UK-Boy, two, is first person in the world to be born with an extra strand of DNA

What an amazing story!!!!! I wish the best for him and his family :) It's kinda cool to be one of a kind..... :crazy:

I saw a documentary about something that was similar to this. A mother was going to possibly spend time in jail for welfare fraud. The baby she had did not match her D.N.A. They accused her of being a surrogate. She called the hospital and her obstetrician. They said they could only prove she had the baby but not how the child was conceived. Finally a story from overseas came along with some answers, please read the story below to find the puzzling conclusion to this story. We are learning more and more about D.N.A. and sometimes this may not be the exact science we think it is. This was as far back as 2006.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2315693&page=1

The title of boy being FIRST in the world. . .is really misleading since everyone in the world has not been tested.

From what I've read, there are a few DNA glitches and most likely more we have yet to discovered.

legalmania - the woman who was thought not to be the mother of her own child, and there have been other cases, is called a chimera. It is thought/believed, I wonder if proven, there was a twin once upon a time who disappeared, and the DNA from both beings, the quick and the dead, are present in different parts of the body, depending on where they test.

Guess we ain't as smart as we thought we were, but we are very good at jumping to erronious conclusions and punishing others for our lack of knowledge.

The title of boy being FIRST in the world. . .is really misleading since everyone in the world has not been tested.

From what I've read, there are a few DNA glitches and most likely more we have yet to discovered.

legalmania - the woman who was thought not to be the mother of her own child, and there have been other cases, is called a chimera. It is thought/believed, I wonder if proven, there was a twin once upon a time who disappeared, and the DNA from both beings, the quick and the dead, are present in different parts of the body, depending on where they test.

Guess we ain't as smart as we thought we were, but we are very good at jumping to erronious conclusions and punishing others for our lack of knowledge.

I think it turned out that the babies D.N.A. matched the D.N.A. in the mothers thyroid but not her hair. It's just crazy. The stuff they put this mother through was unbelievable.

The DNA that would match her sons' DNA could have been anywhere in Keegan's body. But her thyroid was where she matched her sons' genetic code.
The mystery was solved. In a way, Keegan was her own twin.

He is blind and has severe disabilities.
so is my son. My son is blind ( completely both eyes) has cerebral palsy, Autism and Tourette's syndrome but he is one of the happiest kids I know. He loves with out judgement and laughs without reason and goes to bed every night with a smile on his face wakes up every morning with a smile of his face. He is simply Amazing as I know this lil one is also . Having severe disablities does not mean you can not or will not have a happy long life it just means your life is unique from others and thats OK. Wouldn't it be great if we could all love without judgement? Laugh without reason? So much we can learn from those that have disablities . JMO

so is my son. My son is blind ( completely both eyes) has cerebral palsy, Autism and Tourette's syndrome but he is one of the happiest kids I know. He loves with out judgement and laughs without reason and goes to bed every night with a smile on his face wakes up every morning with a smile of his face. He is simply Amazing as I know this lil one is also . Having severe disablities does not mean you can not or will not have a happy long life it just means your life is unique from others and thats OK. Wouldn't it be great if we could all love without judgement? Laugh without reason? So much we can learn from those that have disablities . JMO

Unconditional love is what a parent is suppose to be all about. He seems to see the simplicity behind life. You don't have to have eyes to see, you don't have to have reason to be happy. In my eyes he is a teacher, your life is as complicated or as simple as you make it.

Alfie can see now, it just took longer to develop or focus in on what he was looking at according to his mother. He may be the first to have this extra strand since they usually test dna when severe disorders or syndromes show up, so they'll better know what they're dealing with and how to treat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back