1288 users online (297 members and 991 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Stefanie Belue, 3, beaten to death, Detroit, 28 Sept 2004

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3766256/detail.html

This is horrifying...there are conflicting reports as to whether or not one of the victims has died. I will update as I get more info....

-Amanda

Dear God. . . please pray for these folks.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3766256/detail.html

Not a whole lot of new information, though this link should take you to the story, which has a small photo section now.

A 7-month-old was seriusly injured during this incident, as he or she was dropped from the arms of an adult.

The 41-year-old who was shot was also the owner of the day care. This does not seem to be a random act of violence.

This breaks my heart...

Unhappy

Toddler killed in shooting at Detroit day-care center

September 28, 2004 12:51 PM

The Associated Press

DETROIT Police say a three-year-old is dead after a shooting at a Detroit day-care center.

Authorities say two adults at the in-home facility were critically wounded.

A police spokesman says the toddler died after being rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

The search continues for the gunman. Police say he came to the door of the house, exchanged words with someone, then entered -- and opened fire.

Detroit's police chief says it doesn't appear to be a random shooting.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

It turns out that the 3-year-old girl who died was actually beaten to death, not shot. This makes very little sense to me, since it seemed like the shooting took a matter of seconds. Unless....the shooting done to coverup the girls beating? I dunno.....very confused.....

Quote Originally Posted by amandab
    It turns out that the 3-year-old girl who died was actually beaten to death, not shot. This makes very little sense to me, since it seemed like the shooting took a matter of seconds. Unless....the shooting done to coverup the girls beating? I dunno.....very confused.....

I think you're right. It sounds like a fight that was left over from a previous fight. How horrible must that have been? I can't imagine being beaten to death. Why must people pick on those smaller than they?

3yr old's Father Questioned

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3773333/detail.html

Im desperate for more info! Was the 3 year old beaten prior?
    I cant belive the shooter hasnt been found!!!!!!!
    What a tragedy!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

I keep checking the web sites for more info as well....I'm posting it here as quickly as I can, though it really seems to be just dribbling out at the moment......

God Bless this little girl's soul and prayers for the 7 month old's recovery. This is horrible. It just goes to show that evil walks among us.

could this have been dad?

lets say he went to pick up the child. was told that child ill, etc. and he needed to take her to hosp. after seeing the condition of the child he pulls gun and shoots the caregivers. Then he runs in a panic. Who called police?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3781792/detail.html

Little Stefanie laid to rest. No real updates on the crime, though. I hope they catch this guy soon.....

They STILL havent caught the guy??

I hate it when these a big story like this one and then*poof* nothing!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Exclamation ARREST MADE!!! (It's the victim's own father!)

Sunday October 10, 2004 8:16 AM

DETROIT (AP) - The father of a 3-year-old who was beaten to death in an attack on her day care center was arrested Saturday, a day after he was named as the suspect in the attack that also left two women hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

Bernard Kelly, 37, of Detroit, was taken into custody Saturday evening, Detroit Police Officer Jeremy Aguayo said. An arrest warrant for him listed charges of murder, assault with intent to commit murder and felony firearms possession, The Detroit News reported Sunday.

Police initially reported that 3-year-old Stefanie Belue had been shot to death, but later said she was fatally beaten in the Sept. 28 attack.

The warrant came after a woman shot during the rampage named Kelly as the assailant, Officer Glen Woods said.

Annette Rice, 41, the day care's operator, and Sherita Griggs, Rice's 22-year-old niece, were shot and critically wounded. Both women remained hospitalized Saturday. Police said Griggs regained consciousness Friday and identified Kelly.

``If Sherita had not gained consciousness, this case may have never been solved because they had no witnesses that would be able to identify him,'' said Lt. Roy McCallister, head of the Detroit homicide division.

Griggs' 4-month-old son, Amari, suffered a head injury when she dropped him during the attack. He was hospitalized for several days and has since been released. Two other children in the house were unharmed. In the days after Stefanie's death, Kelly told the Free Press that police questioned him the evening of Sept. 29. He denied any connection to the crimes.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Well I'm sorry to say that I'm not the least bit shocked. Angry and upset, but not shocked. I'm glad that he'll be made to face this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Well I'm sorry to say that I'm not the least bit shocked. Angry and upset, but not shocked. I'm glad that he'll be made to face this.
    At least there will hopefully be justice, as you said. I thought it was a random act by some deranged individual, but guess not. Well, that's not to say he isn't deranged, obviously.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast