Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 650
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,968
    I have a question about the OSBI I could probably find the answer to but thought I would save myself a few minutes and ask here first.

    Is the OSBI divided into regions in oklahoma? Like one OSBI office/ team handles a few counties then another a few more under oversite of a main office or is it just one office/team for the whole state?


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    25,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I have a question about the OSBI I could probably find the answer to but thought I would save myself a few minutes and ask here first.

    Is the OSBI divided into regions in oklahoma? Like one OSBI office/ team handles a few counties then another a few more under oversite of a main office or is it just one office/team for the whole state?
    http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Investigative...ons/index.html


  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13
    They don't really have offices for the OSBI. Most of the agents are stationed in county sheriff's offices, and some of them even operate out of their homes. There are not OSBI agents in every county. One agent will usually cover 3-4 counties here in rural NW Oklahoma. But they aren't just assigned counties. They also work cases in counties that aren't assigned to them depending on caseload numbers and specialities. The best way to find out what agent covers an area is usually by asking the Sheriff's office in the area your considering. I know that someone very close to me is an OSBI agent and because he does polygraphs he sometimes works cases clear across the state. Calling the state office for info is completely pointless, and they don't give out agents information to the public because the OSBI doesn't take reports from the public, they only assist at the request of local law enforcment. Hope that helps!


  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lshell For This Useful Post:


  7. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by lshell View Post
    They don't really have offices for the OSBI. Most of the agents are stationed in county sheriff's offices, and some of them even operate out of their homes. There are not OSBI agents in every county. One agent will usually cover 3-4 counties here in rural NW Oklahoma. But they aren't just assigned counties. They also work cases in counties that aren't assigned to them depending on caseload numbers and specialities. The best way to find out what agent covers an area is usually by asking the Sheriff's office in the area your considering. I know that someone very close to me is an OSBI agent and because he does polygraphs he sometimes works cases clear across the state. Calling the state office for info is completely pointless, and they don't give out agents information to the public because the OSBI doesn't take reports from the public, they only assist at the request of local law enforcment. Hope that helps!
    O/T:

    WOW!!! The OSBI dosen't take reports from the public??? Sooo..the tip I called into OSBI, about the woman's body found in Lake Thunderbird, went in one ear and out the other???

    Maybe I'm just understanding it wrong.

    Sorry for the O/T.


  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:


  9. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,968
    Quote Originally Posted by lshell View Post
    They don't really have offices for the OSBI. Most of the agents are stationed in county sheriff's offices, and some of them even operate out of their homes. There are not OSBI agents in every county. One agent will usually cover 3-4 counties here in rural NW Oklahoma. But they aren't just assigned counties. They also work cases in counties that aren't assigned to them depending on caseload numbers and specialities. The best way to find out what agent covers an area is usually by asking the Sheriff's office in the area your considering. I know that someone very close to me is an OSBI agent and because he does polygraphs he sometimes works cases clear across the state. Calling the state office for info is completely pointless, and they don't give out agents information to the public because the OSBI doesn't take reports from the public, they only assist at the request of local law enforcment. Hope that helps!
    What? You mean to me tell the OSBI operates like resource officers? Or am I missing something.


  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


  11. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I'm pleased to announce my discovery of a Rhomboid Parallelogram of Evil, Eufaula
    to Stigler to Poteau to McAlester and back to Eufaula. Low in population but high on crime.
    i was just thinking exactly the same thing today! mine was by county, haskell, leflore, latimer, pittsburg.
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus


  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanny2five For This Useful Post:


  13. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by lshell View Post
    They don't really have offices for the OSBI. Most of the agents are stationed in county sheriff's offices, and some of them even operate out of their homes. There are not OSBI agents in every county. One agent will usually cover 3-4 counties here in rural NW Oklahoma. But they aren't just assigned counties. They also work cases in counties that aren't assigned to them depending on caseload numbers and specialities. The best way to find out what agent covers an area is usually by asking the Sheriff's office in the area your considering. I know that someone very close to me is an OSBI agent and because he does polygraphs he sometimes works cases clear across the state. Calling the state office for info is completely pointless, and they don't give out agents information to the public because the OSBI doesn't take reports from the public, they only assist at the request of local law enforcment. Hope that helps!
    Wait...what?

    I would fact check this by calling the local SO....but see then dispatch will answer; and if I ask about the current local OSBI point of contact, they will shout a fax number at me and hang up. (True story.)

    So then I will fax a tip about a missing child to the OSBI point of contact; and I may or may not get one of those little 'confirmed received' messages on my fax. And then I will hear nothing further. Because I am not law enforcement. (True story.)

    No wonder we are all so frustrated.
    This...system...is a tad broken. MOO, of course.

    So anyhoo- does anyone know who in the OSBI is currently in charge of the Jamison's case? Soul- they liked you. Can you find out?


  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  15. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    C-Bar...I am still worried about you... if you can check in, that would be great. If you are on vacation in the Bahamas or something and left internet access behind I am totally cool with that.

    But seriously- I am worried about you guys after that storm system.


  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  17. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,662
    Easter bump for Bobby,Sherilyn and Madyson!!! We haven't given up on finding you!!


  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:


  19. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    quote=little726;6384398]Easter bump for Bobby,Sherilyn and Madyson!!! We haven't given up on finding you!![/quote]

    Thank you little- no we have NOT. (Btw and O/T but...peace to all my internet friends this Easter...still hoping C-Bar is ok. Check in when you can? Pretty please??)

    Oh and yeah. I'm, uhhh....
    and and and

    The usual Jamison case scenario I guess.


  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  21. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,086
    Dont feel bad, the new sheriff won't call me back either. I suppose with all the tornadoes that have been going through OK, I guess they might be a little busy. According to the national weather service it looks like 2 went through Latimer county on 4/14/11.

    http://okcstormwatcher.wordpress.com...ka-ok-tornado/

    Starlet was the one that had the cell phones suspended, she didn't cancel the service as I think they were stll in contract. She gave C.J. Bobby's phone, but he put it on his fathers plan (IIRC).

    I was in the shipping container and it was FULL of crap. It was basically full of all the stuff you would put in your garage. There was some lawn equipment etc., there was a lot of stuff from back when their house burned down that they had kept in there. An old file cabinet with some OLD paper work. Really just a bunch of random crap.

    Happy belated easter!


  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:


  23. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    Dont feel bad, the new sheriff won't call me back either. I suppose with all the tornadoes that have been going through OK, I guess they might be a little busy. According to the national weather service it looks like 2 went through Latimer county on 4/14/11.

    http://okcstormwatcher.wordpress.com...ka-ok-tornado/

    Starlet was the one that had the cell phones suspended, she didn't cancel the service as I think they were stll in contract. She gave C.J. Bobby's phone, but he put it on his fathers plan (IIRC).

    I was in the shipping container and it was FULL of crap. It was basically full of all the stuff you would put in your garage. There was some lawn equipment etc., there was a lot of stuff from back when their house burned down that they had kept in there. An old file cabinet with some OLD paper work. Really just a bunch of random crap.

    Happy belated easter!
    Happy belated Easter to you as well!

    What does 'suspending' a cell phone service entail? I know how you can cut off your service for a period of time (so you don't have to pay when you know you won't be needing it) but you have to be a primary person holding the account; or someone that has been added to your account as a primary. So Starlet was the primary (or one of the primary) persons on the account? And also added CJ and his dad at some point? Like, a family/friends plan?

    But their cell numbers are now not just suspended. They're gone. Actually- they've shot to other users. What's up with that?


  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  25. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,086
    Starlet had to take a copy of her guardian papers to ATT for them to suspend the accounts. She did this to a lot of the companies that the Jamison's were getting bills from. I guess you can call them up and explain that your son and his family are missing, provide a copy of the police report and guardianship papers...and wa lah. I am not sure how long you can suspend the account for, but I am sure that 18 months is a bit of a stretch. I would be curious to know when the numbers were re-issued. Now that I think of it, I never called the Jamisons cell phone numbers. Would have been kinda eery to hear their voices.

    Here is more information on suspending...
    http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-c...ionId=KB102788

    The blackberry went to CJ, but it was NO longer on the Jamison phone plan. It was transferred on to the Mangum phone plan.


  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:


  27. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    I called the cell numbers.

    Here's the thing- why would you worry about bills coming in for your missing family members unless you were financially responsible for them? Or you thought they were coming back, but didn't know when and thought you should take care of a billing situation?
    You kwim?

    Okay- gotta run- bbl. But I think this is something that should be revisited.


  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  29. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,662
    Interesting article on the, "BP" buck slayer of Latimer County:

    http://newsok.com/the-bp-buck-slayer...rticle/3555112

    Just something more to add to the list of the missing Jamison family!


  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:


Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #8
    By Cubby in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 541
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 04:09 PM
  2. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #7
    By Cubby in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 580
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
  3. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #5
    By Salem in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 644
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
  4. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4
    By Cubby in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 579
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
  5. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2
    By imamaze in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 720
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •