Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011.04.16 48 Hours: Only Casey Knows

Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    For me it depends on what kind of accident. For instance a drowning in the pool while Casey was not paying Caylee any attention, neglect. Sedated, gagged, bound placed in the car trunk? I'd consider one of the two choices to be felony child abuse worthy of the needle. Guess which one?
    Since around 2000 FL has gotten a lot tougher on child drownings as it is the number one killer of children under the age of 5 in FL with pool deaths being the most of those. I am not sure of all the different charges but I am sure child abuse and child neglect would be the lesser charge. One I found on the 2005 FL Child Abuse Death Review told of a man being charged with Aggravated Manslaughter after he fell asleep and his child drowned.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cher352 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    At one point KC told Cindy that she was in Jacksonville with Jeffery Hopkins (the fake one-not the real one) maybe planning on moving in together. That's the only time I remember her talking about an old friend. Other than that-KC was working and Caylee was with the "nanny" - oh and there was that time she was helping Zanny out in Tampa cause Zanny had been in an accident and was in the hospital!
    BBM - I see "half-truths" in this story to the A's. Caylee w/Nanny (Zanny).
    Accident
    - hospital (should have been) Conscience talking?

I think KC lost it and took it out on Caylee. She was the princess she was determined to keep it that way. There's a jailhouse tape with CA and ICA that indicates to me this is true where CA is talking about Caylee and ICA chimes in "like like meeeeee"....sounding like the little girl that wants the attention to herself. (although, I cannot seem to find the video)

Just a guess but possible.
    My posts are my opinion only.....

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetaime View Post
    I agree! Until she started with the whole 'Poor Casey' Spiel... then I started tuning her out. Million dollar question. What does the defense have up their sleeve????
    George.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zoe Bogart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brattigirle View Post
    The trial actually starts on the 16th, right? The 9th is when jury selection starts... or am I confused?
    I too was confused on the dates wondering if jury selection started on May 9 or that is when opening statements start. I watched the show again- May 9 is when jury selection is set to start and at the end of the 48 HRS show it said this:

Opening arguments in the trial are scheduled to begin on May 17.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...#ixzz1Jl9jtWMb

BUT-the opening statement date could change...at Friday's hearing JB was concerned 5 days would not be enough time to pick a jury. The Judge responded with:

"If we're making progress, Mr. Baez, and it takes longer than five days, we won't stop," Perry responded.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27554969/detail.html
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jetaime View Post
    Respectfully SBM. Exactly. We have NO idea of the abundance of evidence (circumstantial or not) against ICA. I just learned the other day that the 'tattoo dude' has been subpoenaed to appear. ((Ive been kinda busy with life)) but, that only proved to me that in spite of some fears, I have NO freakin clue what the SA's have. Im more hopefull than ever that this unusual person will live out the rest of her days in prison. Call me mean, but I'm more satisfied 48 hrs did this little segment, + DA's promises to ICA that "all will be okay". I can't WAIT to see that smirk wiped off her face as she finds out her true fate........... and baby Caylee FINALLY gets the rest she so deserves!
    Has all the evidence against Casey been released to the public? I'm not quite sure how that works with the Sunshine law. Can certain things be held back until trial? Just curious since you stated we have no idea of the abundance of evidence against Casey when so much has been released prior to the trial. I understand some things are sealed, I am not referring to those.
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

there was a steady exodus of cats from the room during the first 15 minutes, because they are sensitive to shouting. so I was thisclose to changing the channel but decided to hang in there and ended up being pleased w/ the show. reminded me of that T-shirt "I may not be perfect but parts of me are excellent"

the recurring comments by PB were concise and truthful ... good use of her on camera. I'm imagining PB's bullet points being enlarged upon at trial via the eloquence/passion of LDB/JA. I'm looking forward to seeing the pace and structure and strength of their case

the smell of garbage (vs trash) in the car was glossed over tonight. same w/ "who coulda been home" for the computer searches. those instances, and other misrepresentations and slants, will not be glossed over at trial and will be checkmated by the SAs. the jury will see CA/GA examined/cross-examined for days. their true natures and agendas will be evident to the jury as their testimony is evaluated

describing the focus group as cheesy is letting them off lightly, like those comedy shows that think they're Saturday Night Live but they're not. big boos for that skit. the jury will know nearly everything the no-life bloggers know. (note -> JB: trials are like that, they really are. your client is nearly universally thought of as un-get-off-able.) I imagine him frequently saying to himself "This is so haaard"

the DT never ceases to stupefy, er, amaze. the JB in these controlled/edited sound bites is not the JB the jury will see in court. not that the JB of the sound bites is all that anyway, IMO. the irony was rich: his complaints about the media while sitting in front of a camera speaking for a planned broadcast (displaying an arrogant and unaware oulook, as usual. again, IMO)

the jury will be looking at KC every day/all day for much longer than the slanted focus goup did. the jury will evaluate her reactions/non-reactions to all kindsa things not seen/heard tonight. one of the biggest differences is that the 48 Hours actors crewed for Richard Gabriel but the jury will crew for His Honor. I'm not the least bit swayed from anticipating guilty/1st degree

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    BBM - I was not aware that Caylee was not welcome there. I have not ever heard this before. Explain please.
    TL told YM and JA that he told Casey he didn't think his place was appropriate for a child because of the drinking, smoking etc. Casey took her there a few times during the day but he did not want her sleeping over.

13. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    Phone call from Casey to the Anthony home after being arrested: not verbatim:

Kristina: (sobbing) Casey, you have to tell me if something happened to Caylee. If something happened to Caylee (sobbing harder), Casey, I'll DIE. I'll DIE!

Casey: Oh wow! Calling you guys? A waste... a huge waste!

LATER in the phone call:

Kristina: I'm on your side. You family is behind you 100%...

Casey: No they're not. No one in my own family is on my side. All they care about is Caylee. All they care about is getting Caylee back.

NEEDLE meet ARM!
    I just love, love, love every time someone brings this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brattigirle View Post
    The trial actually starts on the 16th, right? The 9th is when jury selection starts... or am I confused?
    The 17th. on a Tuesday for the trial. HHJP moved it up one day. JS the 9th.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Has all the evidence against Casey been released to the public? I'm not quite sure how that works with the Sunshine law. Can certain things be held back until trial? Just curious since you stated we have no idea of the abundance of evidence against Casey when so much has been released prior to the trial. I understand some things are sealed, I am not referring to those.
    On the lawyer question thread AZ said if they haven't turned it over to defense then they can't use it at trial. She seemed to think we have seen it all.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Bogart View Post
    I'm on the second of these videos and maybe we should have a thread dedicated solely to what's there. For instance, they talk about the car being left at Amscot because she ran out of gas and two people had to help her push it off the road into the parking lot. Amscot's multiple security cameras didn't record it, and as far as I know, no one has stepped forward saying they helped push that car. My questions are, was the car really out of gas?

George said he brought one or two gas cans just in case when he and CA went to pick up the car from the tow company. Did he try to start the car before putting in the gas? Was the tow yard man aware the car was out of gas because GA couldn't start it? How often did Casey run out of gas prior to June 2008 and the family had to rescue her? Was this standard procedure?

Sorry. Don't want to hijack the thread, but the videos are really good enough to discuss and ponder all these questions.
    A thread for the videos would be great. They put things in clear chronological order and really highlight all the deception, side-stepping and backtracking key players have done. And yes, seeing it all laid out so concisely was a needed balm after the 48 hours fiasco.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:

I saw the 48 hours special. I believe that the "mock" jury did not hear all the evidence that the DA has to offer. Based on what they knew, of course, they would convict her of a lesser charge. Be patient people, The DA has evidence and at the very least KA will be convicted of murder one way or another..she is not leaving jail.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luvsleuthing2 For This Useful Post:

I fell asleep and missed 48 hours! Can anyone do a summary of the program? Did anyone tape it and is going to upload it here? Thanks!
    My posts are my opinion..........

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Well.

I did not watch 48 Hours until it was up on their site because I did not want to contribute to their ratings.

Anyone who has followed little Caylee's case is not going to be swayed by this show. The defense team (and their crinies) can make sny statements until the cows come home and that is not going to sway anyone either.

31 days. That, the party pics, and most of all, the duct tape is what is going to convict Casey Anthony.

I simply cannot wait for this trial to begin.
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joypath View Post
    CINDY admitted that this is a nightmare (that CAYLEE IS DECEASED!) that she can't wake up from........ SO chalk up another LIE on the stand from the great LIAR CA!

OMG! they just said that the defense attys BROUGHT IN Richard GABRIEL, JURY consultant!!!!!

48 hrs comissioned the focus group IN ORLANDO!
    Bold mine.

Actually just got done watching this on DVR....the bolded above is CBS's way of covering their arses. At first I read on the Sentinal Blog(Hal B.) that CBS claimed that the jury consultant had NOTHING to do with the defense. NOW, after everyone posted on their website that they KNEW who Richard Gabriel REALLY was, CBS inserts their disclaimer that he IS associated with the defense. CBS is now covering their ARSES! What a farce!

28. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Q-Is it possible G killed this little girl?

LKB-We will have to wait and find out!! (paraphrasing)

Look out G-the bus is coming!
    Bold mine.

Oh, how I wish that bus would swerve around GA and head right for CA!

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    This the same group that said she couldn't get a fair trial...but then vote to acquit?
    It's hilarious, isn't it!

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lowens1975 View Post
    I thought the DNA guy Kobelenski? was out? What's he doing getting face time on 48 Hours?
    ans: Nancy won't have him on anymore and he will take face time wherever he can get it?

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by Infojunkie View Post
    AKA...spin! Glad I didn't bother to waste my time.

Thanks gngr snap
    l am sorry for being blunt. I tell it like I see it. I'm too D@MN old to coat it with rainbow sprinkles. ICA = epic fail. even if she didn't do the deed.NOT reporting it
    she failed as mom. she did do it so she fails. as a HUMAN. SHE lack 's a soul. She's an empty human. No morals no regret no empathy. She is hollow like a chocolate bunny. Sweet and enticing on the outside. once cracked open - Nuthin.
    Soooo sad for Caylee

36. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

I did see this episode.

no proof?
    that she had anything to do with the death of her daughter?

And according to them it is normal to go out and PARTY
    and not mention the daughter being stolen?
    And not asking the law for help?
    And not asking parents or anyone to help?
    How stupid?
    I mean people care more and do more and offer rewards if a family pet goes missing.
    This is truely a delusional bunch of people to even begin to go along with the plan.
    The plan is to DENY DENY DENY...refuse to see what is obvious and say:
    " JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A THIEF, DOES NOT MAKE YOU A
    MURDERER"

ok

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to websurfer For This Useful Post:

the hair thing?

Quote Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
    Her may not grow every time she tells a lie....but apparently her hair does!

ETA: Jinx, MD Mommy!!!

well...
    her open blouses and resting them on the desk?And smiling and chatting happily with defense?Writing and reading and enjoying the STAR STATUS[ she thinks]
    Some SOAPS may have been removed from TV stations but this is gonna be a HOOT!
    Her hair she sits and twilrs it and keeps brushing it away from her face.
    If she is not doing that she is fussing with her sleeves and so on and so on.
    But yes her hair is going to be discussed.
    Hard not to talk about it when she pulls and twists oit all the time..
    will it keep her from the GUILTY verdict?
    Let's see...
    I do hope some channels air the live stream...
    and will we get to see the jury being selected?
    or is that private?

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to websurfer For This Useful Post:

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    So sorry I missed the show. OK no I'm not. I'm not even going to watch it on Youtube after hearing from ya'll. Thanks for the updates!
    Justice will be soooo sweet! Imagine the DT press conference post conviction. Imagine CM having fun hurling insults and JB crying. Imagine the Anthony rage.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amil View Post
    I saw those new photos and videos and knew right away how CA is able to afford her make-over.
    Agreed. I also think there was a recent interview by CA. It was very short so they probably edited out 99.9% of the interview. It's easy to tell the general time frame due to Cindy's changing appearance (hair style, color, weight, etc). I would like to know how much the As got for this one.

IMO

44. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jon_burrows For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucylu7 View Post
    After watching the show I think the DT is going to claim accident,then KC panics and doesn't know what to do,scared of telling her mom,so makes it look like a kidnapping.Young and scared.They are looking for a Mary Winkler jury,convicted of a much lesser offence.I don't think they're going to get their wish,the only thing they might get is LWOP instead of the DP.
    I believe they are going with an accident too. She was too frightened to go home and couldn't part with Caylee's remains so she left them in the trunk. This will be the big ah ha moment that will make us all understand. I think the 48 hours show was to test public opinion of that theory. The DT was probably trolling the blogs all night to see how well they did.

The Fox Orlando site had a poll yesterday. Only two choices, DP or not DP. 87% voted for DP and 12% voted against the DP at the time I checked.

IMO

46. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to jon_burrows For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trapshooter View Post
    What a waste, a HUGE waste!

There's an hour of my life that I can't get back!

Could 48 Hours have been more pro defense than they were already? :vomit:

Seriously, am I the only one that thinks this "mock jury" aka "mockury" was completely STAGED beforehand? When Gabriel was asking if they would "acquit" ICA, the one girl was already out of her seat before he finished asking the question!
    I did learn that GA followed KC and Caylee to the driveway blowing them kisses???? Really? Did I miss that somewhere? I thought GA was watching a "food show" when they left the house that day?

WTH is up with CM saying the duct tape is a "product of an overzealous prosecutor"? Really Cheney? Did Cheney even say the word "imaginary"?

And Baez saying there is a VERY COMPELLING reason ICA didn't report Caylee missing for 31 days??? I cannot wait to hear that reason!

So basically what I learned from this hour of pure BS is the defense is trying their best to taint a jury pool.

Now Jose is asking HHBP to remove cameras from the court room while he is appearing on 48 hours? INDEED, THE IRONY IS RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BBM-I noticed that too.

ITA with your entire post.

48. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jon_burrows For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast