Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #3

TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #3

Please continue here!

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Searchers found Holly's lunchbox near a creek about 8 miles from her home.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27532916/detail.html

Police say her brother has been ruled out as a suspect.

Live Stream - http://www.livestream.com/WBBJ

Previous Threads:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6341223"]#1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133444"]#2[/ame]
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

This case is very frustrating and confusing

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Press to be briefed at 3pm, per twitter, about 3 more hours from now...hope if she is NOT already found, LE will clear up some of the many discrepancies...
    Just my opinion, of course.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Carried this over!!!!!

another version of he abduction!

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42621176#42621176"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Press to be briefed at 3pm, per twitter, about 3 more hours from now...hope if she is NOT already found, LE will clear up some of the many discrepancies...
    I agree, they need to get the facts/rumors cleared up before they report anything.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Anyone think he's got her stashed in his house, basement garage??

With Hailey Dunn they finally searched every home in town.
    Maybe that is what they need to do with Holly

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post

That is what I am thinking.IMO.
    Here.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nana46 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post

I think that would be an important task to do as well.

However, if this car found that was later retracted in the media is involved, then why was it where it was yesterday? Which leads me to believe he doesn't have her stashed in a house.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to curiousc For This Useful Post:

Cordova, right outside of Memphis, Tennessee. Watching the geese come and go:)
    Scout if this is an off-the-grid person then he could have spotted Holly at any point.
    These people move around a lot and do come into town to buy some supplies.
    He could have been staying somewhere near her house throughout the winter months and her family might be completely unaware of him.
    You are probably right and statistics support your theory that this is someone that is in someway familiar with Holly.
    My off-the-grid theory is just an attempt to figure out why she has been missing since Wednesday and has not been found.
    If this were a "hot" abduction by someone known in the community, they would have been missed and reported by now IMO.
    If this were a registered offender or someone with a criminal record, they would have been questioned and would at least be accounted for.
    Just my thoughts and I just have a feeling Holly is alive and is being kept as a partner.
    All JMO

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SNOWINMEMPHIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    I agree, they need to get the facts/rumors cleared up before they report anything.
    It's getting ridiculous.

However, I think because it is such a small town they aren't giving much info up and the info that has been put out there has been perhaps erroneous for a reason. Or just bad reporting

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiousc For This Useful Post:

I agree but I think some of the rumors/facts are being allowed to circulate to confuse certain people.
    JMO

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SNOWINMEMPHIS For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://twitter.com/willnunley

will nunley twitter (tweeting from the fairgrounds)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ABC-7-...J/159026164741

abc7 facebook posting search updates

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...,0.016394&z=17

hollye's case map
    This bee my opinion

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Regarding the huge turnout of volunteers. The impetus for me to start posting on sleuthing sites was the case of Dru Sjodin. An incredible turnout of people searching for her. Volunteers in the field were coordinating their efforts with those us posting on-line. Of course they couldn't reveal everything. But they did give us a idea of what the scene is like.

BTW, if you don't know this case. Dru was a beautiful blond coed who was abducted from a mall parking lot in N.D. and murdered by a level 3 sex offender who had been returned to the community.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SNOWINMEMPHIS View Post
    Scout if this is an off-the-grid person then he could have spotted Holly at any point.
    These people move around a lot and do come into town to buy some supplies.
    He could have been staying somewhere near her house throughout the winter months and her family might be completely unaware of him.
    You are probably right and statistics support your theory that this is someone that is in someway familiar with Holly.
    My off-the-grid theory is just an attempt to figure out why she has been missing since Wednesday and has not been found.
    If this were a "hot" abduction by someone known in the community, they would have been missed and reported by now IMO.
    If this were a registered offender or someone with a criminal record, they would have been questioned and would at least be accounted for.
    Just my thoughts and I just have a feeling Holly is alive and is being kept as a partner.
    All JMO
    further thoughts: an off-the-grid (or rather) unregistered sex offender
    This bee my opinion

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Media reminder: 3pm press update at command center. #hollybobo
    less than 5 seconds ago via HTC Peep
    Organizers: the main focus now is manpower. We need teams walking these woods. #hollybobo
    less than a minute ago via HTC Peep
    Kitchen: food needs have been met for the day. #thankyou #volunteerspirit
    4 minutes ago via HTC Peep

http://twitter.com/willnunley
    This bee my opinion

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    further thoughts: an off-the-grid (or rather) unregistered sex offender
    Good point! Never been caught thus unregistered....curiouser and curiouser.
    I am headed that way for a family get together this afternoon.
    I hope we get some good news.
    Brother who was in the woods overnight in that area with buddies for early morning hunting reported that it was very quiet except for the sound of helicopters occasionally.
    JMO

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SNOWINMEMPHIS For This Useful Post:

It changes by the hour!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
    I'm new to this case so maybe I've missed a 'reasonable' explanation to WHY her brother didn't do anything when he saw what he did but I doubt it..I'm confident I could read every single post & still not see it..Basically, cos to me none exists..It doesn't matter who he may have thought (b/f?) it was, it still reeks of something was seriously WRONG! I don't feel good attacking the brother (for his lack of action) but I simply have no other choice if her 'abduction' did gone down the way it's been reported.
    I, too, am entertaining rational explanations...and there are some. But, still.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...6883ad987f1815

very good article... some highlights I found interesting:

1)she was already in the clinical portion of school working in hospitals

2)she was on the way to campus that morning to take a test

3)brother saw her walking into woods with man in camo but thought it was her boyfriend. When he saw blood outside later he called 911.
    This bee my opinion

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I have to think the brother must have passed a lie detector as LE has said they absolutely don't consider him a suspect, or the boyfriend, for that matter.
    Just my opinion, of course.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

So now there is no camo? This just gets more absurd and strange by the minute. The reporters and/or law enforcement really ought to get their story straight, because every time they change the story, the brother gets the brunt of the suspicion.
    They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.- Atticus Finch

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to southern_scout For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Anyone ever seen a case where last-seens and a boyfriend are quickly cleared publicly by LE - as some sort of strategy - even though LE might not believe they are clear?

Not me. I think we can be certain the brother's been ruled out. As he's the "last seen by" person here, common sense would dictate there's a pretty solid reason he's been ruled out.

The official clearing of the "last seen by" so quickly here is interesting to me. To me, this is telling. This says ... LE likely knows who they are after.

The announcing of the brother being cleared (LE can clear people and not announce it), is also interesting to me. - Strategy of some kind.

Have we heard that there are FBI special teams (CARD) there yet? If not, LE likely knows who they are after.

This is a rural area. A short list of suspects could have been developed and run down ... and if one of them is also missing ... LE likely knows who they are after.

Random thought:

If Holly is a nursing student, someone feigning "need" of medical assistance for someone who's been injured in the woods - could have asked for her assistance. Someone who knew she'd go with them voluntarily into the woods to help. Lured her.

Brother is sequestered because he's the "last seen by". He may be working with police or FBI, and unavailable for the press. Either way, LE doesn't want brother's actual story out.

My fear is murder-suicide. My hope is a sicko-captor.

ALL JMHO. for Holly.
    I know where you post.

43. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Am trying to find public court documents for Henderson County TN. (looking for possible RO)
    So far am only getting pay searches which I know are not allowed, nor am I going to pay.
    From other cases I know these are public info, but seems in TN they want you to pay for any records. Am I on the wrong track...can someone with experience direct me?

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RavenTrue For This Useful Post:

I think LE has reasons for clearing the brother and boyfriend, although it is strange how the brother's story has been reported.
    He is 24 and she is 20 if I am correct.
    About the same age difference as my brother and I.
    I came and went as I liked when I was Holly's age and we lived in a very remote area completely wooded-in.
    My big bro is very protective, but at that age if he didn't hear me screaming for help he probably would have thought I was with a friend or boyfriend.
    Actually, I switched bf's a lot at her age.
    Anyhow, I stayed out of his business and he stayed out of mine.
    In rural communities like Holly's and the nearby one I grew up in (which is huge in comparison today) camo clothing is worn year-round and young adults feel safe on their own property.
    Someone picked this lady out, and not randomly, IMO.
    She is strikingly beautiful and this caught the perp's attention.
    I believe she is alive and I also believe that the brother is tornup about this thing.
    The obfuscation and confusion is probably on purpose to keep the perp guessing.
    And yes I believe he uses a scanner with crystals he inserted so that he can pick up cell phones and all trunked systems. It is illegal to do so, so he probably built it himself.
    There is the other possibility that he bought an actual police radio, as they are also available at such events as gun shows, and tuned it himself.
    I don't think he is broke. I think he has enough money to live on for quite some time.
    Just my thoughts and my opinions.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SNOWINMEMPHIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...6883ad987f1815

very good article... some highlights I found interesting:

1)she was already in the clinical portion of school working in hospitals

2)she was on the way to campus that morning to take a test

3)brother saw her walking into woods with man in camo but thought it was her boyfriend. When he saw blood outside later he called 911.
    No man in camo thats been changed here is the latest!

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42621176#42621176"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast