1342 users online (330 members and 1012 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL~Herman Mayer arrested for impregnating 11 year old girl

This poor little girl. This type of situation is the single reason I support the ability of children to seek abortions without parental notification. You just have to wonder how many girls suffer abortions at home or who are killed or spirited away as men know that the aborted fetuses will be DNA matched. I've always wondered why a child can't be immediately assigned some sort of advocate, even if she won't ID the father. I worry so much about little girls having medical complications or ramifications from the rapist. Does anyone on board have knowledge as to how sad cases like this are handled?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ar-old/1162064

Zephyrhills [FL] man accused of impregnating 11-year-old

"Herman A. Mayer Jr., a 47-year-old plumber, is accused of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old girl.

The child became pregnant and had the pregnancy terminated at three months, according to the Zephyrhills Police Department. DNA tests confirmed Mayer was the father, authorities said. Mayer had sex with [RAPED!!] the victim on "numerous" occasions between October and February..."

and

"...Mayer was arrested Tuesday at his home at 6265 Timberly Lane in the Eiland Park Townhomes community of Zephyrhills. He is charged with sexual battery on a child younger than 12. Mayer told investigators he works as a plumber at Alpine Plumbing in Odessa...."

more at link

Just curious. Is DNA kept on file for every fetus aborted from a minor? In other words, if a man is arrested years later for a sex crime, could the fetus be connected to him via DNA and charges brought against him?

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Just curious. Is DNA kept on file for every fetus aborted from a minor? In other words, if a man is arrested years later for a sex crime, could the fetus be connected to him via DNA and charges brought against him?
    That would be awesome. Could you imagine? 48 year old man arrested for some crime that would require a swab. Sample matches him to a fetus aborted ten years earlier when the mother was just 14. That would be statutory rape, unfortunately that's obviously not always enough to garner the charge, though. This man raped an 11 yo. He's being charged with sexual battery. I'm not dismissing what sexual battery is, but it can be as little as groping. Takes more than that to get a child pregnant.

What a terricle situation, and the DNA question is a good one... I wonder.... An 11 year old should never have to deal with being pregnant... So sad.

I spent about an hour today researching this and can't seem to find a definitive answer. Why else would they keep the DNA if not for a later charge? It would be good to think that this keeps some guys up at night and on the straight and narrow after an earlier unreported crime.

I know, an eleven year old. My guess is that she disclosed as I seriously doubt that she would have known she was pregnant at only three months--being so young. I'm very hopeful that she got help early on and that it's continuing.