Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #7

Cameras at gas stations..stores ..car washes.all should be checked...also TDOT has cams on I-40 East and West.

http://ww2.tdot.state.tn.us/tsw/smartmap.htm

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burnin Daylight For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Emma, many of did read/hear about this thing with the car a few days ago...but LE has more than once said it was not true, and then yesterday in one story said they had looked at a car but it turned out to be not related, when pressed by reporters. So we really don't have any way of knowing if the car actually had the phone in it, as they have not officially said they have found the phone either, as far as I know.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...43-504083.html

Investigators have discovered several of Bobo's personal items, including her cell phone, purse, and lunch box.
    I know where you post.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

<modsnip>

Also right at the beginning it was mentioned that she had an exboyfriend who she had a restraining order against as he kept threatening to kill her. Does anyone else remember this being mentioned? and do we know if this is in fact correct?

If it is he to me would be no 1,2 and 3 suspect at the moment.
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 04-19-2011 at 02:45 AM. Reason: no scanner discussion upstairs
    REVAMPZ

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to revampz For This Useful Post:

I read this, but I don't know if LE said anything about the phone. I am confused on the phone, especially.
    Just my opinion, of course.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I will transcbe LE and family statements, if anyone wants to send me links. That way we have them in print should they disappear later or if there are those that can't view the videos for whatever reason.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I read this, but I don't know if LE said anything about the phone. I am confused on the phone, especially.
    At the presser LE was asked specifically about the phone and camo - he said that they were not talking about what evidence has been collected (paraphrased, but this was today).

(correction that was YESTERDAYS presser! sheeze time for me to go to bed, its already tomorrow!)
    Last edited by redfish; 04-19-2011 at 03:02 AM.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:

I'm going to switch to the laptop and start transcription. These probably won't have the length of some of the others that I've done, since I will be focusing on LE and the family statements, but maybe along the way, I will find a statement that's been missed or misquoted, and that would help. I'll try to break it down day by day, to make them easier to find.

(ETA: I have a toothache, so I'll be up for awhile, if there's anything that needs a rush put on it, link it.)

I don't think the investigation is expecting to turn up either a live victim or to stumble upon a living suspect out in the woods during their search. That is, they aren't expecting to stumble upon Holly alive being held captive somewhere by someone.

However, I don't think they've ruled out the above completely, it just is the least likely scenario.

If they did think that Holly was being held out in these search areas by someone capable of violence, I don't think they'd have unarmed civilian volunteers stumbling through these woods. If the volunteers came up on this dangerous person holding Holly, what would happen? If even 1 civilian volunteer were injured or killed, it'd be too many.

I think the investigation is leveraging the outpouring of support and volunteer activity to collect and accumulate evidence. And the evidence they are collecting appears to be of two kinds:

(i) true, actual evidence of what happened, which will lead the investigation down the path to finding out what happened.

(ii) evidence deliberately placed in locations by individual(s) intending to lead the investigation down the wrong path.

I think they have a list of POI potentially responsible for the latter (and the former, of course) who are thus also POI in terms of the actual missing person case.

However, I don't think they have enough evidence or are confident enough in their theory to publicly switch the matter from a search and rescue to a criminal investigation, even tho privately LE has already done so.

IMO/YMMV/just a theory.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thesaint For This Useful Post:

I keep thinking all the same things... but I can't get past my own experiences.

I can assure you.... we were not looking for a live Elizabeth Smart chained to a tree.

I believe I was probably one of a VERY small minority that even had that thought cross their mind. Then even I thought I was nuts, surely he had taken her out of the area immediately.

We were not expecting to come across a guy who promised to kill anyone who found them. That thought didn't even cross my mind I don't believe.

I kept thinking.... They have the advantage if they are hiding out there. We are looking for something we aren't even sure is there. They can hear us... they know we are there looking and they can see us coming and be ready for us.

I still have a great amount of hope that Holly is alive.
    For the same reasons I thought that about Elizabeth, Sarah and Shasta. I believe this was planned, plotted, carried out... that's a lot of work to just kill someone. If there isn't an angry ex husband (like Venus Stewart had) then this much effort tends to indicate a desire to keep the victim.

I also see similarities in Holly and Elizabeth. I think that Holly could also be underestimated like Elizabeth was. I think Holly could also be stronger and more able to handle the situation than we expect.

Quote Originally Posted by thesaint View Post
    I don't think the investigation is expecting to turn up either a live victim or to stumble upon a living suspect out in the woods during their search. That is, they aren't expecting to stumble upon Holly alive being held captive somewhere by someone.

However, I don't think they've ruled out the above completely, it just is the least likely scenario.

If they did think that Holly was being held out in these search areas by someone capable of violence, I don't think they'd have unarmed civilian volunteers stumbling through these woods. If the volunteers came up on this dangerous person holding Holly, what would happen? If even 1 civilian volunteer were injured or killed, it'd be too many.

I think the investigation is leveraging the outpouring of support and volunteer activity to collect and accumulate evidence. And the evidence they are collecting appears to be of two kinds:

(i) true, actual evidence of what happened, which will lead the investigation down the path to finding out what happened.

(ii) evidence deliberately placed in locations by individual(s) intending to lead the investigation down the wrong path.

I think they have a list of POI potentially responsible for the latter (and the former, of course) who are thus also POI in terms of the actual missing person case.

However, I don't think they have enough evidence or are confident enough in their theory to publicly switch the matter from a search and rescue to a criminal investigation, even tho privately LE has already done so.

IMO/YMMV/just a theory.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

4/14/2011
    Sheriff Roy Wyatt:
    "We're tracking down every lead that we've got, uh, we've called in different agencies, we've had tracking dogs, we've had helicopters, uh, everything that we could get, we've had here looking for the young lady.:
    N. Bobo (cousin):
    "Just anybody that can help, c'mon and help us, please."
    http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/14/co...d-in-apparent/

D Bobo:
    "I'm Dana Bobo. We live here close. This is my wife Karen. Our daughter was, our daughter was taken from us yesterday morning about 8 o'clock from our house, going to school. We've got thousands of people, the police is here helping us, we've got friends and neighbors, we've got people I don't even know that's been here helping us, since 8 o'clock yesterday morning. What I'd like to do is help, ask for any help, if anybody can help us try to locate, find, and bring home our daughter, to please help, in any way. If you can call, if you've seen her or anything, try to get the information back to these fine law enforcement that have been here with us since the start, and, uh, get us some information to try to get our daughter back to the house, please."
    Reporter asks what they would say to Holly if she were listening:
    D. Bobo:
    "I would tell her I love her, I want her to call us please, in any way she can get in touch with us whatsoever, text, anything. To try to get in touch with us for where they can pinpoint us a way to go to get her."
    Reporter asks if they are still hopeful:
    D Bobo:
    "Yes ma'am, we are help, hopeful that she's gonna be brought back, soon, and, uh..."
    Reporter asks if they can figure out anyone that would want to do this:
    D. Bobo:
    "Uh, no sir, I don't. Uh, way it looks to me myself, it might have been somebody close, somebody that kinda knew our routine, and knew when I left, and when she left [indicates wife], and when my daughter left to go to school, is what I've got in my mind, but I don't know that for sure. Okay, Karen would you like to say something? Be strong."
    K Bobo:
    "Holly, I love you so much. Please, please try to get home to us. And if anybody knows anything about her, please, please help us find her. She's just so precious, you just don't even know."
    D Bobo:
    "And all the people that's already helped us, thank you, keep us in your prayers, please."
    (At this point Karen is being physically supported by her husband and LE calls an end to questions.)
    K Bobo:
    "I just want her back."
    (Karen pretty much collapses at this point and is walked back to waiting unmarked car by her husband and LEO.)
    Sheriff:
    "We just send a plea out to whomever might be listening and watching to help this family. We can only imagine what they go through. They need your help. Thank you."
    http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14...catur-co-woman

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I'll move on to videos from the fifteenth here in a minute, but I just have to say,

HER NAME IS HOLLY BOBO, NOT "WHITNEY DUNCAN'S COUSIN". And by the way, dear news editors, if you have to identify her as a famous person's cousin, please have the decency to make the big picture of Holly, and the little picture of the famous cousin. Thank you, that is all.

4/15/2011

reporter asks for updates on progress:
    Sheriff Wyatt:
    "Uh, We've still got search teams, had em out yesterday up until the early part of the night. Uh, the weathers gonna play a large part today as to how that we uh, handle this. We've got forecasts of, uh, hail, uh, winds, and possible tornadoes today, so we'll wait and see how the weather plays out, uh, and how we will do our search today."
    Repoerter asks about the circumstances around her disappearance:
    Wyatt:
    "Uh, yessir, that's the way that it is being investigated at this time (that she was taken against her will.) We're looking at it, uh, as a crime, as a, uh, abduction, and, uh, we believe that she was taken against her will."
    Reporter asks about the boyfriend, stating that he is known for going turkey hunting in the early mornings wearing camo and where he fits into the investigation:
    Wyatt:
    "We have talked to every person that we know, every family member, every acquaintance, every person in that community, everybody has been interviewed and talked to, and we do not have a suspect at this time."
    Reporter points out that the TBI says boyfriend is not a suspect and that they can confirm his whereabouts when she went missing. Asks for further confirmation:
    Wyatt:
    "Uh, yessir, that be correct."
    Reporter asks how the family is handling this and when her family got worried:
    Wyatt:
    "Uh, it was shortly before, uh, we got the call at my office, which came in at 7:59 a.m. Uh, officers was dispatched, and then we uh, took it up there. The mother was there on the scene when we got there."
    Reporter says that the terrain and brush are so thick that the search dogs have to be carried through, asks if they think she is still there or has been taken out of the woods:
    Wyatt:
    "Well, we have no evidence at this time for us to believe anything else on what she is still not in that area. Uh, if there's anything develops then we will move out and we will be, uh, weather permitting, we will be expanding our search area today."
    reporter asks if the community is afraid:
    Wyatt:
    "Uh, no sir, they doesn't seem to be, afraid right now. they are more concerned about the family and finding Holly right now. That the only thing that's on everybody's heart and everybody's mind in Decatur County."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42588547...me_and_courts/

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

4/15/2011

"We have located some new articles that we believe are of interest," Mayor Michael Smith said.
    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-15/j...an?_s=PM:CRIME

Wyatt said, "We're still in our very early stages of investigation, following up every lead, everything that we can find, we're following up on it at this time."

"It has been great," he said. This community, as you know, we're in a rural area. The Bobo family live in a rural part of the county. The citizens of this county have turned out tremendously. They've provided food. They have provided search teams. Horseback, foot, we've covered a large area because of them. There's not enough law enforcement in this area to cover that. But the citizens have stepped up, and we're so very appreciative."
    http://www.volunteertv.com/home/head...119906384.html

"He actually had an arm holding her, so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life. So she was complying with his demands," said John Mehr, an agent with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...70-504083.html

"The boyfriend is not a suspect. The brother is not a suspect," Mehr said. "We are confident of that."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42613907...me_and_courts/

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

4/16/2011:

