1115 users online (236 members and 879 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,066

    UK-Boy, two, is first person in the world to be born with an extra strand of DNA

    I just want to hug him!!!!!


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...trand-DNA.html

    They revealed his seventh chromosome has an extra strand of material which has never been documented anywhere in the world before.

    Doctors are baffled at his condition, which is so rare it does not have a name.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The wild Rogue
    Posts
    691
    What an amazing story!!!!! I wish the best for him and his family It's kinda cool to be one of a kind.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,218
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy23 View Post
    What an amazing story!!!!! I wish the best for him and his family It's kinda cool to be one of a kind.....
    He is blind and has severe disabilities.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655
    Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    I just want to hug him!!!!!


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...trand-DNA.html

    They revealed his seventh chromosome has an extra strand of material which has never been documented anywhere in the world before.

    Doctors are baffled at his condition, which is so rare it does not have a name.
    Seriously! Poor little darling. God bless him and his family. They have an awfully tough row to hoe.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,862
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    He is blind and has severe disabilities.
    He can see now
    People with severe disabilities are wonderfully unique, loved and able to love

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    where no man has boldy gone
    Posts
    3,642
    I saw a documentary about something that was similar to this. A mother was going to possibly spend time in jail for welfare fraud. The baby she had did not match her D.N.A. They accused her of being a surrogate. She called the hospital and her obstetrician. They said they could only prove she had the baby but not how the child was conceived. Finally a story from overseas came along with some answers, please read the story below to find the puzzling conclusion to this story. We are learning more and more about D.N.A. and sometimes this may not be the exact science we think it is. This was as far back as 2006.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2315693&page=1
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

    Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,983
    The title of boy being FIRST in the world. . .is really misleading since everyone in the world has not been tested.

    From what I've read, there are a few DNA glitches and most likely more we have yet to discovered.

    legalmania - the woman who was thought not to be the mother of her own child, and there have been other cases, is called a chimera. It is thought/believed, I wonder if proven, there was a twin once upon a time who disappeared, and the DNA from both beings, the quick and the dead, are present in different parts of the body, depending on where they test.

    Guess we ain't as smart as we thought we were, but we are very good at jumping to erronious conclusions and punishing others for our lack of knowledge.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    where no man has boldy gone
    Posts
    3,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    The title of boy being FIRST in the world. . .is really misleading since everyone in the world has not been tested.

    From what I've read, there are a few DNA glitches and most likely more we have yet to discovered.

    legalmania - the woman who was thought not to be the mother of her own child, and there have been other cases, is called a chimera. It is thought/believed, I wonder if proven, there was a twin once upon a time who disappeared, and the DNA from both beings, the quick and the dead, are present in different parts of the body, depending on where they test.

    Guess we ain't as smart as we thought we were, but we are very good at jumping to erronious conclusions and punishing others for our lack of knowledge.
    I think it turned out that the babies D.N.A. matched the D.N.A. in the mothers thyroid but not her hair. It's just crazy. The stuff they put this mother through was unbelievable.

    The DNA that would match her sons' DNA could have been anywhere in Keegan's body. But her thyroid was where she matched her sons' genetic code.
    The mystery was solved. In a way, Keegan was her own twin.
    Last edited by legalmania; 04-15-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

    Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    He is blind and has severe disabilities.
    so is my son. My son is blind ( completely both eyes) has cerebral palsy, Autism and Tourette's syndrome but he is one of the happiest kids I know. He loves with out judgement and laughs without reason and goes to bed every night with a smile on his face wakes up every morning with a smile of his face. He is simply Amazing as I know this lil one is also . Having severe disablities does not mean you can not or will not have a happy long life it just means your life is unique from others and thats OK. Wouldn't it be great if we could all love without judgement? Laugh without reason? So much we can learn from those that have disablities . JMO
    Last edited by 6angels; 04-15-2011 at 07:56 PM.
    No one said breaking the cycle of abuse would be easy..... But Rewarding it is! Video of My blessings! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_H4Tk5gJs

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    where no man has boldy gone
    Posts
    3,642
    Quote Originally Posted by 6angels View Post
    so is my son. My son is blind ( completely both eyes) has cerebral palsy, Autism and Tourette's syndrome but he is one of the happiest kids I know. He loves with out judgement and laughs without reason and goes to bed every night with a smile on his face wakes up every morning with a smile of his face. He is simply Amazing as I know this lil one is also . Having severe disablities does not mean you can not or will not have a happy long life it just means your life is unique from others and thats OK. Wouldn't it be great if we could all love without judgement? Laugh without reason? So much we can learn from those that have disablities . JMO

    Unconditional love is what a parent is suppose to be all about. He seems to see the simplicity behind life. You don't have to have eyes to see, you don't have to have reason to be happy. In my eyes he is a teacher, your life is as complicated or as simple as you make it.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

    Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    Alfie can see now, it just took longer to develop or focus in on what he was looking at according to his mother. He may be the first to have this extra strand since they usually test dna when severe disorders or syndromes show up, so they'll better know what they're dealing with and how to treat.



Similar Threads

  1. Pulitzer-winning poet laureate Mark Strand dead at 80
    By wfgodot in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 05:35 PM
  2. Strand of Christmas Lights
    By Angie in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 12:40 AM