GUILTY TX - Carolyn Easton for abusing premature triplets, Fort Worth, 2011

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
FORT WORTH -- They had installed a hidden camera last month because they suspected that the baby sitter of their premature 5-month-old triplets wasn't following the daily routines they'd set out.

What the footage revealed the next day, they say, was far worse.

Horrified, the Fort Worth couple watched as the woman they had entrusted with their children shook, swung, slapped, shoved, hit and threw the babies, the mother said.

"It wasn't just rough handling. She was hurting these babies," recalled the mother, who documented at least 20 abusive incidents in the two hours of video that she and her husband reviewed

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/0...ing.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz1K2BaGx58

OMG I had preemie twins, this kills me inside :( :(

Oh my God! How on earth that poor couple watched that, I will never know. I would never have been able to find the strength that they did. I cannot imagine the horror and heartbreak. Bless their hearts - the entire family.

Oh, my goodness. One would think that only the most skilled and calm caregiver would be used with preemie triplets. Who knows, maybe she was at one time and lost it. This just kills me. I have identical triplet nephews and know how much work they were (as my husband and I helped) and they weren't early. We also have our own twins who were born at 25-26 weeks and adopted at age 4. Our twins were subjected to horrible physical abuse and neglect which I try so hard not to think about.

My prayers go out to this family. Things are so much more challenging with multiples and especially multiples who were early babies. Poor sweet little ones. And to watch your babies being abused.....

I know the babies can heal but traumas which occur when children are still preverbal leave lasting impressions. They're going to need to learn to trust again. Nothing but kindness and gentleness from now on for these precious ones, please, please, please.

This makes me incredibly sick. This "nanny" should be jailed for life, IMO. Harming infants and premature ones at that? It could easily have led to their deaths. Oh, poor little things. I didn't watch the video because if it showed any abuse, I would not be able to handle it. Unfortunately, like many abusive caregivers, she'll probably do no more than a couple of years, if that.

But, question: Who leaves three premature infants in the care of just one person? In any event, this is why I am against using anyone for childcare except trusted family members or very trusted family friends. Especially for pre-verbal children.

And working full time after just having three babies makes no sense to me. See, a licensed child care facility for three such babies would have likely been so expensive as to negate the value of keeping one of their jobs. So, they hire a cheap, in-home provider and mama and daddy can go right back to work. (At least that's what I guess happened here). No job is worth this. Poor babies.

This makes me incredibly sick. This "nanny" should be jailed for life, IMO. Harming infants and premature ones at that? It could easily have led to their deaths. Oh, poor little things. I didn't watch the video because if it showed any abuse, I would not be able to handle it. Unfortunately, like many abusive caregivers, she'll probably do no more than a couple of years, if that.

But, question: Who leaves three premature infants in the care of just one person? In any event, this is why I am against using anyone for childcare except trusted family members or very trusted family friends. Especially for pre-verbal children.

And working full time after just having three babies makes no sense to me. See, a licensed child care facility for three such babies would have likely been so expensive as to negate the value of keeping one of their jobs. So, they hire a cheap, in-home provider and mama and daddy can go right back to work. (At least that's what I guess happened here). No job is worth this. Poor babies.

I so agree with you but take it even a step futher, I truely believe if people want to have babies they better be willing & able to raise them.

This story has me fuming!! Those poor babies.

Stories like this really get to me. I've seen video before of similar cases and it makes me sick. After about 10 second, I can't even watch anymore. And I'm a stranger to the situation. I can't imagine how traumatic it must be for the parents to have to see their children being harmed.

I hope she gets the book thrown at her. This is one step away from murder. All it would take would be for her to hit a baby just so to cause such a traumatic injury that he died.

Respectfully snipped by me.

With all due respect, I don't think that's fair. We don't know this family situation at all. We don't know why she went back to work. When my son was born (my first child), I wanted nothing more than to quit my job and stay home with him full-time. We couldn't afford that so I only worked two days a week. I did that for a year before I got so depressed that I could barely get out of bed in the morning.

For me personally, I can't handle being home all day. I have to have a strict schedule, I have to have adult interaction. And that kills me, it really does, because I feel like I lost precious time with my children when they were little. I wish I could stay home all day and bake pies and play with my children and be happy. I wish I could have done things differently but my brain just doesn't work that way.

So I think it's really unfair to say that the parents were intentionally choosing to leave their children in the hands of someone who could or could not be trusted so they could go off gallavanting.

OMG! What is wrong with people? :banghead::banghead::maddening::maddening:

I so agree with you but take it even a step futher, I truely believe if people want to have babies they better be willing & able to raise them.

Wow. So because I went to work and left my children in daycare, I didn't raise them?

Surely this parents had NO CLUE that this woman could be so cruel. What decent parent would knowingly leave their child in the hands of someone like her?? It's going pretty far out on a limb to suggest that these parents weren't raising their children because they went back to work. IMO

these babies were harmed by the SITTER, not the parents. place blame where blame is due.

i'm sure the parents are going through h*ll right now and feel guilty enough as it is. like any good parent, they just want what was best for their babies.

Police Sgt. Jim Thomson, supervisor of the crimes against children unit, said Detective D. Blue watched the entire video. "She was able to document a minimum of 37 separate incidents of the suspect carelessly handling and assaulting all three premature infants," Thomson said.

On Thursday night, police arrested Carolyn "Carrie" Marie Easton, 65, on three felony warrants accusing her of injury to a child. The Watauga woman remained in the Mansfield Jail on Monday with total bail set at $22,500.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/18/3009687/video-shows-baby-sitter-abusing.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz1K2BaGx58

How does this work? She repeatedly assaulted these three babies over time and has been seen on tape during the attacks, yet she has a bail of only $22,500?

The article also pointed out she had help from friends and family who are the ones who felt things weren't right with the sitter.

I can't imagine this couple will ever be able to leave their precious children with anyone again, the guilt alone could be crippling. I hope they throw the whole d@mn library at this <<<insert derogatory name calling of your choice here>>>.

Wow. So because I went to work and left my children in daycare, I didn't raise them?

Surely this parents had NO CLUE that this woman could be so cruel. What decent parent would knowingly leave their child in the hands of someone like her?? It's going pretty far out on a limb to suggest that these parents weren't raising their children because they went back to work. IMO

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of anyone handing over any child to a COMPLETE STRANGER let alone three premature infants. Did she knowingly entrust her children to a monster? of course not.....but she still entrusted them to the care of a complete stranger, was concerned enough to install cameras, yet still keep this woman on. Yes, the sitter is responsible for her actions, and I'm sure the parents are feeling very guilty and are blaming themselves. I hope they found a way to raise their own.

June 2012:

A baby sitter caught on a secret video camera abusing infant triplets was sentenced Friday to four years in prison, followed by 10 years' probation that will include mental-health treatment.

But because the sitter has served more than 13 months in jail awaiting trial, she will enter the state prison system eligible for parole...

The mother said that Easton was a neighbor of one of the triplets' grandmothers and that they did everything possible to screen her. They checked references, did a background check and spent several weeks with her in the house before leaving her alone with the children.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/living/family/moms/article3831585.html#storylink=cpy

carolyn-marie-easton.jpg

Thank you Ray. No excuse though for her behavior. That poor baby. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer