1146 users online (216 members and 930 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kalekona View Post
    Personally I think the label "Serial Killer" is being used more and more loosely. And many repeat murders who don't fit in other categories are tossed in as "SK"

For instance I have never seen Eileen Warnos as a Serial Killer. While she was indeed cold blooded I think she killed more out of fear, revenge and financial gain rather than for the thrill or compulsion.
    I respectfully disagree - if Eileen were afraid (fear), why would she put herself in a position to be raped again and again? Revenge is a motivator for many serial killers - so with this I agree. Financial gain? She absolutely robbed her John's - but she never had to kill them, it wasn't like they would call LE to report her - most were married and it wouldn't have been worth it. That's the thing that bothered me about the movie Monster, they tried to find an excuse for innate evil. Very bad things happen to a lot of children and young adults, but a minute number go on to be serial killers. IMO, she is the epitome of a serial killer.

Someone here stated it correctly - the difference between a serial, spree, mass, rampage, or mob murderer is the cooling down period.

I always wonder which category someone like Ted Kazynski (sic), and the Tylenol killer would be placed in. I think Ted has been called both serial and rampage.

The Serial Killer Detector

This is an interactive app a member posted in the resources forum. I've used it before and found it interesting and useful for tracking possible serial killings georgraphically.

http://www.scrippsnews.com/projects/...serial-killers
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Knot4u2no View Post
    The following is an excerpt from Richard Kuklinski’s BRACE Character Profile Psychological Autopsy.

http://www.braceanalysis.com/free_do...%20Autopsy.pdf

SUMMARY CONCLUSIONS:
    The current findings are consistent with those of forensic psychiatrist Dr. Park Dietz who actually interviewed Richard Kuklinski (The Iceman Confesses, HBO America Undercover, 1992). Given Richard Kuklinski’s chosen profession of crime and his repeated self-exposure to high risk situations, which often culminated in his violent acts against others, it was particularly surprising to find such clear patterns of underlying fear other than that associated with Paranoid Personality Disorder (e.g., see Avoidant Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder positive correlations). It is reasonable to conclude that Richard Kuklinski’s god-like desire for ultimate power and control (murder) was fueled in part by his underlying fear of being at the mercy of others. In combination, his paranoid and antisocial characteristics made him a particularly lethal criminal.

Richard Kuklinski’s fear and preemptive active avoidance of being under the control of others may well have been conditioned during his developmental years as a result of repeated abuse at the hands of his parents, the very people he needed most to trust for protection. As a young adult, he increasingly took on the dominant, controlling role, inflicting pain and suffering on others rather than being the victim (first murder at 14). In doing so, he further distanced himself from painful memories and experiences, taking control of his fear by directing his personal power against others. Making others suffer instead of him suffering transformed violence into a very potent positive reinforcer. In terms of learning processes, anything (violence) associated with the termination or decrease of pain and discomfort (fear) will acquire positively reinforcing properties (valued) --- i.e., it (i.e., violence) will be strengthened and more likely to occur again in the future under similar circumstances. One clear trigger for his violence was fear, any type of fear, any threat to his survival (witnesses). Additionally, violence was his primary means of acquiring money to support his idealized family life, giving violence another role to boost its progression in terms of frequency, intensity, and/or duration. Violence became his “good pleasure,” even a source of deviant humor. In addition to having the characteristics (in rank order) of a Paranoid Personality Disorder (r = +0.58), a prototypical 40-point Hare PCL-R Psychopath (r = +0.43), an Antisocial Personality Disorder (r = +0.36), and a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (r = +0.28), Richard Kuklinski has an even higher correlation with a Sadistic Personality Disorder5 (r = +0.76). Richard Kuklinski’s high risk criminal lifestyle matched the same level of excitation he had experienced as a child when anticipating being abused, only now it was a positive rush at the expense of the lives of others. He was a sophisticated hustler, deceiving his marks through positively reinforcing processes (flattery, sharing information, friendly presentation), until he killed them (eliminating witnesses) and stole their money (source of income). He thrived on his reputation and “respect,” willingly inflicting fear on others to motivate their cooperation and compliance (including family members). Ultimately, Richard Kuklinski deliberately and systematically chose his own pleasure and comfort (positive reinforcement) and his own avoidance of pain and discomfort (negative reinforcement) at the bloody expense of others.

My personal opinion,
    Russell
    Interesting analysis on Richard Kuklinski. I read about him. Quite a killer he is. Probably the most prolific hitman besides Giuseppe Greco.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Greco"]Giuseppe Greco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    I respectfully disagree - if Eileen were afraid (fear), why would she put herself in a position to be raped again and again? Revenge is a motivator for many serial killers - so with this I agree. Financial gain? She absolutely robbed her John's - but she never had to kill them, it wasn't like they would call LE to report her - most were married and it wouldn't have been worth it. That's the thing that bothered me about the movie Monster, they tried to find an excuse for innate evil. Very bad things happen to a lot of children and young adults, but a minute number go on to be serial killers. IMO, she is the epitome of a serial killer.

Someone here stated it correctly - the difference between a serial, spree, mass, rampage, or mob murderer is the cooling down period.

I always wonder which category someone like Ted Kazynski (sic), and the Tylenol killer would be placed in. I think Ted has been called both serial and rampage.
    I always thought Ted Kaczynski was also a terrorist. As for the Tylenol Killer, he or she is a hard one to classify. Probably more of a spree killer as they do not have a "cooling off" period. An example of spree killers are John Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo, Christopher Wilder, and Andrew Cunanan.

I tried to do a good, thorough search before posting, and this thread seems 'least inappropriate' [?] but if there's a better place than this thread, or folks feel it doesn't belong, mods should feel free to move/split, etc.

As the article says, the human mind has a powerful bias to glean patterns where none exist, aside from which, extrapolating from one killer to a one-size-fits-all model seems iffy, but nevertheless, this seems like a fairly provocative area of research. (Though I'd certainly quibble with the first paragraph, quoted below...'when', perhaps. 'Why' is rather different matter.)

Researchers have discovered that the seemingly erratic behavior of the "Rostov Ripper," a prolific serial killer active in the 1980s, conformed to the same mathematical pattern obeyed by earthquakes, avalanches, stock market crashes and many other sporadic events. The finding suggests an explanation for why serial killers kill.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46045497...cience-science

What is a serial killer?

You have a point. Serial killers don't have a conscience. They also are aware that there are societal rules, but these rules don't apply to them. These aspects are ingrained into their personalities.

I have been wondering about this for awhile but never new where to bring it up or to get anyone's oppinion..So I'll ask here What do you think the chances are that on any given day there is a Actual Serial Killer on this website Obviously one that hasn't been caught yet or even a Killer but a killer from one of the cases we profile on WebSleuths. I have no dought both a SK AND A I DON'T KNOW THE RIGHT TERM A REGULAR KILLER OR A ONE TIMER lol troll sites like this one and others most likely as a unknowen guest But I mean One that has sighned up and actually contributes to conversations .Does anyone know of any stories about this happening maybe it was how the killer got caught or something .Otherwise I dought thier gonna out themselves But what does anyone think Im curious do any of you think that we prolly chat with a SK on here with out knowing ?
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Im really curious about what people think. Me personaly My mind goes to TV Shows & Movies about Serial Killers or A Killer and you see that one part where HE/SHE will be watching the late breaking news on the murder or the recently found remains and the Perp of the crime will be watching as it all unfolds. But In my mind at least that's probally as far as I see them taking it . So I guess for me I don't think any of the SK's out there OR the 1Time Killer is ever on here and actualy talking in the forums..But Like I said in my earlier post I do however think they come on as guests and read over all the conversations about what they did. There is a little part of me that thinks at one time or another a SK has came on and talked only for the fact that they are in need for that rush or the getting off on reliving it and yet remain annonamous Kinda like what BTK kept on doing untill he basically walked himself through the front doors of the police station ..Anyway still would love to hear SOME MORE OPPINNIONS ..

Hey Why Can't I Thank My Own Post's lol ....

CanMan, I'm not aware of any SK's who posted here, but it wouldn't surprise me. Reading here? I'd be surprised if that has NOT happened.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Well ya I didn't really think they would out them selves lol that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do if you were a active seriel killer it would most likely put a hault to your career for the time being anyway HaHa..But I do think your right I think there has been some on here before just to do some scoping out on one or many of the crimes he's been involved in..

Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    Im really curious about what people think. Me personaly My mind goes to TV Shows & Movies about Serial Killers or A Killer and you see that one part where HE/SHE will be watching the late breaking news on the murder or the recently found remains and the Perp of the crime will be watching as it all unfolds. But In my mind at least that's probally as far as I see them taking it . So I guess for me I don't think any of the SK's out there OR the 1Time Killer is ever on here and actualy talking in the forums..But Like I said in my earlier post I do however think they come on as guests and read over all the conversations about what they did. There is a little part of me that thinks at one time or another a SK has came on and talked only for the fact that they are in need for that rush or the getting off on reliving it and yet remain annonamous Kinda like what BTK kept on doing untill he basically walked himself through the front doors of the police station ..Anyway still would love to hear SOME MORE OPPINNIONS ..
    You would not believe the nights, I have left these threads, wondering how many SK are posting here. You just never know. I was always afraid to voice that though. Thanks CanMan, for living inside my head.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

This thread is fascinating!! I wish more would post here. I especially enjoyed Russel's posts.

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

Iceman seems to really want to know, what makes him do the things he does. It's like he's needing answers. Does anyone else get this feeling???

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

My Brother The Serial Killer (2013 Serial Killer Documentary)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtJtVD63FHU"]My Brother The Serial Killer (2013 Serial Killer Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

Russ, let's bring this thread back to life.

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

thepinkdragon is online now Verified US Army Veteran/Certified Veteran's Mental Health & PTSD Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    Well ya I didn't really think they would out them selves lol that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do if you were a active seriel killer it would most likely put a hault to your career for the time being anyway HaHa..But I do think your right I think there has been some on here before just to do some scoping out on one or many of the crimes he's been involved in..
    I will never be 100% certain, but IMO I absolutely believe Austin Sigg was a member and posted in his own thread. I even reported some suspicious things to the authorities and after Sigg was arrested certain member(s) never posted or logged into the forums, from what I could see, again. I believe it's much more common to have POI/Suspects and actual killers on here reading and posting on their own crimes than we care to admit to ourselves. Maybe I'm just suspicious in general but maybe it's also because I've fought off the violent person trapped in my head all of my life and I sense things that may not stick out to other people. I've always known that if it weren't for my humility and compassion I may have ended up one of the people we sleuth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast