GUILTY ME - Charles Black for attempted murder, Camden, 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Husband accused of pushing wife off cliff arrested on assault charge
---
Charles Black, 68, of Camden was charged with aggravated assault and taken to Penobscot County Jail.
---
Lisa Black says her husband repeatedly smashed a rock into her head and then shoved her off a cliff on Mount Megunticook on April 7, according to a protection from abuse order she filed in court Thursday.

Both Lisa Black, 52, and Charles Black had been hospitalized with head injuries at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor since they fell off part of 800-foot Maiden Cliff while hiking Camden Hills State Park.
---
(more at Bangor Daily News link above)

The protection order was granted to Lisa Black on Thursday. It prevents Charles Black from having any contact with his wife. It also banishes him from their Camden home and temporarily bans him from possessing any guns. He must relinquish any firearms or weapons he owns.

All they'd have to do really is ban him from hiking.

Helloooooo, people! You two are longtime educators and yet cannot spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E?? Someone's going to really get killed before these two decide to just stay away from each other! Man!

Ex-Mistress Testifies About the Affair

ROCKLAND — Charles Black's former mistress testified July 17 about the affair the two carried on until April 7, 2011 — the date when Black is accused of hitting his former wife in the head and dragging her body off Maiden Cliff in an attempt to kill her.

Black, 71, of Salt Lake City, Utah, has pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted murder, elevated aggravated assault and aggravated assault.

On the third day of the attempted murder trial in Knox County Superior Court, Candice Carter, of Scottsdale, Ariz. said she and Black were high school sweethearts for one year until Black went to college. They did not have contact for 50 years until Carter contacted Black via Facebook out of curiosity, she said.
[modsnip]

http://knox.villagesoup.com/p/ex-mistress-testifies-about-affair/1213812?source=rss

Patrick Whittle ‏@pxwhittle 1h
Awaiting closing arguments in the #Maine cliff-push trial. Any minute now.
Blackinton Corners, ME

ROCKLAND, Maine (AP) — A former Maine man has been convicted of bashing his wife’s head with a rock and pushing her off a cliff in disputes over an affair and inheritance money.

The couple, Charles and Lisa Black, had moved from Kansas to retire in coastal Maine. Before the fall in 2011, they’d argued about how he spent money from a $4 million inheritance from her father and over an affair he had.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/07/21/former-kansas-teacher-convicted-of-pushing-wife-off-cliff/

Hi Chelly didn't know you were posting on this one. It has been on our local news.

Jury finds Charles Black guilty of trying to kill wife on Camden’s Maiden Cliff

ROCKLAND, Maine — A 71-year-old man faces up t0 30 years in prison after a jury convicted him of trying to kill his wife by pushing her off Maiden Cliff in Camden in order to have her money and be with his former high school girlfriend.

The 11-women, one-man Knox County jury deliberated for 90 minutes before convicting Charles Reed Black of all charges, including attempted murder. Justice Joyce Wheeler ordered Black held without bail until sentencing is held.

No date for sentencing has been scheduled.

The victim was in the courtroom, surrounded her two daughters and friends, when the verdict was read. She began sobbing and hugged lead Detective Dean Jackson and District Attorney Geoffrey Rushlau. (more at link below)
https://bangordailynews.com/2014/07...-trying-to-kill-wife-on-camdens-maiden-cliff/

wow, renewing my stance for professional jurors. Deliberated for 90 minutes? just wow.

I know only what has been reported but i did not think there was enough evidence to find him guilty.

From September 2014:

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2014/09/25/cliff-push-prison-10-years-charles-black/16232563/

In the end, the judge imposed a sentence of 25 years, but suspended 15 of those years. Black will serve the remaining 10 years, minus any "good time" he earns while in prison.

The judge also sentenced Black to six years probation after he is released She ordered him to have no contact with Zahn or her family, and also said Black can never enter the town of Camden again, as long as Zahn is living there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back