Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #9

Quote Originally Posted by marlalouise View Post
    Hopefully I post this correctly - been a long time since I've been around.

I've been trying to catch up, but there's a lot of info...when looking at the map where the 'warm' vehicle was found and a map of the TBI SOR search...seems very close to me. Has anyone else noticed this? Have all of these guys been checked out?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...13057&t=h&z=17
    and this one...

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=611+Swan+Johnson+Road+%0ADarden+TN&um=1&ie= UTF-8&hq=&hnear=611+Swan+Johnson+Rd,+Darden,+TN+38328& gl=us&ei=nRGvTeTxG5KjtgeUxKjaAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_re sult&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA"]611 Swan Johnson Rd, Darden, TN 38328[/ame]
    I'm sooo tired, I don't know what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Sorry...I got sidetracked and when I went back to read, the thread was closed, so I did answer it above. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask..
    Thanks for responding. I'm going to put it off as the dispatcher not knowing what she was doing, unless the brother made it sound like a home invasion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LuLa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    see I strictly watch who I let on as a friend. I would say 98% are FRIEND friends. Plus my profile is set to private, no one can search me out. its friends only as far as who can see my posts. None of that friends of friends stuff. And, honestly, I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences). But true... I know frinds who have their phone numbers etc on FB where anyone can see it...
    I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences).
    -----------------
    Wow Carla, was it you who defended yourself resulting in the consequences?

I had a stalker once. It was intregal to forming PTSD. This person lived in the same apartment building and would leave "presents" at my door, follow me around, and talk in the hallway that he was going to kill me. Not fun, on top of everything else. Couldn't move because I couldn't get out of my lease and had no money. LE said I had no case. Finally got away from there.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

Another thing that I would like to throw out there for people to think about. I am married to an investigator/city security manager of a large metropolitan area. When we were first married we would constantly talk about crime cases (we still do) and he told me one thing that will always stay in my mind and has been a great relief to me to think of when I've been so rattled by all of these cases. I would always say, "Why would someone do this or that?" He said, "You can't possibly understand it or think the way that these murderers do because you do not have that kind of mind." I've never forgotten this and no matter how good I am at spotting clues and reading through BS to get to the actual truth of a case, there really is no way that those of us who are regular thinking people can go there. He repeats this to me whenever I get all caught up in a case. He said it to me just last night again. It's so frustrating, but its true.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Thoughts re: 911 calls being made public.

The investigation can put a kabosh on releasing 911 calls for as long as they feel it benefits the investigation to do so.

Along the same lines:

News outlets have a vested interest in cooperating with LE's request not to publish certain sensitive information regarding ongoing investigations. The interest being - LE will continue to work with the press on this and other investigations, but not if news outlets ignore LE requests regarding sensitive investigation information.

If you think about what's best for the victim, the family, the integrity of the investigation, and the ability for the victims to see justice prevail in the courts ... This is the way it should be.

WS Tip: When I run out of flat walls to bang my head on in one room, I move to the next room and call the sheet rock repair dudes.

JMHO.
    I know where you post.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KMouse View Post
    re: 911 call
    I am surprised the media has not gotten a hold of it yet or have they and I missed it?

Anyway...
    re: home invasion
    to me that term tells me that a suspect or suspects have entered a home. From what we have been told there is nothing to support this.

I am wondering if it is a mistake on the part of the operator taking the call or misunderstanding what happened. I work in the field and what people say and what really happened are sometimes two different things. If an operator is inexperienced they may not be able to use proper questioning techniques to get to the bottom of the story.
    K-mouse...I explained this on the first page of this thread. Just FYI...
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

I'm going to go with norest4 on the 911 call. Those calls have to be tagged in some way in order to go through. Sort of like when you go to the hospital ER and they ask you for you rMAIN complaint, and then everything else goes in the notes. You may have multiple symptoms to report, but they have to pick one as the reason for your visit. 911 has to pick one reported thing as the reason for your call.

If the brother was upset when he called 911, as he likely was, I can see him saying things like "her car is still here" "there's blood on the floor" "this guy took her into the woods, all she was doing was walking outside to get in the car". Distressed people don't always make the best reporters, and if he said something that led the operator to believe that she was in the house, then next time he saw her she was being led to the woods, that would likely go up as a home invasion. or if the operator asked directly if the man came in the house, the brother is flustered and gives one of those "yes, no, i don't know" answers, it may have gone in as a home invasion in case the brother were about to be attacked, and also to advise the use of officer caution.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

K-mouse...I explained this on the first page of this thread. Just FYI...
    Sorry, this thread has been a busy one and it has been hard to keep up. I usually go to the last post and work back from there.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMouse For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    WS Tip: When I run out of flat walls to bang my head on in one room, I move to the next room and call the sheet rock repair dudes.

JMHO.
    Haaaaa!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Another thing that I would like to throw out there for people to think about. I am married to an investigator/city security manager of a large metropolitan area. When we were first married we would constantly talk about crime cases (we still do) and he told me one thing that will always stay in my mind and has been a great relief to me to think of when I've been so rattled by all of these cases. I would always say, "Why would someone do this or that?" He said, "You can't possibly understand it or think the way that these murderers do because you do not have that kind of mind." I've never forgotten this and no matter how good I am at spotting clues and reading through BS to get to the actual truth of a case, there really is no way that those of us who are regular thinking people can go there. He repeats this to me whenever I get all caught up in a case. He said it to me just last night again. It's so frustrating, but its true.
    this is soooo very true.

I will never forget the Groene case/Jet Duncan. At first everyone thought it just had to be a local that knew the area... Lot of lessons learned in that case the hard way.
    This bee my opinion

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    see I strictly watch who I let on as a friend. I would say 98% are FRIEND friends. Plus my profile is set to private, no one can search me out. its friends only as far as who can see my posts. None of that friends of friends stuff. And, honestly, I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences). But true... I know frinds who have their phone numbers etc on FB where anyone can see it...
    She has over 600 "friends" on her profile. I do not believe that she was intimately "friends" with all of them. I do believe that there could be someone dangerous hidden in that many people. JHHO

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Hey everyone from Franklin, TN!
    Been reading for a while but new to posting.
    Perhaps it was reported as a home invasion initially because the brother thought Holly was still indoors and after seeing her "led" into the woods (thinking also initially it was her boyfriend)...after the discovery of the blood called 911 and said Holly was "taken from the home" maybe slightly embellishing due to his fear and worry...so it was reported as a home invasion. Maybe?

This case is killing me! I can't stop reading and listening to the scanner!
    I really really hope she is found soon.

Kai

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kaik26 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by concentric View Post
    I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences).
    -----------------
    Wow Carla, was it you who defended yourself resulting in the consequences?

I had a stalker once. It was intregal to forming PTSD. This person lived in the same apartment building and would leave "presents" at my door, follow me around, and talk in the hallway that he was going to kill me. Not fun, on top of everything else. Couldn't move because I couldn't get out of my lease and had no money. LE said I had no case. Finally got away from there.
    when I was younger my sister and i were assaulted in our home by someone with a fixation. in the end i got ptsd, some disabilities, 10 years of nitemares. But it also makes me attracted to cases now and then. Eve Carson, Anne Pressly, Holly Bobo. I just feel a connection... I am glad you got away from that. For better or worse I try to use my experiences to figure stuff out and it helps me feel more productive or useful I guess. If I could go to TN I'd be there now just to do anything to help. I suppose some of it is survivors guilt too. I'd swap places with Holly in a heartbeat.

But, back to the story at hand... the lastest on Holly from CNN (nothing new sadly)

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/19/...eref=rss_crime
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

as an FYI if people have trouble listening to scanners online or are away from the WS scanner page, there are several scanner ipad/ipod aps, including free or lite versions that will allow you to listen to the specific ones people cite here. I will mention this next time I go to the scanner page too.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

I disagree with the person that posted a polygraph isnt necessary. This case should be handled like all others. LE deals with the family, then work their way out to others. A polygraph should have been given to at least the brother, since he's the last to see Holly. I hope the person that spoke on Nancy Grace last night was right, that he's been given one & passed.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LuLa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KMouse View Post
    Sorry, this thread has been a busy one and it has been hard to keep up. I usually go to the last post and work back from there.
    I know...it definitely is hard to keep up on! I understand!

Quote Originally Posted by kaik26 View Post
    Hey everyone from Franklin, TN!
    Been reading for a while but new to posting.
    Perhaps it was reported as a home invasion initially because the brother thought Holly was still indoors and after seeing her "led" into the woods (thinking also initially it was her boyfriend)...after the discovery of the blood called 911 and said Holly was "taken from the home" maybe slightly embellishing due to his fear and worry...so it was reported as a home invasion. Maybe?

This case is killing me! I can't stop reading and listening to the scanner!
    I really really hope she is found soon.

Kai
    Hey there Kai! I used to live in Franklin and am now just up 65 a ways...Welcome to WS...you will love it here!

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

What's that contact number for TBI? I want to be sure they have my input direct from me....anyone have it handy?

'Morning all (Ca time that is...) I still say I hope LE has compared the duct tape to any tape that may be at the home (as in the Casey Anthony case)....

Hi there! Thanks for the welcome! I think I will love it, love me some brainstorming! Although this case has me befuddled! I wish I could get over that way and help, I've got a little one though, makes it tough. Look forward to getting to know and working with you all!

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kaik26 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    I thought it was for weather reasons. Maybe I missed something. Or maybe this is just another intentionally sensational but largely meaningless sound bite.
    They did say weather but the forecast was for late storms and sure enough they didn't get here until late. They could have been out there searching - No problem.

Just like tomorrow is a "rest" day...Those people don't wanna rest until Holly is home. I read that they are asking for volunteers in the thousands this weekend again but I have a feeling some revelation is coming between today and tomorrow...IMHOO

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetSkit For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    What's that contact number for TBI? I want to be sure they have my input direct from me....anyone have it handy?
    1-800-tbi-find
    This bee my opinion

39. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuLa View Post
    I disagree with the person that posted a polygraph isnt necessary. This case should be handled like all others. LE deals with the family, then work their way out to others. A polygraph should have been given to at least the brother, since he's the last to see Holly. I hope the person that spoke on Nancy Grace last night was right, that he's been given one & passed.
    But if you look at other missing adult cases, how often are family poly'ed, even if they were the last ones to see the missing person? Not often. In this case, due to my own assumptions of the familys grief, I would see it being counterproductive. If the brother took and passed, more power to him, but if he did not, i don't see it meaning anything except that he likely does carry a great deal of guilt, not due to involvement, but due to being the person that saw her led away and thought everything was alright. He's her big brother, and I can only imagine how one of my brother's would feel if they saw me talking or walking with someone and discounted it as a normal occurrence...and then found blood in the driveway and realized what had just happened. I pity him and I hope that he can find peace with the whole situation.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    1-800-tbi-find

Tennessee law enforcement authorities ask anyone with information on Bobo's disappearance to call their tip line on: 1 800 TBI FIND (824 3463).

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20054812.shtml
    Last edited by Salem; 04-20-2011 at 02:38 PM.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuLa View Post
    I find the sequence interesting of people being cleared right off the bat, then polys evidently given, then it changes to no one is ruled out? Did the polys cause the status change?

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast