2011.04.12 Casey Anthony trial: Focus group 'acquits' Anthony on CBS show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
They are doing this simply for ratings. If they had just done a normal summary of the case, there would just be a few articles advertising the show, "Watch 48 Hours on the Caylee Anthony case on Saturday!" but by acquitting Casey, they are purposely causing controversy and outrage, which will bring more media coverage about their show, and more viewers who will tune in. I know the first 48 hours episode had about 6 million viewers, and I'm interested in seeing how many people watch the new episode. I hope the ratings are consistent, because if there's a big increase, that will just show that their controversial plan for ratings worked.

SNIPPED:
In 2009, CBS News paid $20,000 to George and Cindy to license photos and video to provide visuals for the story, a standard industry practice. The material appeared on "48 Hours Mystery" and "The Early Show," and it belongs to CBS in perpetuity.

In 2008, ABC News paid $200,000 to Casey Anthony to license video and photos of the toddler. Later that year, Casey Anthony was charged with the child's murder. The ABC deal ignited a furor over ethics, and the high amount stunned the TV industry.

If never before, there it is in black and white.

Do photo agencies own any pictures of Caylee or were they all sold directly to the media outlets by the Anthonys? I know in JonBenet's case, all of her pageant pictures and videos are owned by photo agencies so whenever the media wants to use a picture/video of her, they have to pay a licensing fee to the photo agency. There is no media outlet that actually owns JonBenet's pageant videos/pictures; they have to pay the fee every time they show a picture or video. However, it seems that in Caylee's case, her pictures were just sold to the media outlets directly from the Anthonys, for them to use on any of their shows. I guess the Anthonys figured they could get a better deal licensing out Caylee's photos themselves, instead of selling them to a photo agency, or perhaps they didn't think of that option.

Also, does anyone know how many pictures and videos that 200k covered?

Focus group? Sounds like the focus group was sponsored by Kool-aid!

They are doing this simply for ratings. If they had just done a normal summary of the case, there would just be a few articles advertising the show, "Watch 48 Hours on the Caylee Anthony case on Saturday!" but by acquitting Casey, they are purposely causing controversy and outrage, which will bring more media coverage about their show, and more viewers who will tune in. I know the first 48 hours episode had about 6 million viewers, and I'm interested in seeing how many people watch the new episode. I hope the ratings are consistent, because if there's a big increase, that will just show that their controversial plan for ratings worked.

Bold and red mine.

Acquitting Casey....... that leaves an unbelievably NASTY taste in my mouth to read or hear those words. <blech>

Hang on, Baby Caylee.... justice is coming!!

I have to keep reminding myself that this "focus group" was not in any way selected by anyone representing the State. For all we know, whoever picked this particular group of people LOOKED for those who leaned toward the defense in the first place.

I think the whole thing is a farce and it truly makes me sick CBS/48 Hrs. can produce this kind of "journalism" right before trial is due to start and get away with it. Talk about jury tampering...

I have to keep reminding myself that this "focus group" was not in any way selected by anyone representing the State. For all we know, whoever picked this particular group of people LOOKED for those who leaned toward the defense in the first place.

I think the whole thing is a farce and it truly makes me sick CBS/48 Hrs. can produce this kind of "journalism" right before trial is due to start and get away with it. Talk about jury tampering...

I agree! But we *might* know? Courtesy of "nums24" :)

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/04/what-are-the-odds/

I have to keep reminding myself that this "focus group" was not in any way selected by anyone representing the State. For all we know, whoever picked this particular group of people LOOKED for those who leaned toward the defense in the first place.I think the whole thing is a farce and it truly makes me sick CBS/48 Hrs. can produce this kind of "journalism" right before trial is due to start and get away with it. Talk about jury tampering...

For that matter, they could have been actors. Who knows? Bunch of pure fiction.

Bold and red mine.

Acquitting Casey....... that leaves an unbelievably NASTY taste in my mouth to read or hear those words. <blech>

Hang on, Baby Caylee.... justice is coming!!

snaz, im right w/ you, hearing that( acquitting casey) not only left me w/ a bad taste in my mouth, i suddenly have the urge to :pullhair:eek:r perhaps :sick: thats one is better, b/c i almost want to puke ...just thinking of the possibilty if she walks...

"Defense attorneys Jose Baez and J. Cheney Mason are interviewed in the hour. But they were not involved in the focus group, although they know the outcome, CBS News said. Details about the focus group will be revealed on the show at 10 p.m. Saturday on WKMG-Channel 6."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-cbs-20110412,0,5029059.story

But If what Richard Hornsby opined, that Richard Gabriel is DT's jury consultant and the same person that visited ICA in jail and the same person on 48 Hours with a beard - Then the Defense Team was totally involved with this "mock jury focus group"

my hinkey meter is up...wonder if there was an agreement with JB to give theses shows full access to everything once the trail is over in return of good press and these so called focus groups. They all must live under a rock. LOL

You know what ya'll? I think maybe we need to just ignore this whole thing - they obviously want the controversy - any publicity is good publicity!! And this will give the DT and the defendant (and her mother) reason to think they can be cocky. Let them gloat. It will be disgusting to watch, but someone needs to remind them that:

This focus group never saw the actual case against Casey. I would wager they don't know a fourth of the things we know just from reading the discovery. :banghead:

Let Cindy gloat. It will just be that much sweeter when the REAL verdict comes.

But If what Richard Hornsby opined, that Richard Gabriel is DT's jury consultant and the same person that visited ICA in jail and the same person on 48 Hours with a beard - Then the Defense Team was totally involved with this "mock jury focus group"
Yup...it is, afterall, being billed as "inside the defense".

CBS' "48 Hours Mystery" returns to the Casey Anthony case with a twist this weekend that is causing a furor: The program asks an Orlando focus group if it would acquit the young mother of first-degree murder.

The result of the jury-like group: CBS says most of the 12 people would acquit.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-cbs-20110412,0,5029059.story

Well she has already spent more time in jail than most who have been convicted of murder. At some point like it or not she will be let go and giving a big high-five to her brother. She will have a big smile on her face while racking in tons of money telling us all how she is the victim. Her daughter will be a distant memory while she is totally 100% self-absorbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell