986 users online (148 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

alternate theory

- in CPD interview, JP said that his ex (KP) had called NC about the alienation of affection suit she had against HM. NC had goods on HM that would help in this lawsuit (HM affair with BC)

- NC calls JP to ask about these calls and the lawsuit (JP said this in CPD interview). NC also has goods on JP (Halloween night)

- flurry of calls between NC & JP in the next month (that were lied about in CPD interview). NC meets JP at coffee house (brings the young daughter in question)

- JP and HM are now dating

- NC is doing some type of bargaining with JP and HM. She won't spill their beans (about NC and JP -- and HM and BC) for some $$$ (hence the money she was purportedly going to be receiving soon)

- JP agrees to meet NC Sat. am for a run. Of course, NC doesn't tell anyone about this "rendevous"

- On the run, HM is hiding somewhere, comes out from behind a bush and trips NC (thus the trama on her left knee) and she strangles her from behind as NC is laying face down (reinforcing MH's theory of a woman attacker)

- JP and HM have each other for alibis Fri. night and Sat.

Why oh why would HM go out looking for NC on Sat. night in the dark, since they obviously weren't good friends anymore (after the BC/HM thing)

Did ANYONE see that CPD testimony of JP? And the crazy comments about mysterious MICHAEL? Was that just me or an obvious effort to divert the police to somebody who didn't exist?
    Last edited by djal; 05-03-2011 at 11:10 PM.

I will add one more alt theory PM'ed to me (forgot to do this last week):

NC was involved with someone else local (aside from possibly JP).
    This person was married.
    This person's wife saw/heard something incriminating.
    This person's wife murdered NC.
    This person's wife had reason to create an alibi, set the investigation in motion ASAP, and 'assist' with it in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by jrb0124 View Post
    I will add one more alt theory PM'ed to me (forgot to do this last week):

NC was involved with someone else local (aside from possibly JP).
    This person was married.
    This person's wife saw/heard something incriminating.
    This person's wife murdered NC.
    This person's wife had reason to create an alibi, set the investigation in motion ASAP, and 'assist' with it in some capacity.
    I think you can add some odd jealousy/stalker type behaviors here too.
    Hoisted with his own Petard

IMHYAO, the only alternate theory, and the one that I believe to be true, is that it was a random killing with the original intent of sexual assault.

Besides the actual evidence pointing to BC's innocence, the main reason I believe that he did not do it is that it simply doesn't make logical sense.

The problem is, neither does any alternate theory of someone that knew her. They would have either had to set up a meeting with her (if so, who doesn't take their cell phone with them???) or stalked her and knew exactly what time she would run and where. Neither make sense.

No, the only plausible alternate theory, actually the only plausible explanation, is that it was a random attack.

Another theory I have seen floated around is a murder for hire potentially involving the van sightings and the mysterious dark vehicles parked across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by oenophile View Post
    IMHYAO, the only alternate theory, and the one that I believe to be true, is that it was a random killing with the original intent of sexual assault.

Besides the actual evidence pointing to BC's innocence, the main reason I believe that he did not do it is that it simply doesn't make logical sense.

The problem is, neither does any alternate theory of someone that knew her. They would have either had to set up a meeting with her (if so, who doesn't take their cell phone with them???) or stalked her and knew exactly what time she would run and where. Neither make sense.

No, the only plausible alternate theory, actually the only plausible explanation, is that it was a random attack.
    The reason I don't think it was random is because of the purposely erased and destroyed blackberry and the very strange actions of some of the friends. My gut tells me someone knew something. There has to be more to this case than the official story.

This is a new thought - unless mistaken (then apologies) I've not seen this issue raised.

We know BC was controlling; mean and cut off Nancy. He was all about himself - his website acutely demonstrates and reiterates his "I'm Big, Powerful, Achieving, Training Brad Cooper" ego - almost as if his audience missed him with his "I'm Back!!!!" quips. All of his races/marathons/events required immense training, long hours & exhaustive efforts to compete over many years.

Brad was for BC and no-one else, IMO. That he loved his kids is not disputed one iota. Tho I do believe he used them as weapons to press NC's wrong buttons - but that's MOO.

We know for sure BC neglected general everyday cleanliness and hygiene. Never cleaned up from the second NC shut the door behind her on vacation to Canada circa 3 weeks before her murder.

He also appeared paranoid over NC's communication, so much so that he cunningly set and changed her email-settings to ensure he would see her forwarded emails, sometimes before NC saw them; all unbeknown to NC. Devious. Disturbingly so. This is silent, cunning, unlawful "spying" in my book. Always trying to be one step ahead? Afraid he'd miss something? There was immense tension in that house. He sure bullied NC. Cut her off from finances and did nothing about her Green Card.

As soon as he saw the DV / Sep Agreement draft he must have plunged into an inner rage.... Again, paranoia to Fear of Loss? Hmmmm:

Is it *possible* ... that BC may have been on steroids? We know that inner roid-rage affects those closest. Look at what Chris Benoit (and then some) did to his entire family? Inner rage; revenge. Hate. Paranoia and a dreaded fear of loss - sparked by a sense of diminished self-value and depression. Roid-ridden slow and constant degradation of a once healthy stable and successful mind & body.

So: I wonder IF, if if if IF ... BC was, or had been on steroids and never told anyone. To me he's a cheater ... and cheaters stop at nothing. It's all their image, their story, their gain. A simmering rage may have built up chemically as well as emotionally.

Thoughts? The above out of the question?

JMOO

Quote Originally Posted by PolkSaladAnnie View Post
    This is a new thought - unless mistaken (then apologies) I've not seen this issue raised.

We know BC was controlling; mean and cut off Nancy. He was all about himself - his website acutely demonstrates and reiterates his "I'm Big, Powerful, Achieving, Training Brad Cooper" ego - almost as if his audience missed him with his "I'm Back!!!!" quips. All of his races/marathons/events required immense training, long hours & exhaustive efforts to compete over many years.

Brad was for BC and no-one else, IMO. That he loved his kids is not disputed one iota. Tho I do believe he used them as weapons to press NC's wrong buttons - but that's MOO.

We know for sure BC neglected general everyday cleanliness and hygiene. Never cleaned up from the second NC shut the door behind her on vacation to Canada circa 3 weeks before her murder.

He also appeared paranoid over NC's communication, so much so that he cunningly set and changed her email-settings to ensure he would see her forwarded emails, sometimes before NC saw them; all unbeknown to NC. Devious. Disturbingly so. This is silent, cunning, unlawful "spying" in my book. Always trying to be one step ahead? Afraid he'd miss something? There was immense tension in that house. He sure bullied NC. Cut her off from finances and did nothing about her Green Card.

As soon as he saw the DV / Sep Agreement draft he must have plunged into an inner rage.... Again, paranoia to Fear of Loss? Hmmmm:

Is it *possible* ... that BC may have been on steroids? We know that inner roid-rage affects those closest. Look at what Chris Benoit (and then some) did to his entire family? Inner rage; revenge. Hate. Paranoia and a dreaded fear of loss - sparked by a sense of diminished self-value and depression. Roid-ridden slow and constant degradation of a once healthy stable and successful mind & body.

So: I wonder IF, if if if IF ... BC was, or had been on steroids and never told anyone. To me he's a cheater ... and cheaters stop at nothing. It's all their image, their story, their gain. A simmering rage may have built up chemically as well as emotionally.

Thoughts? The above out of the question?

JMOO

First, that was an insane DV/Settlement agreement to begin with. It would never have gone through. He did go to an attorney but no money to pay for it. Did he know that agreement was not worth the paper it was written on? I do not know. If he did not, then he could have been enraged. I tend to think somewhere he found out how one sided it was. As to steroids, they can make you do some pretty bad things. I believe Jeffrey McDonald was on steroids and we see how ugly things turned for him. He was also very self-centered. If I remember correctly, BC had stopped training to give more time to the kids so honestly, I am doubting the steroids were a factor.

I personally think the verbal abuse from NC (perhaps justified) in public had to make him upset. Others say "No". Clearly these two people needed seperate living arrangements. I think both had affairs so I doubt the affairs would be an issue.

I answered a previous message of yours on the other post. Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
    First, that was an insane DV/Settlement agreement to begin with. It would never have gone through. He did go to an attorney but no money to pay for it. Did he know that agreement was not worth the paper it was written on? I do not know. If he did not, then he could have been enraged. I tend to think somewhere he found out how one sided it was. As to steroids, they can make you do some pretty bad things. I believe Jeffrey McDonald was on steroids and we see how ugly things turned for him. He was also very self-centered. If I remember correctly, BC had stopped training to give more time to the kids so honestly, I am doubting the steroids were a factor.

I personally think the verbal abuse from NC (perhaps justified) in public had to make him upset. Others say "No". Clearly these two people needed seperate living arrangements. I think both had affairs so I doubt the affairs would be an issue.

I answered a previous message of yours on the other post. Welcome back.
    Cody, thanks for the welcome back

Yes, a tough agreement - but due to BC it never became the final agreement, sadly. And we *all* know that almost every good lawyer goes for ultra-max - to ensure their client gets at least close to halfway at the end of the day. The document was not complete; it was not finished - it was a draft. A draft meant for NC's eyes only. Further negotiation / tweaking was obviously required. BC should not have snooped on NC's privacy and allowed legal-eagles battle it out. BDDI's make the mistake of assuming the draft was the final. it wasn't. Had BC not been so paranoid and scheming, he may have had a better agreement to deal with. In a DV you're never going to get 2 happy people. I know. Went through one 20 years ago! Leaving it to lawyers lessens the emotion. (Not according to BC, tho).

Whooaaa! I'd also diss my husband if I returned home from 2 weeks and my house looked like a slimy vagrant's squatter camp, infested with bugs! Aside from the resent and venom both showed for each other - that was the pits. I'd be mortified - I'd have taken photos. Thank God NC called in pest-control. They saw the state of that house and testified as much (and to the state of the garage).

BC and NC yelled at each other whenever their blood boiled - 2 witnesses testified to that - outside the school parking lot. This wasn't only NC trashing BC. To massage their acrimonious relationship into only NC yelling is ludicrous. That makes BC seem a wimp. He was an emotional, cold, cunning and calculating bully, IMO.

Theirs was a brittle, explosive, volatile relationship on its last lap in the relationship cycle. Both screamed at each other. The only difference, I think is that not one cell in NC's body or make-up ever graduated her to believing murder to be not just an option - but a plan.

IMOO, of course - and always....

2 views, 2 minds ... maybe. Tho there was one killer.

[QUOTE=PolkSaladAnnie;6436523]Cody, thanks for the welcome back

Yes, a tough agreement - but due to BC it never became the final agreement, sadly. And we *all* know that almost every good lawyer goes for ultra-max - to ensure their client gets at least close to halfway at the end of the day. The document was not complete; it was not finished - it was a draft. A draft meant for NC's eyes only. Further negotiation / tweaking was obviously required. BC should not have snooped on NC's privacy and allowed legal-eagles battle it out. BDDI's make the mistake of assuming the draft was the final. it wasn't. Had BC not been so paranoid and scheming, he may have had a better agreement to deal with. In a DV you're never going to get 2 happy people. I know. Went through one 20 years ago! Leaving it to lawyers lessens the emotion. (Not according to BC, tho).

Whooaaa! I'd also diss my husband if I returned home from 2 weeks and my house looked like a slimy vagrant's squatter camp, infested with bugs! Aside from the resent and venom both showed for each other - that was the pits. I'd be mortified - I'd have taken photos. Thank God NC called in pest-control. They saw the state of that house and testified as much (and to the state of the garage).

BC and NC yelled at each other whenever their blood boiled - 2 witnesses testified to that - outside the school parking lot. This wasn't only NC trashing BC. To massage their acrimonious relationship into only NC yelling is ludicrous. That makes BC seem a wimp. He was an emotional, cold, cunning and calculating bully, IMO.

Theirs was a brittle, explosive, volatile relationship on its last lap in the relationship cycle. Both screamed at each other. The only difference, I think is that not one cell in NC's body or make-up ever graduated her to believing murder to be not just an option - but a plan.

IMOO, of course - and always

I never said NC was the only one that yelled in this relationship. I believe you asked for alternate theories or reasons and stated use of steroids. Honestly I do not believe he was on steroids, but I have no proof of that. I merely stated that NC did yell at him and ran him down frequently with everyone and that she was particularly irate with him that Friday night. That is a fact and it is possibly a great explanation for what might have set him off that night (if he did kill NC). To the best of my knowledge, only two people know for sure who killed her and that is the killer and NC. Anything else is our opinion based on facts and reasoning. There are counter arguments to each point that was made but I want to stay around and do not want to run down the list. We can agree that it was a bad relationship in the last lap and they should not have been living together. And yes, I do agree NC never expressed fear of BC. I don't know BC so I honestly can't evaluate his personality type other than he was apparently very shy socially.

Quote Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
    I never said NC was the only one that yelled in this relationship. I believe you asked for alternate theories or reasons and stated use of steroids. Honestly I do not believe he was on steroids, but I have no proof of that. I merely stated that NC did yell at him and ran him down frequently with everyone and that she was particularly irate with him that Friday night. That is a fact and it is possibly a great explanation for what might have set him off that night (if he did kill NC). To the best of my knowledge, only two people know for sure who killed her and that is the killer and NC. Anything else is our opinion based on facts and reasoning. There are counter arguments to each point that was made but I want to stay around and do not want to run down the list. We can agree that it was a bad relationship in the last lap and they should not have been living together. And yes, I do agree NC never expressed fear of BC. I don't know BC so I honestly can't evaluate his personality type other than he was apparently very shy socially.
    OK - I got you, thanks for that, cody. Think they were hell at each others nerves 99% of the time. Maybe BC kept in control more in front of her friends, knowing NC spoke of what was going on.

I don't have any alternate theories on the murder - but possibilities or rather arbitrary thoughts on what else was going on in, or affecting BC's mind. Such an avid, exhaustive trainer made me wonder if he was quietly roid-ridden. I've seen what roids do to a temper in a strong man (b/f of a friend years back). Then read reports and read ghastly stories. It's not pretty .... maybe, maybe not.

Just wonderin. Thanks for your reply, cody.

OK - I got you, thanks for that, cody. Think they were hell at each others nerves 99% of the time. Maybe BC kept in control more in front of her friends, knowing NC spoke of what was going on.

I don't have any alternate theories on the murder - but possibilities or rather arbitrary thoughts on what else was going on in, or affecting BC's mind. Such an avid, exhaustive trainer made me wonder if he was quietly roid-ridden. I've seen what roids do to a temper in a strong man (b/f of a friend years back). Then read reports and read ghastly stories. It's not pretty .... maybe, maybe not.

Just wonderin. Thanks for your reply, cody.
    If he were training, I might be inclined to say he might be on steroids. It is a very good point though and he might have been on steroids. Yes, roids make people do ugly things. As I said earlier, I believe Jeffrey McDonald did take steroids in an effort to compete for an event or promotion, and was that ever an ugly scene. I remember at the time that nobody could believe such a nice guy could do that. And interestingly enough, the military police were criticized heavily for their investigation. In the end, physical evidence was a big factor in his conviction along with a relatively unknown scientist who worked in the Laboratory of the FBI. I remember hearing her testify for the first time and she did a great job.

Cody, thanks for the welcome back

IMOO, of course - and always....

2 views, 2 minds ... maybe. Tho there was one killer.
    I just don't think this is true. Some attorneys may operate this way, but not all and definitely not all good ones. One thing you have to keep in mind is that NC had to approve of that proposal as written prior to it being sent to BC. Which is the other point, I don't recall whether NC or AS emailed the agreement to BC, but it was provided to him (even though he may have seen it prior due to his email snooping).

Re-listening to some of Det. JY testimony. Remember the "I found these documents on the kitchen table" fiasco? For those who think it is wrong to question the misleading practices of BOZ, you might want to check that out. It is a great example.

Day 12, pt 3. about 37:47

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthinNC View Post
    Re-listening to some of Det. JY testimony. Remember the "I found these documents on the kitchen table" fiasco? For those who think it is wrong to question the misleading practices of BOZ, you might want to check that out. It is a great example.

Day 12, pt 3. about 37:47
    No kidding.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast