Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
    In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Quote Originally Posted by _mb_ View Post
    I remember hearing that there were missing pictures taken out of frames. That always struck me as odd, but I cannot find anything that either confirms or denies this. Anyone know or have a link?
    I had heard this too, but I always thought that maybe they just bought the frames or were changing the pictures out.
    Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them."
    Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theforgotten For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by theforgotten View Post
    I had heard this too, but I always thought that maybe they just bought the frames or were changing the pictures out.
    My guess is that the frames were purchased for graduations pictures.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
    The timeline doesn't fit. The women didn't arrive back at the Delmar address until about 2:50 AM. The waitress put them there between 1 and 3 AM. And no one else seems to be able to confirm the sighting.
    In my opinion, this isn't that big of a concern in terms of dismissing the George's citing. I can tell you from personal experience that it is very easy to lose track of time working the overnight shift. If they had been there at 3:30 and the waitress had been at work since 8 or 9 pm, the best approximation she might have been able to make thinking back on it several days later could have been between 1-3.

Secondly, a lot of people at a diner at 3 AM on a weekend are not entirely sober. Yes, there are those who are getting off of a late shift or truck drivers, but as close as George's is to the downtown and campus areas, I would imagine that a significant number of patrons were in the process of sobering up from a night out. I can tell you for a fact that when I have been at a diner in the wee hours of a Saturday or Sunday morning, I wouldn't be able to recall what fellow patrons had looked like several days later.

That being said, I think that if the George's citing is accurate, it introduces more questions than it answers. For example, if it was a group of "suspicious" men who followed the women home after they left the diner, this would strongly suggest it was a random crime- one of convenience. If it was a crime of convenience rather than something planned and/or personal, why was there no robbery component? Why was nothing taken?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Auramyst View Post
    I've had several thoughts about the purses- and again this is from a personal perspective, but if I were one of the many people who entered the empty house, I wouldn't grab the purses and stack them all together on the stairs to Suzy's room. IF (and that's a big IF) I were to move the purses, then more than likely it would be to a table or someplace like that where I could search them all together... but again, I don't see this being something someone would do (I wouldn't be comfortable doing it)- at least not early on.
    I agree that this is something that most people would not be comfortable doing early in the day, but keep in mind that Janelle not only listened to the answering machine but also erased messages. I think that if someone was comfortable doing that, moving or looking through a purse wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaya For This Useful Post:

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    I'm wondering, what ever became of Janelle's boyfriend? We've seen her interviewed on the subject several times over the years, but not him.
    Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them."
    Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theforgotten For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by theforgotten View Post
    I'm wondering, what ever became of Janelle's boyfriend? We've seen her interviewed on the subject several times over the years, but not him.
    I am almost positive that he and Janelle got married. In the contact lists of Kickapoo class of 1992, Janelle is listed as Janelle Kirby Henson.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    I am almost positive that he and Janelle got married. In the contact lists of Kickapoo class of 1992, Janelle is listed as Janelle Kirby Henson.
    According to Casenet, they got divorced in the last couple years. He was actually just arrested on a DUI/DWI around the first of the year if I recall correctly. Its on casenet if you want to look at it.

And I think he also pays child support to Janelle.
    His mugshot was on the internet a while back for the DWI/DUI.
    I wonder what the laws in Missouri are, as it pertains to spouses testifying against one another. I'll have to look that one up. Always found it strange that she ended up marrying him, when he was ordered to pay child support in early 1993, to a woman other than Janelle, that he was apparently messing around with while he and Janelle were together.....then she ends up marrying him.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to monkeymann For This Useful Post:

Thanks Monkey Man as usual you are on the ball.
    Hi Mule

This looks promising.

Springfield's three missing women case picked up nationally

Investigators on it from National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

April 30, 2012|by Sara Forhetz, KY3 News

SPRINGFIELD, Mo.-- This June will mark 20 years since the disappearance of three women from Springfield.

Now, for the first time, a team of national investigators is trying to unravel the mystery.

The disappearance of Stacy McCall, Suzy Streeter and Sherill Levitt has grabbed national attention several times since they were last seen on June 7, 1992.

It caught the eye of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, giving this local case to some of the brightest minds in the world of criminal investigations.

A worn out flier for the missing three still hangs in the window of a Springfield business some 20 years later. The wear and tear on it represents the time gone by.... (Snip)

http://articles.ky3.com/2012-04-30/s...evitt_31504148

Video:

http://www.ky3.com/ky3-springfields-...,1795713.story
    Last edited by Missouri Mule; 05-01-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    "Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Missouri Mule For This Useful Post:

I saw this, and I was coming to see if it was posted. I was thrilled to see the case receiving some attention.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mae For This Useful Post:

Last week, Lt. David Millsap, Sgt. Allen Neal, Cpl. Kevin Shipley and Cpl. Neal McAmis from the Springfield police department presented the case in Alexandria, Virginia to a panel of 25 criminal investigative experts assembled by The National Center for Missing and Expolited Children.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2012/05/three-missing-women-case-spotlighted-to.html
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kathee For This Useful Post:

I'm not really sure if they are going to really "Investigate" the case. The way I understood it was that they were going to "Review" the case, and make recommendations to the SPD.....not do a full on "Reinvestigation" of the case, like in the form of them going out and "Pounding the Pavement" reinterviewing people, etc.

Am I missunderstanding what they've written in that article about what they are actually going to do????

I guess "Anything" they do is better than nothing though....Right!! I have to say, I think its great that people "Outside" the area are looking at the case. May be a fresh set of eyes on the case files will be what it takes to finally bring some closure to this case.

I wonder how we can follow their progress on this. Wonder how long it will be before we hear anything about what they figured out......?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymann View Post
    I guess "Anything" they do is better than nothing though....Right!! I have to say, I think its great that people "Outside" the area are looking at the case. May be a fresh set of eyes on the case files will be what it takes to finally bring some closure to this case.

I wonder how we can follow their progress on this. Wonder how long it will be before we hear anything about what they figured out......?
    The latest I have gleaned is that it is unlikely that much will come of this. It seems as though the consensus is that it will take a confession or a witness to come forward. I'm not encouraged.

If it were up to me I would wish that the SPD would hold a news conference and open this up to as many questions as may be asked and allow the public in on how the case is progressing or not progressing. At this point what is there to be lost or gained? At least it might put to bed the notion that there is any foot dragging. Whatever there needs to be a whole new direction about how to approach this case for whatever has gone before hasn't produced anything other than hope which is quickly dashed when nothing is forthcoming. And we have to be aware that witnesses are going to be dying off in increasing numbers in the future. So if for no other reason time is of the essence.
    "Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Missouri Mule For This Useful Post:

20 Year Remembrance Ceremony on June 7th at 6 a.m. at the Victim's Memorial Garden at Phelps Grove Park in Springfield as we remember the lives that are still missing, but not nearly forgotten.
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kathee For This Useful Post:

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast