Thread: GA - Shoeless Toddler found wandering at apartment complex ....

GA - Shoeless Toddler found wandering at apartment complex ....

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/shoe...ng-907595.html

(not really a crime yet.. so if it needs to be moved, mods, feel free.... )

**Snip**

Police Wednesday were trying to locate the parents of a toddler who was found wandering around a southwest Atlanta apartment complex alone at 2:30 a.m.

So from 2:30am until 8:50am est, we still don't know who this toddler belongs to ...
    Last edited by LaWanda; 04-13-2011 at 09:20 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaWanda For This Useful Post:

Nice...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsc72 For This Useful Post:

Identified!!

Atlanta police located the mother of a 4-year-old boy found wandering around a southwest Atlanta apartment complex when the woman returned home later Wednesday morning, discovered the child missing and called 911.

A police spokeswoman said the mother, who left the child home alone while she was at work, will be charged.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

This is one of those situations where you have to ask, is this abuse or poverty?

Obviously there is ZERO excuse for leaving your 4 yr old home alone overnight EVER there could have been a fire, he could have gotten grabbed by a pervert etc...
    In our county of 60,000 people I cannot think of 1 single 3rd shift child care center.... not a single one. I'm sure there is a couple private home daycare type settings that do it though. So a single parent who has no family/friends to count on, NEEDS to work (kudos to her for not living off the system), what is she to do? I myself would pick quitting my job before I'd leave my babies home alone.
    I hope they offer her subsidized 3rd shift daycare or help with job placement in finding a first shift job.
    MOO

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    Identified!!

Atlanta police located the mother of a 4-year-old boy found wandering around a southwest Atlanta apartment complex when the woman returned home later Wednesday morning, discovered the child missing and called 911.

A police spokeswoman said the mother, who left the child home alone while she was at work, will be charged.
    OFGS! What is wrong with people. I think I mentioned this a few years back, but I saw a toddler alone in my apartment complex -- outside the gates, and heading towards a very busy street. I literally stopped my car in the middle of the road and ran to this child!

I convince him to stay just right where he is, don't move, and I go back and move my car, and park it on the side of the road.

Then I asked him the usual questions - where's your mommy, where do you live, etc. He told me "here" (as in our apartment complex"). Can you walk me where your mommy lives? He proceeds to do so.

I should have called the cops, because when I ever so kindly delivered her about to be run-over or kidnapped child with me, she had the nerve to YELL at me "what are you doing with my child". Um...you <unusual person> I just found him outside near the highway.

She yanked him in by the arm and slammed the door in my face.

I slunked back to my car wishing I had called 911 instead of delivering that poor baby back to that monster.

Mel

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

I have to say, there are quite a few Third Shift daycares and childwatch services in these parts. Not saying that there were for her, but Poverty is no excuse at all for unsafe children. I have to say, live of the system if that's the only way you don't leave a 4 year old home alone. Or, for a bit, use the system until you can uncover first shift work. May not be easy, but there is a way.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:

Atlanta police arrested the mother of a 4-year-old boy found wandering around a southwest Atlanta apartment complex after the woman returned home later Wednesday morning, discovered the child missing and called 911.

"We tried to get him to show us where he lived," Atlanta police Capt. Van Hobbs said.

"He wanted a piggyback ride, so one of my sergeants put him on his shoulders and said he would give him a piggyback ride if he showed us where he lived and carried him about four blocks and the house he showed us wasn't the house," Hobbs told the AJC before daybreak. "So, he got his piggyback ride, and we don't know where he lives."

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/moth...er-907595.html

Wow, no excuse for that! Unbelievable that people think it's okay to leave their young children home alone!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MorenoI For This Useful Post: