GUILTY TX - Gatlin, 2, & Luke Armandariz, 8 mos, strangled, Young County, 13 April 2011

MorenoI

Reaction score
Douglass Ames, the mother's employer at the Chuck Wagon, says Lauren Smith rushed into work Wednesday frantic and hysterical after receiving a text from Armandariz of a photo showing their two-year-old son Gatlin dead.

OMG, what a sick , I can't even imagine what this mother felt when she saw that picture of her baby. This is heartbreaking!!

http://www.kcbd.com/story/14448663/two-children-found-dead-father-in-custody

RIP Gatlin & Luke

How sickening :(

Those were 2 of the cutest boys i've ever seen :(

I just saw this. How horrible!!!!! :(
My heart is bleeding for this mother. What a horrible thing to have to see! This man is beyong evil.

BTW:
Texas has the death penalty. :great:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42603538/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

110415-texas-murder-hsmall-3a.grid-6x2.jpg

Gabriel Armandariz was jailed on $1.5 million bond on a capital murder charge in Young County, Texas, where the two small bodies were found early Thursday after an all-night search triggered by a family member concerned for their welfare, police say.

My God. That's the most appallingly heartless thing I've ever heard of one person doing to another.:tears:

My prayers go out to that family and community. Graham is one of the Texas towns being hit by horrible fires tonight. So much tragedy. Bless those sweet little boys. We recently lost two little children in our town in the exact same way and the pain just never stops. Children are precious gifts. They do not belong to one parent or the other. They are not chattel to be fought over. Why do they have to suffer when one parent loses control? May the little ones fly high.

In his mug shot he looks like he is taking a new drivers license photo. He is lacking any emotion.

I know I could never be a cop because if I had found those 2 dead babies and then gone on to arrest the monster---I don't think he would look so healthy and carefree in that mugshot.

I believe if a person is not truly psychotic, they have to block all emotion as it sinks in what they've done out of rage or hatefulness. He looks to me like he's not blank but is choosing to stay numb. I think he's in shock. If they're psychotic, they often look happy or crazed in the first mug shot.

I have a suspicion that no amount of penalty or sentence is going to be near the hell that this man will live with the rest of his life. I agree with Peeples, those were some adorable little boys. The man and the children look to have been healthy.

:eek: I do believe there is a special place in hell for people who harm children.

This is just beyond disturbing. :maddening:

'We love u goodbye': Father 'killed two sons then sent photo of dead baby to their mother'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-sons-sent-photos-mother.html#ixzz1KwcKQSUP

According to friends of the mother, Gabriel Armandariz, 28, of Graham, Texas, sent pictures of himself on a bed with two-year-old Gatlin and eight-month-old Luke with the message ‘We love u goodbye’.
He then texted a final message to his ex-girlfriend with a photo that is claimed to show their younger son dead with a piece of frayed fabric wrapped around his neck like a noose.

So the mother left the guy 2 months ago because he was abusive; and left the babies in his custody, because as we all know violent crazy males are perfectly safe around small defenseless children. He sends photos of the dead kids with messages via cell phone...and then proceeds to hide the bodies under the house in order to avoid prosecution.

This one has "insanity defense" written all over it and justifiably so! If he was abusing her and she had to flee why didn't she take her babies? Or get hurt/shot while attempting to retrieve her babies? And then he calls and makes weird death threats, followed by sending pictures of the dead kids and she runs to work to tell her coworkers.

Yes. Perfectly reasonable.

I dont understand this. At all. I agree, this one has mental defect all over it.

Unbelieveable...his picture looks evil.

I won't even look at the link. I don't know how many more of these stories I can bear to read.

I'm an amateur "sleuther", but I could never be a real one. It would make me crazy.

So the mother left the guy 2 months ago because he was abusive; and left the babies in his custody, because as we all know violent crazy males are perfectly safe around small defenseless children. He sends photos of the dead kids with messages via cell phone...and then proceeds to hide the bodies under the house in order to avoid prosecution.

This one has "insanity defense" written all over it and justifiably so! If he was abusing her and she had to flee why didn't she take her babies? Or get hurt/shot while attempting to retrieve her babies? And then he calls and makes weird death threats, followed by sending pictures of the dead kids and she runs to work to tell her coworkers.

This is from the link posted by Aimee.

"The father was never abusive to the children and never even portrayed that he could be," Vanmeter said.

Both boys had been living with Armandariz for the past two months. The family claims Armandariz refused to bring the boys back to Smith when she let Armandariz visit with them.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-gabriel-armandariz-accused-killing-sons-sending/story?id=13385026

Believe it not, most abused women are not aware of the increased risks for their children. Many of the fathers are very proud and loving to their children. Esp. if they aren't old enough to try to take up for their mother.

In all fairness to the mother we only know bits and pieces of what was happening quickly in her life. From what I have read, the "Goodbye" and the photos texts mainly happened that day. Perhaps she was on her way to work when she received them. She had a custody hearing for the following Monday. Police most likely wouldn't take the kids away from the father unless the mother presented them with a restraining order in the kids names, or unless they were presented with a custody agreement. Because until custody was assigned by the court, both parents had custody, and LE wouldn't remove the kids from one to give to the other.

I do wish she had known to go to the court for a restraining order for the kids after she began getting the menacing messages.

I'm not a lawyer and I could be wrong, but I believe taking actions to conceal a crime (such as hiding the bodies under the house) is usually considered strong evidence of legal sanity.

To be legally INsane, it's not enough to be crazy. You have to be unable to understand that society finds your actions to be criminal and that there will be consequences for your actions.

This isn't to say the defense attorney won't try, but given the concealment, I think an insanity defense will be a tough sell.

True Nova. But as a mother of little ones, I have to provide myself the comfort of believing there was a mental defect here and not simple monumental cruelty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back