968 users online (162 members and 806 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Co - Denver- woman raped in airport terminal

This is sooo sick
    How could you NOT do anything!!!!

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-woman-...,7311990.story

The few airport employees inside the terminal -likely janitorial staff- who saw what was happening chose not to intervene, she told us.

"I was appalled that I was going through something so brutal, and they kept walking. There’s no security there to yell out to," she told us, breaking down in tears. "This was going on for almost ten minutes, and nobody was doing anything."
    Last edited by Salem; 04-15-2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Read the comments after the article.

SICKENING! How horrible. I hope the people that did nothing never get another good nights sleep.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I'm speechless. I don't trust airports, and haven't since the days of 9/11. We used to fly all the time, but no more. I will pray for her and wish swift justice on her attacker. There's no excuse in this day and age - no excuse.

Maybe JVM is right - there is a war on women

MOO

Mel

This is unbelievable and sickening!
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    SICKENING! How horrible. I hope the people that did nothing never get another good nights sleep.
    I am going to guess the people who did nothing (assuming they saw it) assumed there was a consensual sex encounter going on. Obviously they still should have reported it, since it was in a public place. But it does not sound like the woman was able to scream for help, since her statement "there was no security there to yell out to" so the people who saw it might have not been aware this was an alleged rape.

I"m sorry she was being held down and having her head bashed into the floor.. that doesn't appear consensual...

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    I"m sorry she was being held down and having her head bashed into the floor.. that doesn't appear consensual...
    But if you are walking by are you going to realize that? Some people would probably avert their eyes if they see something like that and assume it was a consensual encounter. I am not defending the staff, if any were there, they should have reported it regardless even if they assumed it was consensual, since it was in a public place. But they might have not realized this was an alleged rape.
    Last edited by jjenny; 04-13-2011 at 06:36 PM.

its illegal to have sex in public places. why not do the right thing and report that? there is no excuse for no one doing a thing.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

this is so disgusting that a lot of the human race has come down to this.
    not one of those witnesses or employees had the guts to help her. it's disgraceful i would fire them all for lacking morals.

that poor woman, i hope she gets a gun license and concealed carry.

I read this earlier today and was just sickened. That the few people who were about just walked on by without acting?!?! Bless the guys on the tarmac who came inside to finally intervene.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    this is so disgusting that a lot of the human race has come down to this.
    not one of those witnesses or employees had the guts to help her. it's disgraceful i would fire them all for lacking morals.

that poor woman, i hope she gets a gun license and concealed carry.
    Considering she was at the airport how could a gun license and concealed carry possibly have helped her? Guns aren't allowed through security.

Okay, I've deleted my post three times already, that should about say it.

It's too bad she thought "there was no security to yell out to" --if she had screamed for help I think someone would have heard her and done something. I can understand why she didn't scream under such traumatic circumstances, but I just wish she had!!!!

The article says she was on her way to an interview for a job at a convent...was she going to be a nun, I wonder?

Well apparently employees who walked by did call the authorities.

Police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Denver International Airport employees called security to report Tuesday's incident in a near-empty concourse. Airport security then contacted police, who with airport officers were at the scene within three minutes, Jackson said. He would not say how many workers responded and declined to release additional details, saying the case was under investigation.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/articl...#ixzz1JXt6Bxr0

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast