789 users online (69 members and 720 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Alternate theory PM'ed to me:

*note: this is a theory re: motive for someone other than BC to kill NC, not a statement or suggestion of fact*

*NC may have even been extorting money from someone.
    *Some of her friends knew about it.
    *These friends were aware she was planning to receive $ on 7/12 (thus an criminal act).
    *The person she was extorting from could be the biological father of her younger child if the father is in fact not BC.

Quote Originally Posted by jrb0124 View Post
    Is there any evidence or testimony to date that would make the explanation I posted above impossible? I really am curious.
    If she left on foot, the K9 squad would have picked up her scent.
    If she was not killed until after 7am, the blow fly larvae would not have been as large.
    If she received SMS or voice calls on her cell phone, the phone company would have records. There were no messages.
    If she dressed herself in that sport bra, it would not have been rolled under.

Just a thought has anyone considered the perp may not have been able to get her sports bra off. not on, just saying. If all of her other clothes were removed the sports bra could have been too difficult, but not for BC he had the the muscle to remove, perhaps a woman or a smaller man did not. Again just thinking...
    Winning is not everything, but losing has nothing to recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    If she left on foot, the K9 squad would have picked up her scent.
    If she was not killed until after 7am, the blow fly larvae would not have been as large.
    If she received SMS or voice calls on her cell phone, the phone company would have records. There were no messages.
    If she dressed herself in that sport bra, it would not have been rolled under.
    All of these are wrong!!

--The K9 search was too late--by double the time the dog had ever tracked. There was no way he was going to get a scent after that amount of time. It was useless testimony.

--The larvae is the exact same as it would have been if she were dumped at 11am or 4am. There is NO scientific significance to the results. The time isn't precise because there were only 4 maggots left, and because the flies don't oviposit at night. Again, useless testimony. He stated it was JUST as likely, based on the maggots, for body to be dumped at 11am as it was for 4am or prior.

--She did receive text messages on the 12th. They know who it was from, but not the content of the messages. I can't remember which of her friend's it was. No phone calls were recorded because none were answered. But she did have voicemails never listened to, and no indication of how many old texts.

--Sports bra rolling is not science. If someone places a sports bra on you, then it will go on smooth and straight. Try it. If however, someone is trying to remove the sports bra, or dragging a body, it can roll under. But it would be silly to attach qualifiers like "always" and "never" to sports bra rolling, when so many things make differences--body size, type, bra material, whether it's going on or off, etc.

Hate to be a thread pooper, but I can't think of single credible alternate theory.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by justthinking2008 View Post
    Just a thought has anyone considered the perp may not have been able to get her sports bra off. not on, just saying. If all of her other clothes were removed the sports bra could have been too difficult, but not for BC he had the the muscle to remove, perhaps a woman or a smaller man did not. Again just thinking...
    The way it was rolled is very telling. It was rolled under as it does and bunched up in the back as it does when you are putting it on, but haven't pulled it down yet. If it were being taken off, it would be rolled over.

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    The way it was rolled is very telling. It was rolled under as it does and bunched up in the back as it does when you are putting it on, but haven't pulled it down yet. If it were being taken off, it would be rolled over.
    It can be rolled that was if lifted up for access during a passionate moment as well. There is not one specific way that causes a sport bra to end up in that position.

If somebody was struggling to get the bra on and made it to the point where it was that far onto the body, simply unrolling it down does not take any extra effort at all. To imply it was left that way because it was difficult doesn't make sense. The difficult part was already done.

There are three ways Nancy could have been murdered:

A. Brad did it.
    B. Stranger did it.
    C. Someone else she knew did it.

You're sitting on A and maybe you aren't convinced; maybe you don't think it is even likely. So, you head off to B. There are some people who thought they saw her running that morning, or at least someone similar. That's promising! What else? Nothing else.

Ok, so you head off to C, maybe that's more solid. Exciting! A secret lover killed her, or maybe even a jealous lover of Brad's. Exciting! Problem: After two years, there is no evidence of this. None. Not even from Brad's lawyers. In fact, you're now going against the prosecution and the defense - since the defense cites witnesses who, if they did see her running, saw her running alone. Well, it was a good trip, but nothing to hang around for.

Back to B. You're holding here because of the running witnesses and that alone. You've got a bit of help from the mystery morning call, which goes against the prosecution timeline. Do you stay? Is it time to go back?

Well, back at A we've got: Brad having searched the dump site the day before the murder, Brad not giving the normal allowance the day before the murder, Brad cleaning certain hardwood floors early morning of the murder, Brad with a messy house and car but spotless trunk, Brad who makes 6 am trips to HT on the morning of the murder, Brad who wears different shoes in a 20 minute span the morning of the murder, Brad who lied in his deposition about many facts, Brad who was up the night of the murder apparently reading Nancy's e-mails, Brad who logged in as Nancy on her computer after the murder, Brad who was googling up lawyers and NC's most wanted when his wife's body was on a slab. Brad who was googling airline tix to Canada and Canada jobs while his wife was missing. Old 2 left feet running shoe Brad.

Do you feel maybe just a little alone with that one thing going for B and so much happening back at A?

Now it seems certain it was A, B or C. Somebody killed Nancy. She didn't dump herself. C is meritless on the facts (though not as a hypothetical). B has a fact on its side. A - well A is too modest to have me repeat its merits.

Ok, come on back to A now. :-) The grass wasn't greener at B & C after all.
    Last edited by gritguy; 04-17-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Gritguy, I was following you just fine until this sentence

You've got a bit of help from the mystery morning call, which goes against the prosecution timeline.
    Are you referring to the 6:40am call as the mystery call? And if yes, how does that go against the pros. timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Gritguy, I was following you just fine until this sentence

Are you referring to the 6:40am call as the mystery call? And if yes, how does that go against the pros. timeline?
    My understanding is that the defense alleges NC was alive and at home and called BC as he got to HT, thereby going against the theory she was murdered before that. The prosecution has alleged that he could have caused that call to occur himself to support the idea she was murdered earlier.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    There were quite a few calls that morning on BC cell phone. Some with data use, some into voicemail, usage of cell phone seen on video at HT checkout line. Starting at 6:05am and up through 6:40am and beyond. 3 calls checking VM in a 10 min span. 6:25am call with data usage. 6:34am call pinging off of cell nearest to NC body dump site. A few mysteries in there.

Quote Originally Posted by gritguy View Post
    My understanding is that the defense alleges NC was alive and at home and called BC as he got to HT, thereby going against the theory she was murdered before that. The prosecution has alleged that he could have caused that call to occur himself to support the idea she was murdered earlier.
    There were quite a few calls that morning on BC cell phone. Some with data use, some into voicemail, usage of cell phone seen on video at HT checkout line. Starting at 6:05am and up through 6:40am and beyond. 3 calls checking VM in a 10 min span. 6:25am call with data usage. 6:34am call pinging off of cell nearest to NC body dump site. A few mysteries in there.
    Good point. Man, the real estate at A is going to get very crowded!

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthinNC View Post
    It can be rolled that was if lifted up for access during a passionate moment as well. There is not one specific way that causes a sport bra to end up in that position.

If somebody was struggling to get the bra on and made it to the point where it was that far onto the body, simply unrolling it down does not take any extra effort at all. To imply it was left that way because it was difficult doesn't make sense. The difficult part was already done.
    It would if he were suddenly interrupted by a child. And that's all the farther he got before a child saw mommy dead on the floor.

Another alt theory PM'ed to me:

without posting the details (might border on TOS violation), it involves a conspiracy to falsify evidence of domestic violence in order to force (vs pursue through the normal means) a change in "living arrangements".

Let me help you with this, I have been a Network Field Engineer for a cellular company for 14 years. The location of these 2 towers so close to each other, he could have hit off of either one sitting in his living room, and the hit the one closer to HT standing on Fielding Drive. The location of the towers has nothing to do in this case due to closeness of towers of where the phone was at the time the call was made. Sorry, but it is true.
    Winning is not everything, but losing has nothing to recommend it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast