MI - Man finds newborn alive in dumpster

MorenoI

Reaction score
http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox...ty-apartment-complex-20110414,0,7934072.story

John VanDenBos went to the Mill Creek Apartments in the 6800 block of Mill Creek Drive, behind his home Thursday night, something he didn't initially plan to do. "Something just told me I need to go, I need to go," John VanDenBos told FOX 17 News. "So I got my coat on, usually I go down through here and around, this time I cut through and I went over to the dumpster, there was a box, when I moved the box, I seen a little hand come up."

Thank god for John, she has been name April Doe. Why do people continue to do this. This state has a safe haven law.

If a mother gives birth to an unwanted child, the Michigan Safe Haven Law allows her to turn the infant in to certain emergency workers without facing any penalty of the law

I would gradly take in this little angel!

I think whatever monster dumped her in a dumpster deserves prison for life.

However Safe haven isn't as anonymous as they make it seem unfortunately.
Several times I've read articles from around the US where they do a big write up in the paper about a baby being turned over to safe haven in person or else left at a safe haven Like on a bench under the safe haven sign and they put in the article.. We'd REALLY like to talk to the mother of the baby, please call us... or we're actively searching for the mother of the cild to make sure she's ok...
Things like that.. i think the write ups in the papers and on the news and the guise of wanting to make sure the mother is ok, can push mother away from using safe haven...
MOO

ITA peeples. and it's a shame. Whats more is the fact that others will then judge the mother for realizing that she just couldn't handle a child. I say kudo's to her (NOT the mother that put the baby in the dumpster, but the mothers that drop children off when they know they just can't do it.) Thank goodness this man saved this baby :(

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox...ty-apartment-complex-20110414,0,7934072.story

John VanDenBos went to the Mill Creek Apartments in the 6800 block of Mill Creek Drive, behind his home Thursday night, something he didn't initially plan to do. "Something just told me I need to go, I need to go," John VanDenBos told FOX 17 News. "So I got my coat on, usually I go down through here and around, this time I cut through and I went over to the dumpster, there was a box, when I moved the box, I seen a little hand come up."

Thank god for John, she has been name April Doe. Why do people continue to do this. This state has a safe haven law.

If a mother gives birth to an unwanted child, the Michigan Safe Haven Law allows her to turn the infant in to certain emergency workers without facing any penalty of the law

I would gradly take in this little angel!

For the record, all 50 states have a safe haven law. All 50, so there is no excuse in any state. However, there are times that I wonder how effective the advertising and awareness campaigns for these programs have been. Every state has slight differences in their surrender rules, the ages of the child, and the circumstances under which a mother can reclaim a child. Often, a mother would have to actively seek out the guidelines for Safe haven, and in most cases, if the woman is so far in denial that she won't find an adoption agency at any time in 9 months, she likely won't take the time to find a Safe Haven in three days. Until we start screaming it from the rooftops, advertising everywhere, and pounding it into everyone's heads from the time kids are grade school (I believe safe Haven should be covered in sex ed), the law will be ignored and babies will keep ending up in dumpsters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back