835 users online (128 members and 707 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: If you were on the jury today, how would you vote?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - Death Penalty

200 51.02%
  • Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - LWP

165 42.09%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - 10-25 years

11 2.81%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - Off with time served

2 0.51%
  • Not Guilty

4 1.02%
  • Other (please explain)

10 2.55%

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Poll - If you were on the Jury today

If you were a juror today, with all the evidence we have seen, what verdict and penalty would you apply? Please elaborate, if you would like
    The above is my opinion only based on published accounts of the case.

I voted LWP. The reason for this is based on the evidence thus far, I'm still not convinced the death may have resulted from an unreported accident, and ICA went so far to cover it up, that we'll never know. The state would have to prove premeditation to me (and I don't know if the duct tape was to suggest a kidnapping or not, and put on as an after-thought).

I guess because I don't know how Caylee Marie died, I couldn't vote for death. Thank goodness I'm not gonna be on the jury.

MOO

Mel

I don't believe in the death penalty but if anyone deserves it, it is Casey Anthony. I think she coldly plotted out Caylee's death in advance. No rage. No accident. She wanted Caylee dead so Cindy could never get her.

I voted guilty of 1st degree and for the death penalty. KC is my exception to my stance against the DP. I think killing your own baby for selfish reasons is so heinous that KC deserves the worst.

I'm not a proponent of the death penalty except in the most rare of cases. Serial killers, terrorists and people who are a proven threat to society were anybody stupid enough to release them, included in this would be child rapists and the like.

I think she should be locked away for life or at least the rest of her child bearing years as she doesn't deserve to ever bear another child.
    I have no doubt that Casey Anthony killed Caylee I don't believe it was an accident, she put her in harms way hoping she would die and free her from constraint.

I voted LWP, not that ICA does not deserve the DP but she will spend the next 15-20 years on Death Row anyway but will get all of the appeals and attempts to commute the sentence, etc. She will feel 'special' in her notoriety. She is not. ICA is just another child killer. There are too many of those so why give her added grounds for appeal?

I don't want the tax payer cost or risk. LWP is a done deal, a closed book. ICA can be forever forgotten, throw away the key with no reminders and ... Caylee can be forever remembered.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

I voted DP.

Crimes against children are unconscionable and cowardly to me. Pick on someone who can at least defend themselves.

Premeditation can mean planned months in advance, or minutes in advance.

From everything I have seen and read up until today - This was an intentional act by Casey.

Last edited by Softail; 04-13-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

If today was the day to deliberate with the evidence that I've seen, as of today, I would choose the DP.

HOWEVER, to me this is premature because I haven't seen the defense evidence and that's not fair to the accused, no matter who it is.

Hmm - I'm still unsure just what defense is going to come with as a defense, and I would like to see all the evidence linked up and presented before making a decision at this stage. I have no doubt however that she is guilty. but want to look at the "faint hope" clause to be sure of death.

I voted LWOP firstly because I am a Canadian and not sure I could actually place pen in hand and vote death, but also because I don't want this case to spend the next 20 years in appeals court.

I want it done, over with, door locked and that is that. Justice has sat on the shelf far too long already!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    If today was the day to deliberate with the evidence that I've seen, as of today, I would choose the DP.

HOWEVER, to me this is premature because I haven't seen the defense evidence and that's not fair to the accused, no matter who it is.
    Agreed ... and I might be the lone soul here who still is fence sitting.

The A clan is definitely involved in the after of KNOWING and in the COVERUP of Caylee's murder, but WHO actually was directly involved and responsible for Caylee's murder has me sitting on the fence.

There is no doubt that ICA has involvement and participation. Almost three years later, I still am not convinced it was all ICA.

After reading this news that came out today, I'd vote DP. It was premeditated not because of the two different dates of searches for chloroform but add the one for "neck breaking" plus the negligence and the jealousy over Caylee, the lack of remorse, the 31 days and that convinces me.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...-was-uncovered

I cannot imagine ANY reason for all those aspects of this case to have taken place unless this was deliberate.
    Last edited by Baznme; 04-13-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    My posts are my opinion only.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

That's another thing...have we seen everything of the defense's in discovery?

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I voted LWP. The reason for this is based on the evidence thus far, I'm still not convinced the death may have resulted from an unreported accident, and ICA went so far to cover it up, that we'll never know. The state would have to prove premeditation to me (and I don't know if the duct tape was to suggest a kidnapping or not, and put on as an after-thought).

I guess because I don't know how Caylee Marie died, I couldn't vote for death. Thank goodness I'm not gonna be on the jury.

MOO

Mel
    ITA. Unless the state was able to lay out more details about premediation, other than the Chlorform searches I would agree with you. That is the one piece that has been lacking for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    That's another thing...have we seen everything of the defense's in discovery?
    RR00004 - did you make a choice in the poll? If so, please comment as though you were on the jury "today" on that.
    My posts are my opinion only.....

Also just wanted to add that chlorform is a sedative. It is not something that people die from typically. So in KC's eyes...she may have been trying to "knock her out" and not kill her. I was more concerned with the searches for missing kids and neck breaking.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by gamom View Post
    Also just wanted to add that chlorform is a sedative. It is not something that people die from typically. So in KC's eyes...she may have been trying to "knock her out" and not kill her. I was more concerned with the searches for missing kids and neck breaking.
    True, but IMO Duct Tape=Premeditation. Then you have the computer searches for Chloroform, Neck Breaking, and Missing Kids. I think Casey did Chloroform her before she applied the Duct Tape. This was NO accident, Casey wanted her dead. "The End Justifies The Means".
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast