1048 users online (211 members and 837 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 990
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161

    Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #11

    Please continue here. I took the warning off about the photos because it seems that discussion has moved forward. Let me know if I need to put it back in the title.

    And please be nice to each other.

    Thanks,

    Salem

    Thread 10

    Thread 9

    Thread 8

    Thread 7

    Thread 6

    Thread 5
    Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Flourish View Post
    *Sigh* Probably wasting my time here, but does anyone have an actual, reputable source for the alleged fact that there was semen on the pillow?
    (snip)I'm having difficulties believing that a stain was tested and came back as being semen, then was left at that, so...a little help pointing towards a citation would be pretty cool here...
    I guess it depends on who you consider to be a reputable source...

    Helmen denied a request to examine a pillowcase found under Kercher’s body that had the footprint in blood that the prosecution attributed to Knox. That pillowcase also had a spot of semen that had never been tested. The defense wants the spot tested to see whose it is, but the prosecution maintains that it likely belonged to Kercher’s boyfriend Giacomo Silenzi. The judge decided that it was not relevant in this murder. The judge also denied the reexamination of the time of Kercher’s death.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...-be-retested/#

    It was tested though... (a year after the crime) Vinci discovered the stain, a crimescope showed it as being semen... now, according to Chris Halkides, that testing was never followed up with a confirmatory test.
    Vinci also found the same substance in or on Rudy's shoe...

    maybe BN has inside info. .. Stephano? (I've forgotten her name now) the forensic examiner... anyway she said that she was torn between the two stains (the other being the bloody print stain) because testing one would compromise the other - she decided to test the print. This is my very general interpretation... hope it helps.
    Last edited by miley; 04-17-2011 at 12:11 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Here's an interesting slide show of the inside of the house. Made by a guilter, just so you know.


    Giallo Floorplan Updated Pt0a - Fullscreen
    Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    PerugiaLocations-pt0b - Fullscreen

    This shows great maps of the area and where phones dumped.

    On slide 9, guy seems to agree with my "nonesense" about no one being able to hear that scream due to the thick walls of the house, but he doesn't offer the possibility if the window is open.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me
    RG has a motive to stage the crime scene.

    After reading his diary, you'll see he keeps talking about his friends, namely Alex. And he sees Alex on the day of the murder. He also makes it known to friends that he has a "date." I don't know in truth if he told Alex who the "date" was with or where he was going--or if Alex was the only person he told. But I'm GUESSING that maybe he felt people KNEW he was going to MK's or that he was infatuated with her, so he had to make it look like a burglarly.

    Remember, in his mind, he was going there hoping to get lucky, not rob. So when things went wrong, he could POSSIBLY have thought many people knew he had a thing for MK or was going there that night.

    Kind of like "Tale-Tell Heart" by Edgar Allen Poe. Remember in the story, it was the murderers thoughts of what other people knew or heard that did him in. So like I'm saying, maybe in his own mind, he felt EVERYBODY knew about his crush on MK, as well as the fact that SHE should have known it and responded to it (in his mind, anyways.)

    Remember how he speaks earlier in the diary about him being a "Cassanova" or something to that effect. He was denying that he was or felt that he was, but i believe that denial was a coverup for some ineptness he has with women. JUST GUESSING. I'm not a psychiatrist.
    Wanted to bring this quote forward from the last thread. I think it makes a very important point: that if the break-in was staged, it isn't just a matter of who Mignini thinks had the most to gain (AK), but what the stager himself or herself was thinking at the time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by miley View Post
    I guess it depends on who you consider to be a reputable source...

    Helmen denied a request to examine a pillowcase found under Kercher’s body that had the footprint in blood that the prosecution attributed to Knox. That pillowcase also had a spot of semen that had never been tested. The defense wants the spot tested to see whose it is, but the prosecution maintains that it likely belonged to Kercher’s boyfriend Giacomo Silenzi. The judge decided that it was not relevant in this murder. The judge also denied the reexamination of the time of Kercher’s death.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...-be-retested/#

    It was tested though... (a year after the crime) Vinci discovered the stain, a crimescope showed it as being semen... now, according to Chris Halkides, that testing was never followed up with a confirmatory test.
    Vinci also found the same substance in or on Rudy's shoe...

    maybe BN has inside info. .. Stephano? (I've forgotten her name now) the forensic examiner... anyway she said that she was torn between the two stains (the other being the bloody print stain) because testing one would compromise the other - she decided to test the print. This is my very general interpretation... hope it helps.
    Okay, now, enough! I was first drawn to this case because I thought Italian LE couldn't possibly be as inept and corrupt as some of AK's defender's claimed. I figured AK was guilty and American xenophobia and exceptionalism ("USA! USA! USA!") were hard at work.

    But now we have a pillowcase found underneath the body, which has a bloody footprint the prosecution attributes to a defendant, PLUS what appears to be semen near a crime in which the victim's vagina was penetrated.

    AND THE JUDGE DENIES THE DEFENSE'S REQUEST TO TEST THE PILLOWCASE?!?!?!

    But then later it was tested, but only the blood stain because the forensic examiner couldn't figure out how to test for both blood and semen?

    The bloody backwater that is Perugia makes Arkansas look sophisticated by comparison. And I'm no longer going to pretend otherwise out of a sense of political correctness.

    AK and RS should be released because they are trapped in a third-world country that is too inept to try anyone.

    (ETA sorry. Obviously, I'm on a rant here. It's been a long day. I honestly hope I have somehow misunderstood the rulings of the Perugia court.)
    Last edited by Nova; 04-17-2011 at 01:05 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    PerugiaLocations-pt0b - Fullscreen

    This shows great maps of the area and where phones dumped.

    On slide 9, guy seems to agree with my "nonesense" about no one being able to hear that scream due to the thick walls of the house, but he doesn't offer the possibility if the window is open.
    Thank you.

    So the phones were dumped closest to RG's house, but not so very from from RS' house.

    And RG certainly lived far enough away from the basketball courts that a request to use the girls' bathroom might not seem strange.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Okay, now, enough! I was first drawn to this case because I thought Italian LE couldn't possibly be as inept and corrupt as some of AK's defender's claimed. I figured AK was guilty and American xenophobia and exceptionalism ("USA! USA! USA!") were hard at work.

    But now we have a pillowcase found underneath the body, which has a bloody footprint the prosecution attributes to a defendant, PLUS what appears to be semen near a crime in which the victim's vagina was penetrated.

    AND THE JUDGE DENIES THE DEFENSE'S REQUEST TO TEST THE PILLOWCASE?!?!?!

    But then later it was tested, but only the blood stain because the forensic examiner couldn't figure out how to test for both blood and semen?

    The bloody backwater that is Perugia makes Arkansas look sophisticated by comparison. And I'm no longer going to pretend otherwise out of a sense of political correctness.

    AK and RS should be released because they are trapped in a third-world country that is too inept to try anyone.

    (ETA sorry. Obviously, I'm on a rant here. It's been a long day. I honestly hope I have somehow misunderstood the rulings of the Perugia court.)
    Oh man I am dying of laughter here I thought you knew this. Yes the DEFENSE requested this, and it was denied. It is also in RS's appeal again


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,679
    From RS's appeal

    The defense is requesting that testing be done on this stain. It was originally stated by the court that the stain could not be dated because Meredith was sexually active so there was no reason to test it. Forensics expert Francesco Vinci found this same substance smeared in one of Rudy's shoe prints on the pillow. This proves this substance was wet at the time of the murder so it must have been deposited on the pillow at that time. This discovery was made using Crimescope.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Check out this view

    Last edited by Salem; 04-28-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,679
    Amazing how far the vanity that AK dried her hair at is from the bidet

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    I don't see the problem testing it. Either it was her BF's, it was RG's, it was RS's, or MK had either cheated on her BF or not changed her sheets since before she met him.

    If it had come back RG or RS, or the BF, at least we'd know. Or it could ahve been another unknown partner of RG's.

    well, just best to leave it untested because that "Unknown" would screw up the perfect devil, sex killing scenerio.
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    Amazing how far the vanity that AK dried her hair at is from the bidet
    I know. I was wondering how she noticed the poo. Did it jump up like "Mr. Hanky" from South park?

    Hi-dee, hoo!

    Maybe it--like its maker--stank to high heaven.
    "If Jodi's lips are moving...if her pen is moving...then she lie, lie, lies!"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,679
    Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    I don't see the problem testing it. Either it was her BF's, it was RG's, it was RS's, or MK had either cheated on her BF or not changed her sheets since before she met him.

    If it had come back RG or RS, or the BF, at least we'd know. Or it could ahve been another unknown partner of RG's.

    well, just best to leave it untested because that "Unknown" would screw up the perfect devil, sex killing scenerio.
    I honestly believe that it already had been and they know the results

    I am though worried about Nova as a request like this from the defense should be a prosecutors dream come true

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,679
    Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    I know. I was wondering how she noticed the poo. Did it jump up like "Mr. Hanky" from South park?

    Hi-dee, hoo!

    Maybe it--like its maker--stank to high heaven.
    IIRC the reason she did not see it upon returning is she was told by ILE that by then it had sunk

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1204
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 11:48 PM
  2. Replies: 1063
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
  3. Replies: 1491
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 02:25 PM
  4. Replies: 1847
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 06:28 PM
  5. Replies: 1093
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 10:30 PM

Tags for this Thread