Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #8

TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #8

Please continue here!

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Case Map (done by hollye! thanks!) - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...13057&t=h&z=17

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133271"]Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133444"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133530"]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6348742#post6348742"]Thread #4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6350683"]Thread #5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133700"]Thread #6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133768"]Thread #7[/ame]

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such. DO NOT START SLEUTHING THEM!

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter): [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 04-19-2011 at 10:25 PM.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I am very curious. I have read in several places about the "ex" boyfriend. I read the comments below the ABC article from locals who claim that many "know" who it is. Why hasn't this name leaked out yet? They claim that the FB page is disturbing. I am having a hard time understanding why noone outside of this community has been given a "glimpse" of this "ex"??

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    alternate timeline:

Perhaps the scream came "first" rather than "later".

Neighbor leaving work was going to her car in her driveway in quiet rural neighborhood and heard the sound of a woman scream... (not sure if she called 911 or reported it later)

Holly had left house at same time as neighbor. Holly was confronted by abductor and she immediately screams - hoping her brother hears her perhaps - then Holly is assaulted @ carport and further threatened if she screams again. Weapon shown, captor walks her to woods, Holly - in shock - cooperates.

Brother doesn't hear scream for whatever reason (shower?). But catches glimpse of them walking (from far vantage point). Recognizes sister & the man he thinks at the moment is her BF.

Brother goes outside to begin his day, sees Holly's car and sees the blood and the first thing he does is check in with his mom (who is not home - but off to her day too).

Brother calls 911. Mom returns home.

Digression: How much stuff was she carrying all the way to the woods under duress? While possible injured? Enough so that they keep finding things - lunch, purse, books? Good gracious. One would think she'd have dropped something along the way... And if she did not, perhaps this is the wrong scenario and the other - where she screams later - would explain why she had all her stuff still. Maybe "he" demanded to drive her to school...Maybe she knew him and didn't want him to drive her but went towards the woods (and his vehicle) as a way to keep the peace...

Just noodling it through in another order...while we're brainstorming.

The scream - in my mind - is becoming pretty critical in the timeline and the story...
    If her scream was immediate, rather than later in the woods...she may NOT have really known the abductor...
    Ok this is the thing neighbor calls 911 at 7:30 that HAs to be after the scream
    lol lol

Clint says around 7 30 he saw the guy lead Holly into the woods.

I think we have to wait to see what it says when the 911 calls are released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSkit View Post
    Authorities say Holly was outside her house on Swan Johnson Road April 13, between 7:40 – 8 a.m. when an unknown man approached her.

http://www.michellesigona.com/
    The 911 call was made at 7:28 am. I have to assume that the time between Clint seeing her with a man walking into the woods and his discovery of blood in the driveway were not the same time as the call was made. A neighbor made a 911 call too.

The screaming may have occurred when she was being assaulted in the woods. The entire assault could have been over before the police even responded to the house - which I think was 7:57 am.

I'd like to know what time she had to be at school - that would pinpoint when she was actually in the driveway. She probably left at the same time everyday. Does anyone know the date school started in August of 2010?

This quote is from the last thread.
    Last edited by Paulette; 04-19-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: add last sentence

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulette For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    I am very curious. I have read in several places about the "ex" boyfriend. I read the comments below the ABC article from locals who claim that many "know" who it is. Why hasn't this name leaked out yet? They claim that the FB page is disturbing. I am having a hard time understanding why noone outside of this community has been given a "glimpse" of this "ex"??
    You know, the "ex with the bad history" rumor is in just about every missing woman case. Even some where the woman had no ex... So, I don't know. Im thinking its a rumor or something blown out of proportion. LE has not mentioned such a person and you would think if they existed LE would have investigated them.

And just because someone is an ex doesnt mean there is bad blood. I am playing tennis with my ex tonight.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    The 911 call was made at 7:28 am. I have to assume that the time between Clint seeing her with a man walking into the woods and his discovery of blood in the driveway were not the same time as the call was made. A neighbor made a 911 call too.

The screaming may have occurred when she was being assaulted in the woods. The entire assault could have been over before the police even responded to the house - which I think was 7:57 am.

I'd like to know what time she had to be at school - that would pinpoint when she was actually in the driveway. She probably left at the same time everyday. Does anyone know the date school started in August of 2010?

This quote is from the last thread.
    Im not sure but maybe her schedule was diff that day because it was a testing day...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Ok this is the thing neighbor calls 911 at 7:30 that HAs to be after the scream
    lol lol

Clint says around 7 30 he saw the guy lead Holly into the woods.

I think we have to wait to see what it says when the 911 calls are released.
    I know I'm confused about scream-timing and two 911 calls timing...

Yet, if we knew the exact timing of these two things ... would we be any smarter?
    I know where you post.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to walk through the woods from the point "they" entered the woods to the next/nearest road?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:

Please keep in mind the brother is guessing on the time. Not his fault nobody wears a watch. The 911 call was recorded and is probably the more accurate time. We're talking 200-300 feet to get near a neighbors house. 2mph is 176 feet per minute. So someone walking could have moved her from the area near the house at 725 to out back behind a neighbors within 3-4 minutes.

Two things that stick out:

Only about 6% of adult abductions happen during the day
    Statistics show the attacker either does, or believes he "knows" the person.

Both of these things point to someone she knew IMO. I'll be shocked if this was random.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ensht For This Useful Post:

If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vjlaw For This Useful Post:

The only thing with her being hit in the carport or near the garage is she would have yelled right then. The culture here in the woods is "My big brother/daddy will whoop your a** if you even look at me wrong"...with her knowing her brother was inside she would have drawn as much attention to herself as possible thinking he would come out and take care of it.

The only thing I can see that would change this is if he had a gun to her but I cant think of one single young woman I know (in these parts) that wouldnt take pride in proving she could knock his lights out.

For some reason, I just dont think she was very scared of the guy until they got out to wherever it was she started yelling.. :shrugs: Who knows though?!...

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SweetSkit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
    If the brother thought it was the boyfriend leading her to the woods, why would she going to the woods with the boyfriend? What could be the reason he didn't think that odd at a time when she should be going to class? Sorry if this has already been addressed and I missed it.

It said the bf hunted the Bobo land so maybe to show her something he found while hunting? And the brother may have been half asleep and not thinking clearly

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wishing4good For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lishac23 View Post
    Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to walk through the woods from the point "they" entered the woods to the next/nearest road?
    If north, only a few minutes. But why walk north to a car rather than drive the car to the house if you thought she was alone?

However, it seems like they went south if a neighbor heard the scream. I could be wrong on this. South is a pond then woods then a neighbor's house.

To the west is a field that would take 30-45 minutes without a struggle.

If an immediate escape from the area was the plan, I think he would have just driven to the house.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 10EC_Dad For This Useful Post:

Will Nunley says they are scaling back volunteers due to threat of severe weather but the bad news is it is just windy right now and the severe weather is not supposed to get here until midnight at a 30% chance was the last I heard...(My words-not his)

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SweetSkit For This Useful Post:

I know I'm confused about scream-timing and two 911 calls timing...

Yet, if we knew the exact timing of these two things ... would we be any smarter?
    Im confused also lol.

I think if we knew the exact timing we migh be a tad smarter then we are now lol

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    I have forgotten why we think we know the time of the reported scream 911 call.

Was that a presser or an article?

Thanks for any help if you happen to remember the source.
    I know where you post.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

I just wanted to point out something regarding the boyfriend's FB. Not only has noone posted on his wall since Holly has been missing...but noone has EVER posted on his wall. Most likely, his settings keep all of the wall posts hidden and he is the only one who can see them. He may have done this because his grandmother (I think that's who she is) is on his FB.

MOO
    Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.
    ~ Mattie Stepanek

Holly Bobo
    Colton Turner

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to texasgirl2 For This Useful Post:

There's also a possiblity (which I believe I read somewhere but cannot recall where so it is simply rumor/hearsay) that CB wears contacts, and did not have them in when he looked out the window, since it was early morning and a lot of people don't sleep in them. I know that my eyesight is good enough to make it around my home and I could definitely see figures outside. If I looked outside without my contacts or glasses, and saw two boys, I would assume both of them were my sons, because that is who I am expecting to see. However, it could be that neither, one, or both are my sons. This would make very good sense as so why when he saw Holly out the window, he just assumed it was her BF and left it at that.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
    If north, only a few minutes. But why walk north to a car rather than drive the car to the house if you thought she was alone?

However, it seems like they went south if a neighbor heard the scream. I could be wrong on this. South is a pond then woods then a neighbor's house.

To the west is a field that would take 30-45 minutes without a struggle.

If an immediate escape from the area was the plan, I think he would have just driven to the house.
    Here is a map A is their home!

there are 3 neighbors to the south!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...4116221f893719

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

I wonder if LE think this guy has a weapon; they've never said anything about "armed and dangerous" on the loose, kind of thing...
    Just my opinion, of course.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I think it was the sheriff saying that in the presser erm....2 days ago maybe?!..

42. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetSkit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Im confused also lol.

I think if we knew the exact timing we migh be a tad smarter then we are now lol

7:30 Neighbor calls 911

7:43 Clint Bobo calls

What could you gain from the times?

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wishing4good For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
    I do not know the BF's schedule, but it is very common to hunt here. Maybe the BF isn't in school, or didn't have class that day. I could totally see Holly and her BF chatting while walking towards the woods and then departing each other there. He could have been heading into the woods to hunt, and they choose the tree line to say their goodbyes. While I am skeptical about a lot of things, that really isn't uncommon in the south.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSkit View Post
    The only thing with her being hit in the carport or near the garage is she would have yelled right then.
    Thats why you pop them BEFORE they can scream. Possibly too if it was someone she knew she woudlnt just scream, and then he popped her.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

I dont know it was posted on here not to long ago maybe its in thread 7 towards the end...

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast