Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    I was backpacking way up in the mountains a long time ago. When we planned our trip, the forest ranger said the trailhead parking areas were totally safe and nothing ever happened. When we ended our trip and came down the mountain, we discovered our car had been riddled with bullets and some things taken from the trunk. There was a guitar and a suitcase in there that a fisherman found in a ravine.

When we got to the ranger station, we were told that a fugitive was holed up in a cabin and that's who probably did it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

Is there a nation wide alert going out on Holly ? In case she was taken out of state? Like a region specific BOLO covering the east coast or midwest or the whole county?

If this was a young person I suspect if Holly is alive and there is a car then if he may try to run to a larger place with a diverse population , Most young people think Fl or CA are places to run to but if he is a country person he may think VA or Kentucy but those places may seems to close so OHIO or OKlahoma. Might be considered as options.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    (OT: southern_scout... Love your avatar, your siggy, your username. One of my favorite books. )
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    Is there a nation wide alert going out on Holly ? In cae she was taken out of state? Like a region specific BOLO covering the east coast or midwest or the whole county?

If this was a young person I suspect if Holly is alive and there is a car then I suspect they will try to run to a larger place with a diverse population , Most young people think Fl or CA are places to run to but if he is a countty person he may think VA or Kentucy but those places may seems to close so OHIO or OKlahoma. Might be considered as options.
    I don't think there is a BOLO out for her

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by southern_scout View Post
    If this guy has been scouting her for a while, which it seems like he might have been, he's probably been through those woods and checked out every entrance/exit point and had a plan down pretty good. I think he was in and out of the woods before the first hour was up, and had hit the road somewhere. I don't think he's in those woods, and I don't think she's in those woods.
    heck the guy could live near them, He might go to school with them, Hang out with them, Grew up there, he could be on of her friends fathers, uncle, brother,

I really think its someone that lives very close to her.

Go watch The Lovely Bones!

What bothers me is why have we not seen any DOGS?????????

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuLa View Post
    That's how I'm leaning.
    My hunch as well

At first, I really thought this was someone she knew, but after so many days, it seems like word would have leaked out on the internet about that, if so. Now it does seem more like a stranger/stalker.

If they are finding her things in the woods, that is really weird that they have not found her...I thought her things would be scattered really close to home, as who was carrying all of that stuff while he was taking her thru that dense area?

One thing that seems hopeful, at least, is that they must think there is a chance she is alive, or I don't think they would call out 1000 people to look for her body. But realistically, unless she is still with him, not sure how long she could hold out, especially if she lost blood days ago.
    Just my opinion, of course.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    TBI: Media Update will be held at 2:00pm at north side of the fairgrounds.
    http://twitter.com/willnunley

for future reference this station carried it live yesterday:
    http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    TBI: 2pm presser to be held at Decatur County fairgrounds in regards to Holly Bobo missing person's case.

http://twitter.com/WSMV/statuses/59660999787159552
    that two hours
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    wonder if the presser is to announce the reward increase

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Natchez Trace Park rangers confirm at least 300-350 volunteers searching in the park for Holly Bobo right now.
    1 minute ago via web

http://twitter.com/WSMV/statuses/59661193232654336

wow... they seem to have concentrated a lot of the searchers into this one park
    I was look at his park this morning
    http://tennessee.gov/environment/parks/NatchezTrace/
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    The case that I keep thinking about is Kari Swenson

snip
    Though the rescue party had no way of knowing, Kari was right in their path, wrapped in a sleeping bag and lashed to a lodgepole pine with a dog chain, watched over by two men with guns who told her they would kill anyone who tried to save her. They had dragged her up the ridge from the trail after tying her wrist-to-wrist with the younger man. Toward dark they came to a swampy stand of pine and spruce where the men had already prepared a campsite. The older of the two was Don Nichols, 53, a lean, graying, bearded Montanan with an antipathy to mundane routine and a vision of himself as a latter-day Jim Bridger. The younger was his son, Danny, 19, a high school dropout who may well have wanted to quit the mountain-man lifestyle his father had forced on him most of his life. The two had been living in the backcountry since last August, wintering over in valleys that see six feet of snow. They lived in caves or dugouts and ate deer, ground squirrels and birds that they trapped with wire nooses. Kari was intended to be the son's woman

http://www.people.com/people/archive...088393,00.html
    I said somewhere back in the first thread that my very first thought was that of a 'mountain man coming down to claim his bride'.

In my opinion, the good side of this is that the perp has put a lot of planning into this and targeted Holly specifically. He has plans for her and prepared a place to keep her. With this much preparation, he will not kill her unless 1) he is pressed by authorities or 2) he tires of her.
    I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

They also need to look for a body concealed in the woods; in the Jodi Sanderholm case she was covered by brush & wood and leaves etc. the only way they found her was they noticed two fingers poking out of the brush.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    No, Please take it as that, Just a Rumor. We are at risk of having these boards shut down if we continue to address the rumored boyfriend/ RO.

No, SD have not picked up her scent.
    bbm...

We are allowed to discuss rumors if we say "this is rumor". we are not at risk of having these boards shut down if we discuss rumors.

There is a rumor that holley has an ex-boyfriend.

We are not allowed to speculate or victimize holly's brother or her current boyfriend as they have been named "cleared" by LE.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast