730 users online (64 members and 666 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    JMO, but I'm sure that many regular citizens can also think of prostitutes as "less than human" and therefore, not to worry, as this will be cleaned up and everything will go back to normal. JMO on why people can be in denial and not affected.:

'Crazy' killings scare some in beach towns

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04...rial.killings/

"Prostitutes are the most common victims of serial killers," says James Alan Fox, a criminology expert with Northeastern University. The killers view prostitutes as "easy targets" and "psychologically, they can con themselves into thinking that this isn't so bad, because the victims are, in their minds, less than human. It is called dehumanization," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I would bet my bottom dollar our SK does not dismember. Doesn't have the stomach for it. I think he's a man who wants to hold on to his safe, upper crust life, but can't fight the compulsion to murder for sexual gratification (can't help but think of JB's words here, "I've had a good life..."). Whoever our SK is, I absolutely can NOT see him keeping bodies, dismembering bodies, or dirtying his hands any more than he has to. He enjoys the actual killing, the moments between life and death, but once he has a dead body on his hands, I see him overwhelmed by guilt, shame, and fear (can't help but think of our meek Dr. here). He needs to dump these bodies almost immediately and distance himself from his deed...I'd bet my farm on that.

But if I'm right, why do we have bodies that show dismemberment? I don't believe these bodies are the work of our guy. I just don't.

JMO
    I think you're right -- I think there are two different killers. The other one is older, has been around for longer, at least back to the 1990s when some of the other dismembered bodies were found farther inland in Long Island.

I have to wonder if he's also responsible for other northeastern dismemberment murders, like the Boston nanny, Lady of the Dunes, and even Beth Doe in PA.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Lera; That area only has about 40,000 residents. Small in comparison to the city. I completely understand what you are saying above and agree. ^^^

I was curious b/c anyone that lives or has lived in that area would be aware of these facts. Well, even a passer through could probably figure it out given a day or two of walking around. So, crime and dump sites here would click within a short time span for an observant or local person.
    Oak Beach has 300, yes three hundred, year round residents

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Lera; That area only has about 40,000 residents. Small in comparison to the city. I completely understand what you are saying above and agree. ^^^

I was curious b/c anyone that lives or has lived in that area would be aware of these facts. Well, even a passer through could probably figure it out given a day or two of walking around. So, crime and dump sites here would click within a short time span for an observant or local person.
    Exactly and the perp surely knew the slow response time would be in is favor. I agree that the SK either lives in the area now or has previously. Most SK first kill are someone they know well, like a neighbor, co-worker, so if they can get the identify all the bodies, find out which one is the first, and can tie it to this SK, then they can start looking at the victims life. I'm sure this SK chose his first because he has history with her.

Heck it could be a garbage, mailman too. I'm baffled and intrigued with this case for sure.

I have to go to PT so will miss the presser...could someone please provide a link or synopsis of presser please.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by NJGuy View Post
    Waltzing, I apologize but I didn't copy your post before the new thread was posted. Anyway I agree with you and HeinekenMan about the last moments of SG's life, and the phone calls. Did SG ask JB to meet in a public place before the party to size him up for safety? Did JB ask to meet in public because perhaps you need a pass or something like that to get past the gate? And maybe he didn't want a strange car parked in front of his house for hours in the night? Or did someone else at the party drive her to the house afer picking her up? I think there is at least one more person who was there that has not been named yet, possibly more. And did JB give SG's real driver directions to the house when he called him to pick her up? I know alot of girls once they speak with the john on the phone initially, they will then have communication go through the driver or someone else. Typically, what they refer to as a "two-call or three-call system." And was the person who Coletti saw really SG's driver, or someone else from the party that was looking for her? I think there a million questions that haven't been answered, and I can only hope LE has these answers and are building their case first.
    No need for apologies regarding not quoting my post, NJGuy!

Here is something that I cannot get past. IF, Shannan did not appear as she did in her CL photo, (per Jb) and if JB was the John who picked her up at the designated spot....why did JB not turn her away at the time he went to pick her up to take her to his house? He certainly would have a visual or first impression of whether she had 'the look' he was expecting. This is why I question if JB, the john, actually was the person who picked her up from the designated meeting place.

He allegedly ask her to leave his home because seh was not what he expected, yet she was there from 2 am to approx 5 am
    before she took of thru the neighborhood? Was she just sitting there for 3 hours not doing her job? I am not buying it!!

I look forward to the presser in 16 minutes. do any locals have a lead to a live stream? thank you.

MOO

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I know it's a repeat for some, but, FWIW, here is an older article from December 2010, with SG's boyfriend and her driver. There is so much confusion on this issue, I thought this might help:
    It's accounts like that that make me think Shannan was drugged at this "party". No one pulled a knife on her, or tried to strangle her at the house, or she wouldn't have been there sitting on the couch. She would have bolted from that house right then and there, or tried to fight her attacker(s) off. She seems unsure of who is trying to kill her, or how they are trying to kill her to me. And she seems unable to tell who is "in on it" and who isn't. That makes me think she was drugged. She knows something isn't right, but doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to figure out exactly what's going on, kwim?
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by fashionella View Post
    On these forums, there is always a lot of complaining about budget and cutbacks...take it with a grain of salt..fact remains it's an out of the way location with little police coverage. Another thread blames the dispatcher.
    The neighbor that called 911 obviously gave an exact location so we know there was the "23 mins" she supposedly had with 911 at the 'john's' house & then the time it took for her to leave & start banging on doors..Would that be about 5 mins or so? Could be even less.

If they showed up in "45 mins" then it took them around '22 mins' to get there once they knew where she was..So, how far from "Jones Beach" to the Oak Beach Community? Shannon did say "Jones Beach" right?

But what's even more important to me is if the 'john' overheard her call (IIRC he did) he would know she gave the 'wrong' location but did nothing about it..What does that tell us?

I haven't been able to keep up with this case at Websleuths; you all are doing a great job of sleuthing the details around possible suspects, etc. So I don't want to veer the conversation off in the wrong direction, but did anyone else see this article in the NY Daily News ? http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...rder_case.html

Check out the first comment (time 9:54 a.m.) by someone named "Shanan" (spelled with one "n") --that's why I wanted to post this. I thought it was a little eerie--but I wonder if what the person says really is true or if someone is trying to present herself (or himself) as Shannan, the missing woman in this search? She talks about having information that could help this case.

Seems like it must be a pretender because Shannan would know how to spell her own name. But then again.....

Again, apologies, I don't mean to be throwing a curveball into your discussion here.

Columbo

There are only 2 reasons a killer dismembers, imo. Either to make a body unidentifiable, or because he views the body as a plaything for his sick fantasies. Our SK seems to have picked victims with no obvious connection to him, so I see no reason for him to step out of his safe zone and dismember to conceal identities. Don't think he views the bodies post-mortem as playthings either. While the victims are alive, certainly, but not after they are dead. After his victims are dead, they are no longer useful to him, in fact, they threaten his safe world...so they are simply discarded like the useless object he views them as.

JMO
    there may be some "Practical" reasons he dismembered victims. One that comes to mind is if he for some reason couldn't dispose of them right away - and he needed to store them in a freezer or something, it could have required cutting them up to get them to fit.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

picture and sound are both up

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/livenow?id=8070630

There are only 2 reasons a killer dismembers, imo. Either to make a body unidentifiable, or because he views the body as a plaything for his sick fantasies. Our SK seems to have picked victims with no obvious connection to him, so I see no reason for him to step out of his safe zone and dismember to conceal identities. Don't think he views the bodies post-mortem as playthings either. While the victims are alive, certainly, but not after they are dead. After his victims are dead, they are no longer useful to him, in fact, they threaten his safe world...so they are simply discarded like the useless object he views them as.

JMO
    There is more than the couple of reasons you listed a killer, serial or not, would dismember a victim. It could be something as simple as the body is easier to transport cut up and put into a container/bag.

Here is Joel Rifkin explaining why he dismembered one of his victims. The first two minutes and you'll have to double click the video because the embedding is disabled.

WARNING! Graphic Description

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2kjkBXCxdA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

If you scroll down and listen to the audio of Mona Rivera/JB...his statement is so odd "I have no friends just the truth" WTF?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/12/...-as-delirious/

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

thank you!

wow... the cluster of mikes by the podium is like... wow...

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast