Theories before trial begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

stmarysmead

Reaction score
The situation in this case is clear.

On one hand, Coleman may be innocent. To believe this, the jury will need to accept that he and his family were stalked for months by a diabolical killer obsessed with, not them, but the ministry he worked for. This mythical killer then decided to take his wrath toward the Ministry out on the WIFE and CHILDREN of a mid-level employee...but not the Ministry or even the employee himself.

In fact, this Murderer who was watching the house obsessively...sat watching somewhere equipped with spray paint...and watched and waited till the Employee of the ministry LEFT, then hurried in to slaughter the family and spray paint his messages.

The alternative scenario is that shortly after bedding Tara, this husband and father began plotting how to murder his wife and little boys and get away with it. This murder is not one of losing controlling, succumbing to rage...this is a calculated slaughter.

How many times did Coleman envision how he would choke the life out of those little boys who loved him? How many times did he receive their hugs and calculate how much force it might take to snuff the breath out of them. All through Christmas, and altar calls, and family events, it wasn't just Sheri whose death plan was being finalized...it was those boys.

How many humans could look at even a pet in their home, healthy and loving and start to plan how in months ahead, YOU yourself would kill it in cold blood.

I hope that Tara is questioned about the names for their children. In Coleman's mind, he had moved on. Sheri's babies were trash to him, to be snuffed out and discarded...so they did not impede on the lives of the new babies he and Tara would make.

It's one or the other. There is no room for middle ground here.

Because either Coleman is a victim or one of these most calculating pieces of evil that ever sat in a courtroom.

I'm going to elaborate a bit on your post StMarys. If this WAS a deranged murderer, why haven't we heard from them again? Seriously! If that deranged, I don't think they would have stopped with the murders. There would have been a note to Coleman later as well.

BTW, I made a new thread as this way Off Topic from jury selection and a great post for a new thread to reevaluate the case today! :tyou:

The situation in this case is clear.

On one hand, Coleman may be innocent. To believe this, the jury will need to accept that he and his family were stalked for months by a diabolical killer obsessed with, not them, but the ministry he worked for. This mythical killer then decided to take his wrath toward the Ministry out on the WIFE and CHILDREN of a mid-level employee...but not the Ministry or even the employee himself.

In fact, this Murderer who was watching the house obsessively...sat watching somewhere equipped with spray paint...and watched and waited till the Employee of the ministry LEFT, then hurried in to slaughter the family and spray paint his messages.

Respectfully snipped for space.

Don't forget too that this alleged stalker/murderer managed to use Chris's computer at JMM to craft some of the threats that were sent to the home. :banghead:

Agree with all who are asking themselves, why is he putting his family and the jurors through what they are about to go through? Will he plea at the last minute?

Coleman has no choice but to go to trial-a Plea Deal would not give him anything but life. Even if convicted, he's not likely to die given the current climate around the death penalty--so why not try for a chance, however small it may be to get acquitted. He's an uncaring cold soul, so he doesnt care who he has to put through a trial-as long as he has a shot at freedom, that's all he cares about. Plus if he goes to trial and is convicted he can still maintain his innocence, a plea deal makes him actually admit guilt. This way he can save face and that is what it is all about for CC.
-
Looking at the known evidence, he has an uphill battle:
1. analysis which shows threat letters written from his own computer
2. Camera from cop across the street shows no activity around the coleman house (coleman will argue that it didnt cover the back of the house though)
3. handwriting analysis shows the spray paint was likely done by CC
4. Same analysis shows that CC mispells the word "opportunity" the same way all the time--so when it appears in the phony threat letter, they know it's him
5. Evidence found along his route to the gym
6. Evidence that suggests he took a longer route home from the gym (cell phone pinging off certain towers)
7. Obvious motive of Tara/new life
8. Time of death issue
9. Short time for murder to occur--1 hr and 15 minutes tops...
-
feel free to add to this list
-
I am sure that the prosecution has some evidence that we dont even know about...

10. Grass in backyard outside unlocked window was wet with morning dew--yet no grass blades or mud found on floor/carpet inside window.

11. Coleman's "double life" is not only a motive but contains evidence he was crafting an alibi for the murders he planned.

Tara reportedly had sent out wedding Save-the-Dates. She had flown up and they had gone house-hunting together. A cruise for the Lovebirds that summer had been planned.

Yet, he was maintaining the image to others that his marriage was on the mend...attending a prayer call at the altar right before the murder.

Why the need to make his employer (The Church) feel that he was 'saving his marriage"...when the new Bride-to-be was hunting for the home he was about to buy her?

Because he knew the facade with Sheri was going to come to a permanent DEAD end ...he had a plan in the works to reconcile the two parts of his life....and still be the wonderful "good guy."

12 - receipts for the red spray paint found in his car.

And my memory may be failing me, but I'd think some of the financial info would make it into the trial - the refinancing of the home, credit card in Sheri's name in Chris's car ... I'm thinking there was another item in that same vein, but can't remember.

And my memory may be failing me, but I'd think some of the financial info would make it into the trial - the refinancing of the home, credit card in Sheri's name in Chris's car ... I'm thinking there was another item in that same vein, but can't remember.

There was also the Quit Claim deed (?), taking Sheri's name off of the house. As I recall the signature did not look like hers.

13) One of the boys was supposed to spend the night at the neighbors the night of the murders and at some point Chris said that it was not a good night for that.

Coleman has no choice but to go to trial-a Plea Deal would not give him anything but life. Even if convicted, he's not likely to die given the current climate around the death penalty--so why not try for a chance, however small it may be to get acquitted. He's an uncaring cold soul, so he doesnt care who he has to put through a trial-as long as he has a shot at freedom, that's all he cares about. Plus if he goes to trial and is convicted he can still maintain his innocence, a plea deal makes him actually admit guilt. This way he can save face and that is what it is all about for CC.
-
Looking at the known evidence, he has an uphill battle:
1. analysis which shows threat letters written from his own computer
2. Camera from cop across the street shows no activity around the coleman house (coleman will argue that it didnt cover the back of the house though)
3. handwriting analysis shows the spray paint was likely done by CC
4. Same analysis shows that CC mispells the word "opportunity" the same way all the time--so when it appears in the phony threat letter, they know it's him
5. Evidence found along his route to the gym
6. Evidence that suggests he took a longer route home from the gym (cell phone pinging off certain towers)
7. Obvious motive of Tara/new life
8. Time of death issue
9. Short time for murder to occur--1 hr and 15 minutes tops...
-
feel free to add to this list
-
I am sure that the prosecution has some evidence that we dont even know about...

This post and all the other members' additions to it are reminding me of all the evidence! Thanks for the refresher course all! :grouphug:

And the reason he's going to trial makes sense to me now as well. The DP is off the table, Illinois has abolished it in the meantime. :mad:

That and the threating letters from his own pooter did it for me. If this guy isn't guilty, then I'm the Queen of England. Why he's even bothering with a trial is beyond me!

MOO

Mel

This post and all the other members' additions to it are reminding me of all the evidence! Thanks for the refresher course all! :grouphug:

And the reason he's going to trial makes sense to me now as well. The DP is off the table, Illinois has abolished it in the meantime. :mad:

I agree - I'd forgotten some of the evidence. As for the dp in Ill, I think I read that it is still on the table for Coleman because his trial will begin before July 1. Did anyone else hear this? The ban on the dp was supposed to begin July 1.

ETA - Maybe this is what I remembered reading....
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/article_d953a854-63f4-11e0-8d8d-001a4bcf6878.html
"Jurors must meet tight standards for a capital case, as prosecutors are persisting in seeking a death penalty even though a state law effective July 1 will prohibit imposing death sentences thereafter."

Thinking...

From this article... and this one.

"I told you so" was written in the house. IF Chris wrote the threats and that is proven (it came from his computer with his login), then the "I told you so" is further proof of "who" told you so and "who did the murders". Kinda sounds like a confession in spray paint to me.

Disneyland trip cancelled... Police took tickets into evidence. Remember that? According to one of our archived webpages, someone (maybe TallOne) originally wrote: "Their trip to Disney in FL was supposed to be the week after the murders took place. They were murdered on May 5, so that would be the week of May 10 they were supposed to be on vacation. " I don't remember seeing any direct evidence about the date on the tickets, does anyone have that from an article?

Kinda like, you cancel tickets because you don't want to waste money paying for tickets for someone who isn't going to be able to go to Disneyland? Kinda sounds like premeditated by the "I" in the "I told you so."

Rubber glove found on Interstate 255... Anyone remember this? "Detectives have visited stores near the Coleman home that would sell spray paint, asking for paint samples and looking at surveillance pictures. They fingerprinted Christopher Coleman last week, after recovering a rubber glove on the side of Interstate 255 in Illinois." Did we ever hear if there was a fingerprint or paint match on that glove?

Forearm injuries -- remember that? "Emergency medical personnel were called to the scene and Chris Coleman was loaded into the ambulance with the chaplain for the Columbia police. ... The chaplain reported seeing an abrasion on Coleman's forearm and asked how it happened, and he told the chaplain he didn't know, Edwards said. He later told his father, Ronald Coleman, minister of Grace Church Ministries in Chester, that he got the injury punching a gurney after learning of his family's deaths."

Well Chris, just how/when did you get that forearm injury BEFORE you got into the ambulance? Was it when you were thrashing in the grass making a scene? Did you hit a sprinkler head and it looked like scratch marks or gouges? There is a little on that on the Nancy Grace transcript i.e. about some fresh injuries on Chris that morning. And this transcript - "UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Christopher Coleman had two scratches and some other injury on his right forearm. " I believe there is other documentation on these arm injuries... I also remember suspecting something goofy when I heard about him thrashing around on the grass or something oddly after hearing of the bodies.

Chris...did you think we would forget? We know the police didn't...

I remember seeing the Detectives on the side of the highway searching on my way home from work. I do recall the rubber gloves found on the side of the road and something about them matching rubber gloves found in the Coleman's downstairs basement. Also I believe that it was stated that they also found the DVR cover that was missing from the house and twine that matched twine that was on hay bales in the back of the Coleman house.

Another thing I remember from the inquest is that the officers noted that Coleman never asked how his family died...when he came back, he asked "what's going on?" to which officers replied "they didnt make it"...they found it odd that he never asked how they were killed...if the man were innocent certainly he'd want to know that...he doesnt ask of course because he does know how they died, since he did it!!!!

Yup Brian,

He didn't ask because he didn't need to be told any of the details, he had them all to give to them and he has not.

Great list above...thanks Brian and thanks everyone for adding to it.

Thanks everyone for not only refreshing my memory but giving a synopsis of the evidence we can expect at the trial. :)

So Gang...

What evidence is there that we have "not" heard about yet?

Do they have a person who saw Chris flipping things out of his car on the freeway?

Do they have his fingerprints or one of the children's or Sheri's hairs or DNA on the glove that they found? How about tire tracks near some of the evidence found, tracks that match CC's car?

In one case, they did not disturb one of the children's beds -- someone thought there was evidence on it. What evidence? Did Chris get scratched and bleed on that bed? Did they find his blood at the crime scene? His fingerprint on one of the bodies? Or was it just another one of Chris' misspellings that they found spray painted on the bed, we know there was word of something like that.

Can you imagine? Can you imagine a man who could not only do what Chris did, but then hang over the murdered body of his child and spray paint a vulgar hateful thing on the coverings of the bed that was formerly a safe haven for that child?

My guess is that LE found far FAR more than we already know about AND that the slam dunk that we already see is going to be profoundly multiplied. We will soon learn things that will probably sicken us far beyond what we are sickened.

I am already waiting to hear what the judge has to say at the time Chris is sentenced. My guess is that Judge Wharton will have a mouth full to say to CC.

Wrinkles, didn't we hear something about the glove that was found? I know the paint on the glove matched the paint at the house. But I thought I saw where they had evidence from inside the glove - don't remember if it was a palm print or fingerprint - or something else. I remember there was something - but can't remember my source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth