TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Please continue here!

Lack of Updates in the Search for Holly Bobo Prove Frustrating

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979245404

It appears as if there are only 3 Car Wash Locations in Parsons, Tennessee.

I wonder if any of them have video cameras?

Many a perp has been filmed or gone to a Car Wash in recent cases (The Inmans in the Summer Inman Case, and Russell Williams, in the Canadian Multiple Murder/Assault case)

Here is a link to the 3 that I found.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&cl...rsons,+Decatur,+Tennessee,+United+States&z=15

Now I would think that if Holly had someone she had a BAD falling out with, they would NOT be on her Facebook friends list. So to look at the list and say oh person X seems suspicous, doesnt make sense to me. Obviously this is a dangerous person and I don't think it was someone close enough to her to 1) be on her FB page to start with or 2) still be on it as a friend. More likely its someone who she may have only known in passing but whos interest or attention she had sparked.

I unfriend and block people on FB all the time. If I had some violent ex, etc. you know they wouldn't be on there. And my friends would block that person too.

Now I would think that if Holly had someone she had a BAD falling out with, they would NOT be on her Facebook friends list. So to look at the list and say oh person X seems suspicous, doesnt make sense to me. Obviously this is a dangerous person and I don't think it was someone close enough to her to 1) be on her FB page to start with or 2) still be on it as a friend. More likely its someone who she may have only known in passing but whos interest or attention she had sparked.

I unfriend and block people on FB all the time. If I had some violent ex, etc. you know they wouldn't be on there. And my friends would block that person too.
That just got me thinking. Would a friend on her FB page, who are probably around her age, be able to pull this off. There has been nothing found and this seemed pretty planned, like maybe someone who has done this before. I just don't know if one of her friends could pull this off. I guess that might sound awful, I don't mean it to though.

It appears as if there are only 3 Car Wash Locations in Parsons, Tennessee.

I wonder if any of them have video cameras?

Many a perp has been filmed or gone to a Car Wash in recent cases (The Inmans in the Summer Inman Case, and Russell Williams, in the Canadian Multiple Murder/Assault case)
----------------
I thought I remembered a case recently on NG concerning car washes:

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/30/ng.01.html

Bombshell tonight. As we go to air, a female body found stuffed deep underground into a church septic tank. This as the husband and in-laws drive over 100 miles away to get caught on car wash surveillance just after the kidnapping, furiously cleaning the car interior. Then they follow up with more cleaning at two other car washes, and then race into a tire shop for new tires. We learn the husband and in-laws members of their own offshoot church.

That's just the point. Lots of people have FB friends that they only know in passing, or are just aquaintances with.

I'm not saying that she had a falling out with someone that's still a FB friend, but a FB friend could easily be someone interested in her.

Copying over from last thread...

I'm posting the rules here on social networking for you all. Discussing her friends is off limits and discussing anything on her FB page is off limits.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Thanks.

Ima

That's just the point. Lots of people have FB friends that they only know in passing, or are just aquaintances with.

I'm not saying that she had a falling out with someone that's still a FB friend, but a FB friend could easily be someone interested in her.

I don't think whoever did this could have kept his attractions a secret from Holly if he were indeed a friend. He would have come on to her, harassed her, made her feel uncomfortable, etc. And he would have been bumped from FB and probably her freinds would know who the guy was. People talk. Friends are always saying stuff like, "man that guy from church is creeping me out. I thought he was cool but...". This is probably someone that is close to Holly only in his own mind with only her visual appearance and maybe a brief hi or glace to go on.

Copying over from last thread...

I'm posting the rules here on social networking for you all. Discussing her friends is off limits and discussing anything on her FB page is off limits.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Thanks.

Ima

bbm...question regarging bolded ws rule quoted.

whose facebook informaton are you referring to? holly's? and if it is the victim's facebook page we can't discuss - is this for all victims on ws or just holly? tia.

I don't think whoever did this could have kept his attractions a secret from Holly if he were indeed a friend. He would have come on to her, harassed her, made her feel uncomfortable, etc. And he would have been bumped from FB and probably her freinds would know who the guy was. People talk. Friends are always saying stuff like, "man that guy from church is creeping me out. I thought he was cool but...". This is probably someone that is close to Holly only in his own mind with only her visual appearance and maybe a brief hi or glace to go on.

Agreed just based on normal profiling. BUT the attempted abduction of the 31 yr old posted on the #8 thread.....well that's really alarming to me.

Geographically that's close. Last time he was thwarted by a scream, this time he wasn't? Early am M.O. It's possible it's a total coincidence and there's just another perv near....but wow.

Holly Bobo investigators set roadblocks in search for missing Tenn. student

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20055591-504083.html

According to Reuters, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and state patrol stopped several vehicles Tuesday around Decatur County and asked the occupants if they've seen anything unusual since Bobo's disappearance last Wednesday.

bbm...question regarging bolded ws rule quoted.

whose facebook informaton are you referring to? holly's? and if it is the victim's facebook page we can't discuss is this for all victims on ws or just holly? tia.

We are talking about Holly's private FB page her personal page. Its private and no her friends should not be discussed here unless they are directly tied to this case and have been in the media.

Ima

We seriously need some real info from LE. Problem is, I don't think they have much. Are there any locals here who have been out searching? If so, anything you can tell us, obviously without releasing anything LE doesn't want released?

Maybe, maybe not. Lots of people are able to keep their attractions to people hidden.

And I'm not talking about him being a friend in the true sense of the word, but just someone she knows that happened to send her a FB friend request.

She accepts it because she knows the guy, worked with him in the past, or went to school with him and they both happen to be on FB. It happens all the time.

I've got FB friends that I haven't seen in person in years. Some of them I sent a friend request to because I got the little suggestion from FB. Some sent me friend requests because of the very same reason.

In the general sense...if she had a FB friend that posted on a regular basis, was known to be in the outdoors a lot, was off of work the day Holly went missing, and in year's time happen to post "via mobile web" only once (1 hr after Holly went missing), I would think that person would garner some attention from LE.

Generally speaking, of course...:banghead:

Concentric would you please repost your questions you had about 911 dispatchers here again? I'm interested in the answer you might get :) You never got an answer & the thread was closed.

You would think, but in Summer Inman's case (Ohio), Summer's current boyfriend was still FB friends with Summer's ex-husband, whom Summer had a restraining order against and who had threatened to kill Summer if she took the children away from him.

I'm not saying that Holly is FB friends with anyone who harmed her, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni