1362 users online (309 members and 1053 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL - Officer David Crawford, 46, shot to death, St Petersburg, 21 Feb 2011

This broke my heart.. this has to be the hardest thing these parents have ever done. I'm glad they did the right thing.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...fess-to-murder

Over more than 30 minutes, Lindsey’s family talks to him. At many points, he breaks down in tears, and at one point, sits on the floor, sobbing. His parents hold him as he cries.

“It’s going to be ok, son. It’s going to be ok,” Lindsey’s father says.

Wow. Just wow.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

WOW! As hard as this had to be for the parents, THEY DID THE RIGHT THING!

At least they didn't lie for him!
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

if only more parents were like these parents, they will stand with there son whilst he goes through the criminal justice system and is punished for what he has done, encouraging him to accept responsibilty and still being his parents and being there for him

very emotional video to watch

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    if only more parents were like these parents, they will stand with there son whilst he goes through the criminal justice system and is punished for what he has done, encouraging him to accept responsibilty and still being his parents and being there for him

very emotional video to watch
    that settles it......I can't watch.......will just read what you guys have to say about it........thanks

Heartbreaking to watch. Why can't more parents be like these two.

I didn't even watch the video and i'm crying like a baby! Way to go parents, you are such awesome parents! It must have been so so hard for them
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    I just hope they didn't pressure him into confessing to something he really didn't do.

how terrible. I'm crying my eyes out. it's so sad with parents like that, he still went the wrong way.

“You’re doing the right thing now,” his father says.

“It’s ok, son. This is the price we pay for the things we do,” he adds, as an officer reads Lindsey his rights.
    The consequences of his actions....

I must say, how refreshing to see parents demand their son tells the truth for his own benefit...I think this is a perfect example of how not to enable your child. As hard as that was for the parents to have their son confess to killing a LE official, knowing they will loose him to prison for the rest of his life, it's refreshing to not have a parent cover up for their child...a perfect example of how to act if ever in this horrible position...the truth will set his soul free....something another family should take heed from...this is truly uncondtional love...you can love and support your child, but demand the truth...when faced with adversity...JMHO

Justice for All

I think the two most heartbreaking things are that you can hear it in his mother's voice, she wants to believe him, but she can't. I'm sure that his parents were privy to at least some of the evidence against him, and that was the reason for her disbelief.
    And
    The sorrow in his father's voice when he tells him "This is the price we pay for the things we do, son." Simple, matter of fact, but you can tell that man's heart is breaking.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

From October 2013:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...prison/2146642

The teenager who shot and killed a St. Petersburg police officer in 2011 should spend the rest of his life in prison, without the possibility of parole, a judge ruled Friday...

When Crawford went to confront Lindsey in downtown St. Petersburg, the officer held only a notebook. Lindsey pulled out a gun he had bought for $140 and shot Crawford five times...

A jury convicted Lindsey last year of first-degree murder.