Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    This again is contradictory though. You have that argument at the preschool, but then on July 11th she rips into him and yet he didn't yell at her.

I agree that he could get angry, but maybe when with only certain subjects (such as the kids).
    KIDS = MONEY .....to Brad. JMO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lori59 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Palomine View Post
    Brad blew his on plan..by not going to the Police Station to talk with Police, he made himself suspicious
    Anyone who is concerned and worried would have been doing anything and everything to help find missing person!
    Yep - If I were not guilty and loved & was worried about my spouse, I would have been camped out on their doorstep.,,,

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

This again is contradictory though. You have that argument at the preschool, but then on July 11th she rips into him and yet he didn't yell at her.

I agree that he could get angry, but maybe when with only certain subjects (such as the kids).
    He didn't have *kids* with the previous girl friend though. I don't think it was the *kids* as much as the general attitude of 'control'. His anger flared when/if he felt his control was being circumvented. MOO

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
    I was on CTV. I started with the Kathleen Peterson case.
    Each time a major case has been aired--S. Peterson, OJ, M. Peterson I have had a major body problem or something which kept me in the house and glued to the tv. I was so mad that the S. Peterson case was not televised and we had to rely on the CTV folks, with their Blackberrys, send info out to the girl who covered it each day. I really, really liked her and can't remember her name.
    Brad is arrogant and smug but Michael Peterson wins all records for that. I detested that man as much as I do Brad and celebrated for a week when the guilty verdict was announced. I am not far from the correctional facility he's in and I have considered, many times, about seeing if I could visit him. I don't want to befriend him, I just want to see how beaten down he is physically and mentally after living such a grandiose life style and thinking he could not only murder one woman but two and get away with it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Palomine View Post
    are there any original posters from CTV here?
    Yep, sure was one of those. Loved it when the trials were live!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    Each time a major case has been aired--S. Peterson, OJ, M. Peterson I have had a major body problem or something which kept me in the house and glued to the tv. I was so mad that the S. Peterson case was not televised and we had to rely on the CTV folks, with their Blackberrys, send info out to the girl who covered it each day. I really, really liked her and can't remember her name.
    Brad is arrogant and smug but Michael Peterson wins all records for that. I detested that man as much as I do Brad and celebrated for a week when the guilty verdict was announced. I am not far from the correctional facility he's in and I have considered, many times, about seeing if I could visit him. I don't want to befriend him, I just want to see how beaten down he is physically and mentally after living such a grandiose life style and thinking he could not only murder one woman but two and get away with it.
    Beth Karas?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

I dislike the 'other' Peterson even more... the cop.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dgfred For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    Beth Karas?
    Bless you, that's right. I really liked her so much. She was excellent at providing even the most tiny piece of information to the CTV watching audience. I think she knew he was guilty, as we all did, and she did a good job of not showing any bias in her reports.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    I would like to see/hear the pros. revisit that judges ruling. Taking into account what Garry Rentz stated, 'brad dreaming about seeing three bodies..." along with the suicide site, I think that should be allowed for the jury to consider. MOO
    Strange how these murder cases have the oddest parallels. I remember OJ didn't want to take a poly because he told Ron Shipp he'd had a dream about killing Nicole. That testimony was allowed but then again, that was Ito!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    I dislike the 'other' Peterson even more... the cop.
    If they don't hurry up and get on with that case everybody, including him, will be dead.
    I will do my best to follow that trial(s) as he is guilty as sin of how many disappearing/dead wives--3?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

Twitter updates
    CPD Computer Dets Thomas & Ice in court rm waiting for trial to resume. Jr just walked in. Otherwise near empty right now. #coopertrial
    Det Young sitting next to Jr, helping him w/ projector. Looks right at home in well of court. "NetAnalysis" doc on screen. #coopertrial

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hotpinkstef For This Useful Post:

It's not going to happen. This was discussed when it came up (I was surprised it was sustained) but if you look at it a certain way, it is prejudicial. The site was about suicide, and the judge didn't want the jury to assume just because he was looking up suicide that should translate into him looking at ways to kill her.
    For me it was the time frame. IIRC, correct me if I'm wrong, the suicide site was in Feb/Mar???

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    Strange how these murder cases have the oddest parallels. I remember OJ didn't want to take a poly because he told Ron Shipp he'd had a dream about killing Nicole. That testimony was allowed but then again, that was Ito!
    They should use that trial in every law school in the country as to what NOT to do from both sides. Judge Ito was an idiot at times.....and remember all of those blasted sidebars? About 20 a day. Unbearable.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

I can't see where WRAL has turned on the coverage yet. Does anybody see it?

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

There is one gleaming bright spot for Brad...no matter what happens, he has a lot of people supporting him.
    IMO

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

IIRC, he has been 'beaten down' literally, a couple times in prison, hasn't he? I wonder how the children are doing? Wonder if those adopted girls have ever begun to have any doubts about their own mother? It would be nice for them to let their mothers side of the family get to know them a bit....

What is with that Peterson name???oops my wife fell up the stairs

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Palomine For This Useful Post:

He didn't have *kids* with the previous girl friend though. I don't think it was the *kids* as much as the general attitude of 'control'. His anger flared when/if he felt his control was being circumvented. MOO
    Where are all the other instances of arguments then? The state can't even get her friends to testify if he had a history of raising his voice to her. How do you get 'anger flared' when we have no evidence of it outside of one day?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    I can't see where WRAL has turned on the coverage yet. Does anybody see it?
    FBI still on stand to video or audio

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotpinkstef For This Useful Post:

For me it was the time frame. IIRC, correct me if I'm wrong, the suicide site was in Feb/Mar???
    February I believe, and only that one instance I believe.

From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck
    Det Young sitting next to Jr, helping him w/ projector. Looks right at home in well of court. "NetAnalysis" doc on screen. #coopertrial

stevengauck Steven Gauck
    DA Amy Fitzhugh's mother watching today. Amy introduced her to CPD.I'd pick a diff trial to show off my prosecutorial prowess. #coopertrial

stevengauck Steven Gauck
    Lunchtime drink specials are over. Lochmere gossip hens starting to roll in. #coopertrial
    Kelly

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KellyCrash For This Useful Post:

IIRC, he has been 'beaten down' literally, a couple times in prison, hasn't he? I wonder how the children are doing? Wonder if those adopted girls have ever begun to have any doubts about their own mother? It would be nice for them to let their mothers side of the family get to know them a bit....

I remember well that right after he ended up at the facility, within a few weeks, he was beaten by a group and taken to the hospital. He is still proclaiming an owl killed Kathleen.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

This is what I don't understand about the states case. They bring up something earlier in the trial (in this case, the DBAN software) but then don't correlate that to anything, like if he had this on the pc or if FBI can determine what (if anything) wiped.

Everyone always mentions 'foundation' but it's not foundation if there's nothing that goes with the foundation.
    Exactly. They have literally thrown crap against the wall throughout their whole case and then never mentioned it again. What they did with the shoes really bothers me. They spend a bunch of time pointing out the missing HT shoes. Yet they bring in a witness to testify about mica on his running shoes even though it doesn't chemically match the crimes scene. But if a juror only heard the mica part, they might think it meant something. But does that mean they now have a theory that he wore the running shoes to dump her, then changed to the missing shoes, then changed to the sandles? Or does that mean they think he cased this site prior to the murder, even though they haven't come out an suggested it? To me, it's more like "See...his shoes are missing so he must have killed her". But also "See...there was white mica on his running shoes so he must have killed her because there was also white mica at the body site even though we only tested there, his yard, and lochmere lake...but it means he must have killed her". Or "See...we took this rug...but I'll mention much later that nothing was found on the rug so you will think the rug was important". Or "See, he bought a tarp at Lowes, so he must have killed her. Please ignore that the same tarp was found in an unoppened package in the garage...he must have killed her because he bought it." The whole freaking case has been like this. Or even sneaky stuff like "How big is the fxo? It would be able to fit in your pocket, right? But please ignore that the fxo won't work without a router that is at least the size of a pizza box because the fxo is small, so it means he could hide it in his pocket...which means he must have killed her."

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

I will see what I can do with it today. If I am a complete and utter failure, I may take you up on it--if you will take the rest of my clutter too!
    If the rest of your clutter is unopened electronics, we have a deal.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
    #CooperTrial from 1-5pm today. Det. Chappell back on the stand. Can't record his testimony. Awaiting notes from court, will tweet updates.

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Palomine For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast