ran away willingly, but she was only 15 and the fact that she could have been forced into prostitution is a crime. We all are aware that she is an adult now and is free to make her own decisions, but the family would just like to at least know that she is still alive.

Bumping for our dear Laroya. Any known updates of if she was a Grim Sleeper victim or not. Also, I too have read in the Charley Project of where one of her parents stated that they saw her last standing outside of her apartment accompained by an unidentifed African-American male later being a false statement. Why would one or both of her parents lie about such a thing? Perhaps did they do something to her or sold her and maybe being in an uncaring home is what results in her having shy personality. I really dislike when people blame the parents in missing people cases, but something is not adding up with Laroya's parents actions. Also, how much effort has Laroya's parents really put into finding her after a decade has past us all by, even if she did runaway. While I would love that Lsroya is alive and doing okay, I sadly doubt that she is alive and in somevregards if she is still alive then she is being held captive like Amanda, Gina, & Michelle were. JMO and :twocents:

I feel the need to browse Doe Network, NamUs, the unidentified section of Websleuths.:please: There has to be some family members or friends of Laroya wanting some closure or reason to believe maybe she is doing fine under an alias identity somewhere in this world.

I was approved a few years ago as a friend of the family. The last I had heard from her half-sister was that Laroya had been in contact with another family member and that she is alive and not in contact with her family by choice. The family member believes that in some capacity she is involved in prostitution. This was about a year ago and although no one can say they've spoken to her or confirmed the above to be true Most of them believe she is still alive and living a life of her own choosing.

Laroya Nate Bray – The Charley Project

This is where she lived at the time
Google Maps

Based on the photos of her, why is she wearing headscarfs on her hair? a religious purpose or a fashion statement? Maybe she was associated with the wrong people or since she was outspoken she made somebody angry which is the reason she vannished. I feel like some of her acquaintances knowwhat happened.

bumping for Laroya. If it is true she is alive and well, why not contact the authorities and let them know she doesn't want contact with family?

Bump.

What? She was previously found alive? That's a bit hard to believe....

How did the sister find this information out...

Bumping for our dear Laroya. Any known updates of if she was a Grim Sleeper victim or not. Also, I too have read in the Charley Project of where one of her parents stated that they saw her last standing outside of her apartment accompained by an unidentifed African-American male later being a false statement. Why would one or both of her parents lie about such a thing? Perhaps did they do something to her or sold her and maybe being in an uncaring home is what results in her having shy personality. I really dislike when people blame the parents in missing people cases, but something is not adding up with Laroya's parents actions. Also, how much effort has Laroya's parents really put into finding her after a decade has past us all by, even if she did runaway. While I would love that Lsroya is alive and doing okay, I sadly doubt that she is alive and in somevregards if she is still alive then she is being held captive like Amanda, Gina, & Michelle were. JMO and :twocents:

I think blaming the parents in your statements, for not publicizing more ot talking about it more is unfair. You don't know what the family is doing locally. And she is a black woman. I highly suggest you watch HBO's Black and Missing for a in depth understanding.

I was approved a few years ago as a friend of the family. The last I had heard from her half-sister was that Laroya had been in contact with another family member and that she is alive and not in contact with her family by choice. The family member believes that in some capacity she is involved in prostitution. This was about a year ago and although no one can say they've spoken to her or confirmed the above to be true Most of them believe she is still alive and living a life of her own choosing.
Hello may I ask who this might be? I am her older sister which happens to be on her biological father side. I honestly don’t know if Laroya is alive or not. I pray she is still alive and safe. I was told 2 or 3 years ago that someone thought that they seen her that she went to high school with but I’m not sure if it was really her or someone that could resemble her. I just want my sister back. I see that you are a friend of the family on her moms side I think, do you have any new information or anything?

<modsnip - not approved sources>

Last edited by a moderator:

• laroya_nate_bray_1.jpg
  • laroya_nate_bray_2.jpg
  • laroya_nate_bray_3.jpg
  • laroya_nate_bray_4.jpg
Laroya, circa 2003; Age-progression to age 27 (circa 2014)
  • Missing Since 03/26/2003
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Endangered Runaway
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 10/04/1987 (35)
  • Age 15 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'7, 130 - 140 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A red FUBU shirt or skirt, a white tank top, thick white socks, an imitation gold herringbone chain necklace with a V-shaped pendant, gold hoop earrings and gold stud earrings. She likes to wear headscarves and usually wears three silver rings on her left hand.

• Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Laroya had braided golden-blonde extensions in her hair at the time of her disappearance. Her hair was dyed gold at the time she vanished; it is naturally dark brown to black in color. Laroya's ears are double-pierced. She has bushy eyebrows, very light skin, and a long, narrow scar on her upper left thigh. Her nickname is Lala.

Details of Disappearance​

Laroya was last seen in Los Angeles, California on March 26, 2003. It was originally reported that she was last seen standing in front of her apartment building in the 3500 block of West 27th Street near Arlington Avenue and Adams Boulevard, accompanied by an African-American male who was described as 5'8 with a medium build. This information was later found to be incorrect.

At 5:30 p.m. Laroya's mother's fiance told her mother he couldn't find Laroya. When Laroya's mother returned at 11:00 p.m., her daughter was still missing and her disappearance was reported to police. Authorities believe she left of her own accord.

Laroya was in the tenth grade at Crenshaw High School at the time of her disappearance, but was preparing to transfer to Dorsey High School. She is described as an outspoken person who may be shy around strangers. Her case remains unsolved and is still classified as a runaway.

Investigating Agency​

• Los Angeles Police Department 213-485-2582

Source Information​

Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 15, 2015; age-progression updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back