Poll - If you were on the Jury today

If you were on the jury today, how would you vote?

• Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - Death Penalty

Votes: 200 51.0%
  • Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - LWP

Votes: 165 42.1%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - 10-25 years

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - Off with time served

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfmarsGirl

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you were a juror today, with all the evidence we have seen, what verdict and penalty would you apply? Please elaborate, if you would like :)

I voted LWP. The reason for this is based on the evidence thus far, I'm still not convinced the death may have resulted from an unreported accident, and ICA went so far to cover it up, that we'll never know. The state would have to prove premeditation to me (and I don't know if the duct tape was to suggest a kidnapping or not, and put on as an after-thought).

I guess because I don't know how Caylee Marie died, I couldn't vote for death. Thank goodness I'm not gonna be on the jury.

MOO

Mel

I don't believe in the death penalty but if anyone deserves it, it is Casey Anthony. I think she coldly plotted out Caylee's death in advance. No rage. No accident. She wanted Caylee dead so Cindy could never get her.

I voted guilty of 1st degree and for the death penalty. KC is my exception to my stance against the DP. I think killing your own baby for selfish reasons is so heinous that KC deserves the worst.

I'm not a proponent of the death penalty except in the most rare of cases. Serial killers, terrorists and people who are a proven threat to society were anybody stupid enough to release them, included in this would be child rapists and the like.

I think she should be locked away for life or at least the rest of her child bearing years as she doesn't deserve to ever bear another child.
I have no doubt that Casey Anthony killed Caylee I don't believe it was an accident, she put her in harms way hoping she would die and free her from constraint.

I voted LWP, not that ICA does not deserve the DP but she will spend the next 15-20 years on Death Row anyway but will get all of the appeals and attempts to commute the sentence, etc. She will feel 'special' in her notoriety. She is not. ICA is just another child killer. There are too many of those so why give her added grounds for appeal?

I don't want the tax payer cost or risk. LWP is a done deal, a closed book. ICA can be forever forgotten, throw away the key with no reminders and ... Caylee can be forever remembered.

I voted DP.

Crimes against children are unconscionable and cowardly to me. Pick on someone who can at least defend themselves. :sheesh: :banghead:

Premeditation can mean planned months in advance, or minutes in advance.

From everything I have seen and read up until today - This was an intentional act by Casey.

:cow:

If today was the day to deliberate with the evidence that I've seen, as of today, I would choose the DP.

HOWEVER, to me this is premature because I haven't seen the defense evidence and that's not fair to the accused, no matter who it is.

Hmm - I'm still unsure just what defense is going to come with as a defense, and I would like to see all the evidence linked up and presented before making a decision at this stage. I have no doubt however that she is guilty. but want to look at the "faint hope" clause to be sure of death.

I voted LWOP firstly because I am a Canadian and not sure I could actually place pen in hand and vote death, but also because I don't want this case to spend the next 20 years in appeals court.

I want it done, over with, door locked and that is that. Justice has sat on the shelf far too long already!

If today was the day to deliberate with the evidence that I've seen, as of today, I would choose the DP.

HOWEVER, to me this is premature because I haven't seen the defense evidence and that's not fair to the accused, no matter who it is.

Agreed ... and I might be the lone soul here who still is fence sitting. :truce:

The A clan is definitely involved in the after of KNOWING and in the COVERUP of Caylee's murder, but WHO actually was directly involved and responsible for Caylee's murder has me sitting on the fence.

There is no doubt that ICA has involvement and participation. Almost three years later, I still am not convinced it was all ICA.

After reading this news that came out today, I'd vote DP. It was premeditated not because of the two different dates of searches for chloroform but add the one for "neck breaking" plus the negligence and the jealousy over Caylee, the lack of remorse, the 31 days and that convinces me.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...arch-for-how-to-make-chloroform-was-uncovered

I cannot imagine ANY reason for all those aspects of this case to have taken place unless this was deliberate.

That's another thing...have we seen everything of the defense's in discovery?

I voted LWP. The reason for this is based on the evidence thus far, I'm still not convinced the death may have resulted from an unreported accident, and ICA went so far to cover it up, that we'll never know. The state would have to prove premeditation to me (and I don't know if the duct tape was to suggest a kidnapping or not, and put on as an after-thought).

I guess because I don't know how Caylee Marie died, I couldn't vote for death. Thank goodness I'm not gonna be on the jury.

MOO

Mel

ITA. Unless the state was able to lay out more details about premediation, other than the Chlorform searches I would agree with you. That is the one piece that has been lacking for me right now.

That's another thing...have we seen everything of the defense's in discovery?

RR00004 - did you make a choice in the poll? If so, please comment as though you were on the jury "today" on that.

Also just wanted to add that chlorform is a sedative. It is not something that people die from typically. So in KC's eyes...she may have been trying to "knock her out" and not kill her. I was more concerned with the searches for missing kids and neck breaking.

Also just wanted to add that chlorform is a sedative. It is not something that people die from typically. So in KC's eyes...she may have been trying to "knock her out" and not kill her. I was more concerned with the searches for missing kids and neck breaking.
True, but IMO Duct Tape=Premeditation.:twocents: Then you have the computer searches for Chloroform, Neck Breaking, and Missing Kids. I think Casey did Chloroform her before she applied the Duct Tape. This was NO accident, Casey wanted her dead. "The End Justifies The Means".

It would be very hard to say because we really are not priviledged to everything but I do think KC was responsible for her child's death. If what we have seen so far is all defense has KC is in a lot of trouble. jmo

According to the experts on chloroform, it is very easy to OD on chloroform. Very dangerous stuff. If she cared about that, she would have known that.

I voted DP because I also think it was planned. JMO based on many various reasons, including that I firmly believe that KC was just too darn happy in the days following when "that problem" was removed and her new life could begin. Ugly coping? How about ugly soul?

Before going there though, she should have kept in mind that in God's judgement there's a "Every Day is a Brand New Beginning" in Hell also.....

I believe that the punishment should fit the crime.

I said life without parole, because it will be just that. When I think of the death penalty, I think of Charles Manson and California overturning the DP, giving Manson the opportunity to come up for parole time and again. So give her LWOP from the get-go, and she's not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