732 users online (133 members and 599 guests)  

Websleuths News

Somewhere out there ....

Warning disturbing - Bangladeshi girl charged with adultery was lashed to death

I wasn't real sure where to put this, so mods feel free to move this. In my opinion this "is" a crime against a child, and the world needs to see what in the hello is going on here !

Only 14, Bangladeshi girl charged with adultery was lashed to death
    March 30th, 2011

Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN) -- Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl.

Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public.

Hena dropped after 70.

Bloodied and bruised, she was taken to hospital, where she died a week later

Amazingly, an initial autopsy report cited no injuries and deemed her death a suicide. Hena's family insisted her body be exhumed. They wanted the world to know what really happened to their daughter.

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

OMG! I'm left speechless and with tears.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Yes, this is very sad and this seems to happen quite often. Young girls being forced to marry grown men, in my opinion is also abuse.

I'm not sure if this is the same one were the girl says she was raped and it was not an affair. But either way, these young girls are treated as a piece of property and I hate that!!!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Nerd Town Central
    It doesn't surprise that such atrocities still exist in this world. I say it all the time but poverty and lack of education are the source of so many evils.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.