John Mehr:
    "We believe with what we know, and I'll tell you, he actually had her by the arm, holding her, and so we feel that she knew she was in fear of her life, and so she was complying with his demands."
    Mehr:
    "We did find a lunch purse that was dropped."
    reporter introduces Lt, and asks him to dispel rumors from the day before:
    Lt. Brad Willbanks:
    "Well, uh, right, of course our goal is to find Holly. Agent mehr with TBI was able to put to rest the rumors about, and maybe change the wording, I think the word dragged was, might could have been, I think the word led should have been used. Had a lot of misconceptions out, the brother, the boyfriend, just that kind of things, and I'm glad to see Agent Mehr was able to do that, so it put the county at a little more rest."
    Reporter reiterates that brother and bf have been cleared, asks about the lunch box:
    Willbanks:
    "Uh, it's positive identification, and as Agent Mehr alluded to, it's a clue, uh, they're analyzing all, all their center now."
    Reporter asks about report of blood in driveway:
    Willbanks:
    ""Yes, yesterday, in a press conference, Agent Mehr was able to confirm that there was an area of blood found outside, outside the door there."
    Reporter asks about the duct tape that their cameras filmed the discovery of and if it was a lead:
    Willbanks:
    "Well, you can imagine the, the number of people we had out yesterday. They found several things, identified it, bagged it, the authorities carried it back to TBI. They went through several things during the night. Agent Mehr may allude to that today or tomorrow, uh, to their findings of it."
    Reporter comments on how extraordinary the support for the family is:
    Willbanks:
    "Absolutely. And of course, I see things on TV; tornadoes hit different towns and they come together and that's a good thing to see, but yesterday I learned a new meaning why they call Tennessee the volunteer state.

Mehr said investigators "did not see drag marks." He added she was "not forcefully dragged and she's like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods".

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker..."

"There is not a person of interest at this time," he said.

"Folks, this is getting good now. Things are happening fast," a state investigator told a crowd of volunteers at the makeshift staging ground in Parsons. (I won't even make personal comment as to how insensitive I feel that statement is.)

"It's very possible that he could have known her, could have known her daily routine. We're following up on everything we possibly can," said Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt.
    "As long as we keep our faith that she is alive."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-...3389409&page=2

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Holly Bobo case: Brother and boyfriend not ruled out
    April 18th, 2011 9:18 pm CT .

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nas...-not-ruled-out

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybug For This Useful Post:

April 18, 2011 2:29 PM
    No one ruled out in Holly Bobo disappearance, say Tenn. police

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...tml?tag=latest

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybug For This Useful Post:

In Disappearance of Holly Bobo, No One Ruled Out as Suspect

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/18...ce-holly-bobo/

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybug For This Useful Post:

4/16/2011
    Mehr:
    "We're searching all different areas through Decatur County."
    Mehr:
    "...some in Carroll County, some in Henderson County, some in Benton County. Well, we just feel that she may be in this area." (referring to where they have searched and sent volunteers.)
    Mehr:
    "Yes, there's people calling in saying they say someone they thought was was her."
    Mehr, regarding the reports of blood (already confirmed by prior reports from Lt.):
    "We have not reported that, and we don't want to discuss any type of evidence nd the rumor mill that might be out there."
    http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news...o-mfo-20110416

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Bear in mind, the examiner is a blog, not a reliable news site, so take anything from them with a grain of salt unless it is linked to a reliable news sites article.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation had received an additional 30 leads Monday evening since Sunday's total of 250. Investigators hope the increased reward offer will generate more leads.

~~snip~~

"We have no indication otherwise," TBI Director Mark Gwyn said. "We did find blood at the scene, but not enough to lead us to believe that it was a life-threatening injury, so we've got to just hope and pray that she is still alive."

~~snip~~

"We know there was a lunch pail," Gwyn said. "We know there was blood."

He did not confirm if the blood was Bobo's and said investigators were focusing efforts on finding her.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...ward-Bobo-case
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Okay, another question: If the brother says he saw her being led away, but recent reports are saying he did not actually see her go, are we looking at an untruthful brother or misreporting media? Has there been any indication of which it is? This is the sort of thing that could easily be mis-reported, but if the brother were intentionally untruthful, it could change things in a big
    way.
    BBM...It is neither. This is a friendly reminder as we are a victim-friendly forum, please be mindful to not imply our victims may have any criminal involvement.

Holly's brother Clint did not give a statement to the media.

The media is reporting that IT WAS TBI WHO CHANGED THEIR OWN STATEMENT

<snipped from link>

The TBI previously reported her 25-year-old brother Clint saw her being dragged away from the carport of her home by a man wearing camouflage clothing, but Mehr clarified that description.

link ===> http://www.wsmv.com/news/27532916/detail.html

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:

4/17/2011

"We got lots of volunteers and we're continuing to do searches throughout the county in other areas and looking any type of leads that could help us in bringing Holly back," Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Mehr said.

"We also are getting tremendous amount of leads from all over the country throughout the United States. And so, we're following up on those leads as they come in and prioritizing the ones that aren't the urgent leads," he said. "We're continuing to ask people to call in and give us information on this case because we want to bring Holly back."

Interview with Whitney Duncan:
    Duncan:
    "She's beautiful, she's sweet, she's a good Christian girl, you know, kinda shy, quiet girl. Until you get to know her and then she's just funny and sweet and, she's amazing."
    "The family right now is trying to be strong, you know, it doesn't seem real, you know, that's the last phone call you ever expect to get, you know. And, um, it's a close family, so we're just trying to hold it together."
    "It's really moving, and makes us feel great that people out there, they do care so much and they, they're trying to find her and they want her home."

TBI Spokeswoman:
    "Think about somebody that you know that maybe cleaned out a car, reported a vehicle or an ATV stolen, um, excessively cleaned the ATV, or some unusual behavior"

Duncan:
    "We just want her back. No matter if you know, if anybody knows anything, um, that they might not even feel would be important, but if it is, anything, any details, anything weird that they've seen, they'll just come forward with all that. And, um, I hope they come forward with any information that could lead to getting her back."
    "Um, we need to go search. That's it."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-...3394953&page=2

"Both her brother and her boyfriend have been nothing but cooperative," Helm (TBI Spokeswoman) said again, "but we can't afford not to keep our minds open. Every detail counts."
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...st-tenn-woman/

"He's most likely a resident in this community," Helm said, "and this is a tight-knitted community where people know each other."

"You can imagine when you have 900 people volunteering here yesterday that they are going to find a lot things, some that's trash, some that's related to the investigation," Helm said. "We do believe there are other things related, but we will not disclose them at this time."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/17...#ixzz1Jxtcxyms

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jadejazzkayla View Post
    BBM...It is neither. This is a friendly reminder as we are a victim-friendly forum, please be mindful to not imply our victims may have any criminal involvement.

Holly's brother Clint did not give a statement to the media.

The media is reporting that IT WAS TBI WHO CHANGED THEIR OWN STATEMENT

<snipped from link>

The TBI previously reported her 25-year-old brother Clint saw her being dragged away from the carport of her home by a man wearing camouflage clothing, but Mehr clarified that description.

link ===> http://www.wsmv.com/news/27532916/detail.html
    Actually, it's being listed as mis-reporting in the dispelling of rumors by John Mehr of TBI. See transcripts above. It was misreporting...just misreported TO the media instead of BY the media...confusing either way. And to clarify, I was not implying anything, just asking, at a time when I was unsure. I doubt that the brother would have been so fast to notify if he was involved, but his emotional state could have bearing on how he remembered and reported what he saw. That's what I was trying to get a feel for. This is a tiny little community, and if they believed that he was involved, I'm sure it would have come out by now.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I don't think she could have been in a position to leave any sort of a trail; surely he would have had to restrain her in order to get her away from the area, no one imagines her going willingly into those woods.
    ...What if she was sitting directly behind the perp on his ATV?

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lerpiniere For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lerpiniere View Post
    ...What if she was sitting directly behind the perp on his ATV?
    Or in front of him, with him reaching around to steer? that would have kept her pretty well immobilized,and I know I wouldn't have had the guts to crash an ATV, even to try to get away. And I'm pretty gutsy, lol.

You know, as I've been hunting down direct LE statements, I've been keeping an eye on the comments pretty close too. No one has come right out and said, Hey so-and-so is a pretty creepy guy, have they checked him out, like seems to happen in a lot of cases, so even though LE thinks it was a local, noone seems to have a good idea which local...that's scary. means whoever it is, they have a pretty good "sane face."

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast