1077 users online (218 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Casey iphone App

Prepare to be disgusted!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/casey...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Now itunes profits from Caylee's death.

Perhaps I am not seeing what is up here, so please forgive me, but what is the difference between that app and people going for case updates to websites selling adverts?

What I mean is, isn't it just case/trial updates and news?

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    I am not an iPhone user, but it seems to me that this app will simply allow folks (even some WSers no doubt) to follow the trial when they wouldn't otherwise be able to. What am I missing?
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Perhaps I am not seeing what is up here, so please forgive me, but what is the difference between that app and people going for case updates to websites selling adverts?

What I mean is, isn't it just case/trial updates and news?
    News station apps are usually free apps and I do have the wesh app, wftv app, and the Fox Orlando app on my iphone to keep up with the case. But today I noticed this app on wesh.com that was specific to Casey and it's not free...it's .99. I'm not sure exactly what one might get with the app that they wouldn't get with the regular news update, which of course is free.

I guess when I see anyone making money from this tragedy it just irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    News station apps are usually free apps and I do have the wesh app, wftv app, and the Fox Orlando app on my iphone to keep up with the case. But today I noticed this app on wesh.com that was specific to Casey and it's not free...it's .99. I'm not sure exactly what one might get with the app that they wouldn't get with the regular news update, which of course is free.

I guess when I see anyone making money from this tragedy it just irritates me.
    Oh, I totally understand that part. I'm just wondering how this is different from a website using the hits they get from covering the trial to add to advertising revenue?

Basically, not many sources are covering this completely for free.

It's just for trial updates/news... It's actually WESH that released the app through itunes and I don't think it's any different than watching the news or looking at the internet for the news.... It just makes it easier to access from your iPhone/iPad
    Casey, tell the truth. It's not about you anymore. - JG

Just a reminder, folks, any discussion encouraging others to write in or call, etc, must be expressly approved by the owner of WS before brought to the boards.

$0.99
    Category: News
    Released: Apr 11, 2011
    Version: 1.0
    1.0 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
    Size: 4.8 MB
    Language: English
    Seller: Hearst Television Hearst TelevisionRated 4+

Hearst Television is the owner of the app. Hearst television owns WESH tv.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy4brats View Post
    It's just for trial updates/news... It's actually WESH that released the app through itunes and I don't think it's any different than watching the news or looking at the internet for the news.... It just makes it easier to access from your iPhone/iPad
    Well, if that's the case, I can see why. WESH is a CBS affiliate. I'm thinking they are trying to recoup some of the costs of the "licensing fees" the mother station has already paid the defendant's family. Not to mention the 48 Hours gig. I guess I'm old school in that I think that the cost of bringing us the news (or entertainment that is passing for news/journalism) - not to mention marketing gimmicks like apps - is something the media is supposed to do through their advertiser revenue and not to be passed on to the general public.
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

I look at it this way, the new app replaces buying a daily newspaper for updates especially for those that do not have computers or cable TV.

I look at it this way - Everyone has choices. If you don't agree with it, then don't buy it.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

sadyjade is offline "I'll follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt you"
    Momtective .. my heart is sinking... right along side yuours *sigh* but it is, what it is and folks are clamoring to be "in the know" on the flavor of the week ... sadly, these types of crimes happen more often than is EVER reported, much less to the degree that this case has garnered ... but I digress.

I Just wanted you to know that it began with those big, beutiful eyes and that sweet little voice singing "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine" that I fell oh so hard for this child and wished beyond wished, that she would simply be with someone who wanted her more than Casey did .. even though I knew on some level, from day 31, that she was gone *sigh* and ... well .... now all I hear is the other "sunshine" song ... Aint no sunshine when she's gone ....

This whole thing sucks!!!!!!!! ((((((((((((((Momtective)))))))))))))))

I have an ipad, but haven't been able to stream live hearings from it.
    apparently it doesn't accept flash media?

Is there somewhere else you can watch live hearings using the ipad?

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    I look at it this way, the new app replaces buying a daily newspaper for updates especially for those that do not have computers or cable TV.
    Well put!

Quote Originally Posted by sumbunny View Post
    I have an ipad, but haven't been able to stream live hearings from it.
    apparently it doesn't accept flash media?

Is there somewhere else you can watch live hearings using the ipad?
    I only know of slingbox, and someone else here posted that there is an app for that! Sorry, I don't recall what it is.....
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast