895 users online (130 members and 765 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

GA - Wazineh Suleiman, 30, Bartow County, 8 April 2011

Hey, y'all. I've never posted or started a thread before, so I hope this is okay. There is a thread for her in the family support section, but I thought it would be good to have it in the discussion forum. I live close to here, so this was on our local news.

http://www.ajc.com/news/bartow-count...of-906011.html
    http://cartersville.patch.com/articl...ported-missing
    Last edited by Salem; 04-14-2011 at 11:31 AM.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherlil View Post
    Hey, y'all. I've never posted or started a thread before, so I hope this is okay. There is a thread for her in the family support section, but I thought it would be good to have it in the discussion forum. I live close to here, so this was on our local news.

Welcome to Websleuths and thanks for posting...

I read the AJC article, and the husband's story sounds fishy to me. How do you get a weekend mixed up and then just happen to come home and find your wife missing? The kids said she was gone only 10 minutes so the timeline is all off if that's true, though... that doesn't leave much time at all...
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

http://wap.wsbtv.com/wap/news/play.j...tle=Local+News

Any Susan Smith shivers here?

This is near Acworth GA most teens call it Crackworth. FOR A REASON!
    This is my stomping ground. Lots of tobacco spitting Rebel Flag flying
    NOT prejudice they like everyone ~ just not very educated
    THE unemployment rate is one of the higher on GA. and only 6% of people living in Bartow are elligible for jury duty! I get a notice every other year. Lake Allatoona O's here. TONS OF TURKEY HUNTING ACRES!

IMO the "Dalton" story is TOTAL BS
    He could drive there and back in an hour + or -.

AND THOSE.TURKEYS ARE.SKEERY!!! 8
    I had one in my driveway. My friend called me from her car. It wouldn't let her get out!
    It was spring break for Bartow county last week. The story, the timing, the trip to Dalton as people are returning from Florida etc... the fake crying
    No video of her at the RedBox inside the WalMart.
    nope! not falling for it
    MOO
    Last edited by gngr~snap; 04-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    ~ my opinion only

It does sound fishy, but maybe, just maybe, the husband is being truthful. Unless the friend he was with is in cahoots with or lying for him, his alibi should be verifiable. They made two stops, either of those places have cameras?

The thing that gets me in that interview, he says "please, whoever has her, just give her back". He's that confident some has her or is he just saying that would be the only reason she hasn't came home ... Someone has her.

Hoping we hear something soon about the Walmart survellance video. Most of them also have cameras in their parking areas, maybe something happened to her there.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

The husband's story DOES sound odd; but if she really only left the kids 10 minutes before he got home, I don't know when he would have done something to her.

One thought I had was since she usually kept her head covered, some ignorant people could have targeted her because of that.

The husband's story DOES sound odd; but if she really only left the kids 10 minutes before he got home, I don't know when he would have done something to her.

One thought I had was since she usually kept her head covered, some ignorant people could have targeted her because of that.
    Maybe, but we have lots of Muslim women working here. Nurses, Pharmacy Techs, fast food drive thrus. Almost all the gas stations liquor stores even Dunkin Donuts are owned and operated by people from the Middle East.
    Drugs are the major criminal activity here. MOST deaths around here are car wrecks or drug related IMO. generally speaking women are not "abducted"
    His story doesnt hold water with me. Even his friends said Turkey hunt was next weekend

Moo
    ~ my opinion only

In this political/religious climate and in the deep south, that isn't too far fetched...sadly. She is an absolutely beautiful woman and I'm sure her children miss her desperately.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...149043&theater

FB Missing Page-

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WOTS-Word-On-The-Street-Hailey-Dunn-Case/206505536031382#!/event.php?eid=177809818936129

She is a mother of five children and teaches at Dar al Noor Academy of Atlanta. Hubby is a Pharmacist.

I think this is the husband on the quad?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/suleimanabed
    Last edited by Knox; 04-11-2011 at 11:58 PM.

I think I'll reserve judgment on the husband until we hear more facts.

Prayers for her safe return to her family.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    So here's a question that just popped into my mind. Put yourself in the husband's shoes for a moment. You have left your wife alone with five kids for the weekend to go on a hunting trip. You realize it's the wrong weekend so you turn around and head home. What's something you would do? Call your wife and say that you're coming home. (So did he or did he not? If my husband left for the weekend but came back that night without telling me and walked in the door, I'd have a heart attack thinking it was an intruder...).

Just thinking through the options here:

1) She left willingly (maybe planned on leaving later but the husband was coming home early)
    2) Someone abducted her
    3) She had an accident
    4) The husband plays a role somehow (if he knew the kids were home alone he may have decided 10 minutes was long enough)

Again, I'm reserving judgment but the whole story is 'off' to me, kwim?
    Last edited by belimom; 04-12-2011 at 07:44 AM.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Good point Belimom...that would be my first response....call spouse and have a good laugh over what a big goof I had made by getting the date wrong...this story does not ring true to me at all.

More thoughts:

1) If you knew your husband was on the way home, wouldn't you either ask him to grab a movie or wait until he got home to go get one? Remember this is a Friday night and there are five kids left alone.

2) Do women really go out on Friday nights at 9:00 to get movies while leaving their kids at home? Or more importantly, did this woman usually do this? Even the husband has said it was unusual.

3) She never rented the movie, so she supposedly never made it to Wal-Mart. Did she stop somewhere else first (gas, groceries)? If not, then someone must have gotten to her in her vehicle in the driveway at home - or at a stop sign somewhere on the way. Wal-Marts are usually pretty busy at 9:00pm on Friday nights - I don't think someone got her in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

4) If the husband were involved (let's pretend for a moment), then what the odds that she would be leaving the house to get a movie anyway? He didn't have time to do anything so he would have to have had help - and the 'help' would have to know she was coming outside. Seems unlikely, doesn't it? (Unless the kids are mistaken or not telling the truth. I don't think you could get a friend and five kids to all lie, kwim?)

Just thinking. I really would like to know if the husband called her first to say he was coming home. I think that's important here. If so, why would she leave knowing he'd be home in a moment? If not, why why not? MOO.
    Last edited by belimom; 04-12-2011 at 07:58 AM.

From the bolded link:

The oldest told his father their mother had been gone about 10 minutes, Suleiman said.

The trip to rent a movie should have taken about 10 minutes each way, Suleiman said.
    So it could have been longer than 10 minutes, if the oldest (12) is just guesstimating and was also watching TV (time slips when watching TV, esp. for kids).

I googled the distance from their road (Law Road) and the closest Wal-Mart (and Red Box) is 7 miles, an estimated 17 minutes *one way*.

Just trying to put the pieces together.

Just a few impressions:

I'm not sure Wazineh was all that sheltered like we are thinking just because she covers her hair. She teaches, very likely at the school where at least some of her children go, and from the facebook page looks like she has plenty of friends and people who care about her. This is not some isolated woman whose husband has her cut off from the world.

In one of the interviews with her husband, he doesn't sound like he has even the slightest accent. That tells me that he's been here awhile, and is not a recent immigrant with no idea about American customs or behavior.

I agree with the poster above that it would be nearly impossible to get 6 kids under 12 to lie believably enough to fool LE.

Unless the friend he went hunting with is in on it, I don't see how the husband could have done anything himself. Even if the friend is in on it, 10 minutes (or even a half hour) isn't a whole lot of time for him and a friend to commit a murder and cover it up. The 911 call came in at a pretty reasonable time - not so soon that he shouldn't have been worried yet, but not so late that you wonder if she had disappeared before. And not "never" like Scott or Casey or many others, where someone else had to raise the alert.

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast