Man Bitten by Venomous Snake in WalMart

That's it - no more Walmarts for me. Not like I go to them anyway.

I hope he's okay.

Mel

And here I thought WalMart kept all their snakes at the corporate office in Bentonville!

3-5 minutes to respond, because they didn't believe him!!!?? WTH?

That, my friends, is the main reason to not shop there. I mean, sweet mother of pearl, just dial 911, and ask follow up questions later!

It is a big joke in our house about how much I HATE going to Walmart. It is also a big thing about how I loath even the thought of a snake anywhere. Now they will NEVER get me to go there again! I could care less if something is cheaper there, its TARGET for me!

jmo

Thanks to that story, I'm now having to look under my bed, in the bathtub, in the potty...everywhere...before I sit down/lie down/climb in anything.

My brother gave me this response to the story (he is such a stickler and should have been a lawyer):

" I never heard the followup on this story. A couple things: the headline says 'poisonous' snake, but the story does not. And nobody claims the picture is of the actual snake; it appears to be a file photo of a copperhead. BUT any casual reader could be excused for thinking, 'Some guy got bitten by a copperhead at Wal-Mart.' Meanwhile, I think the snake's expression is saying, 'I want a lawyer.'"

I informed said brother that while the video seems to have been pulled (fancy that...a negative video about Wally World pulled up here in WallyWorldLand), I believe it included a quick shot of the actual smooshed snake...and it surely did look like a copperhead to me!!!

For the record, in my links (above), the Florida WalMart snakes were all said to be pygmy rattlesnakes; the South Carolina story involved a copperhead; and the Georgia case involved several six- to eight-inch long baby snakes "suspected of being copperheads."

For the record, in my links (above), the Florida WalMart snakes were all said to be pygmy rattlesnakes; the South Carolina story involved a copperhead; and the Georgia case involved several six- to eight-inch long baby snakes "suspected of being copperheads."
Oh yeah...when I responded to my brother's skepticism, I gave him YOUR links! Then I asked him to run to the Springdale WalMart to get me some tomato plants. Snort!!!

My cousin works at Wicker Imports and they have had snakes that apparently got shipped out with the wicker. I don't doubt that this can happen.

Also heard of baby snakes in the sleeves of coats at the Burlington Coat Factory. YIKES.

I got shipped a black widow in its web in from Pottery Barn. :eek:

i just couldnt resist commenting on this due to the fact that I live right outside Springdale and I know this idiot and his idiot friend who shot the video!! This was a hoax!! He was caught on camera bringing the snake into the building and getting bitten by it outside the store! He and the guy that shot the video are best friends and are both currently wanted by the police!! All I can say is these guys are completely moronic...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back