855 users online (130 members and 725 guests)  

Websleuths News

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

VA - Le Hoang, 39, shot to death at Alexandria barber shop, 13 April 2011

DS and I headed out awhile ago to go to the grocery store. Police everywhere - yellow tape being put up. I pulled into the shopping center and policeman waved me away. I asked what was going on and he said there was a 'situation'. I asked if it was safe to go into the grocery store (Safeway) and he said 'no'. DS and I booked it out of there and went to the Giant on another road. We left Giant to get DD from preschool - but the roads that way (opposite direction from where we came) were blocked off by police. I called the preschool and they had heard/seen helicopters flying overhead but they hadn't heard why so they locked the doors. When we arrived at the preschool (we had to take the looonggg way b/c all the other roads were blocked off), parents were standing in the street and said that a 2nd shooting had occurred on the street parallel to the preschool. I'm still looking for that story but here's the link to the first one...

Shooter still at large and the shooting at the barber's was 1/4 mile from our home...

Two shot at Alexandria barbershop

http://www.tbd.com/articles/2011/04/...hop-58566.html
    Last edited by belimom; 04-13-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    More...

Man fatally shot at Fairfax County barbershop
    By Matt Zapotosky and Christy Goodman

One man was killed and another injured when a gunman opened fire Wednesday afternoon at a barbershop in Fairfax County, police said.

The incident occurred at around 2 p.m. at a shopping center in the 1600 block of Belle View Boulevard in the Alexandria section of the county.

....(snip)...

Officers were searching for the shooter, who is described as an Asian man, about 120 pounds wearing dark clothing. Police said he is about 5 foot 5.

...(snip)...

The man, apparently a barber at the shop, had blood on his chest and was not moving, Missal said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...enXD_blog.html

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

The first link has been updated:

The eyewitness said the shooter is former employee of the barber shop.

http://www.tbd.com/articles/2011/04/...hop-58566.html
    He is still at large but a witness knew who he was. I think maybe that's why the other street was closed off (it was at least a mile away) - must be where he lives? Just guessing here since I haven't seen anything a 2nd shooting.

They have the suspect in custody, thank God... Way too close for comfort for our family.

Prayers and thoughts to the families of the victim(s)...

Man Accused of Barber Shop Shooting Turns Himself In To Police

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loca...#ixzz1JW0CVXcH