Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How Are You Going To Watch Trial ? Live Feed & Smart Phone Info

How Are You Going To Watch Trial ? Live Feed & Smart Phone Info

I personally work where no internet is acessable. So I contacted Sirius Radio to see if They are XM will be carrying the trial... No answer. and they do not carry Tru TV anymore. Only HLN or CNN. But I can't imagine HLN carrying whole trial. So Then I called Verizon.. For $20 dollars a month we can get a mobile Hot spot on our Cell phones (smart phone) plan for 2 gigs of streaming media a month to use our laptops to connect to one of Florida's Media TV stations who will be carrying it. So that's what I did. My mobile hot spot will be activated on May 5th...
    Does anyone eles have any ideas for the working person besides DVR? (which I have also)

I wonder if between court tv (HLN), You Tube, and WESH, you wouldn't be able to watch the trial at night. I personally don't know if I'll have time either. My son will be home full time in June, so I will prolly have to catch up at night.

MOO

Mel

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    glad someone brought this up, lol. I have been agonizing for months over just this. We have the net at work but are not allowed to surf it or view the hearings and whatnot. So far, when there are hearings, I come home at night and try to play catch up.

I have no idea how that is going to work once the actual trial begins. I am so distraught that I will not be able to follow this as it happens and worried that I will be woefully left behind once this thing gets roling
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Did you see the list of print, radio, tv, internet and bloggers who requested to be able to cover the trial over at the HM? I will see if I can find the link. I think FOX radio was on the list of possibilities.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to suepitzl For This Useful Post:

I'll use my DVR to catch up at night, But I realize I'll go nuts all day not knowing so I went ahead and put the $20.00 hot spot service on my phone for laptop for when I can't stand it anymore.. Will probably only use during breaks and lunch...

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsTeal For This Useful Post:

I'll be counting on you guys to watch it for me and tell me what's going on! Also, I'm afraid I may be stricken with a terrible flu at some point.

Ada...
    I'm already working on my cough and sick voice for open statements....<cough>

Those summer flu's are the worst to get over, too.....

I'm in full panic mode because due to my disabilites I MUST start swimming as soon as the pools open. I don't have a laptop, only desktop. Hmmm... I wonder if they'll let me set it up at the clubhouse?

But seriously, I'll be watching until about 11AM or so, then go swimming and be back about 3PM. I'm going to miss a lot of hours and it's making me crazy!!! I sure hope the news tapes so I can see what I miss at night.
    I love Websleuths! Justice for Caylee!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suepitzl View Post
    Did you see the list of print, radio, tv, internet and bloggers who requested to be able to cover the trial over at the HM? I will see if I can find the link. I think FOX radio was on the list of possibilities.

Sue, A list would be wonderful!!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTeal For This Useful Post:

I work from home, so yes, I will be watching.
    JMO.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

I have my FMLA all planned out. Surgery on May 11, then OFF the entire summer!! I have been post-poning the surgery for some time. Lap-top on the deck...here I come!

LOL, MsTeal. If only I had enough time saved up for vacation...

I will probably not be able to watch too much. I definitely want to see opening statements, closing statements, and of course, when the jury returns with a verdict. I probably won't be able to follow the trial much at work, though. I'll try to get summaries on here and probably at Hinky Meter too. I just don't have the time to follow this everyday. The Frye Hearings about killed me, and I'm lucky my boss didn't know how little work I was getting done during that time. I can't not do work for two months, LOL.

But I know I have you guys to help me keep up and I'm sure I'll be curiously logging in when I'm not supposed to to see what is going on daily, lol.

Ooh, I just remembered I'm going to get an iPad for my birthday (Mother's Day this year). That will come in handy at work, LOL.

And I hope you're right, suepitzl. A radio station covering this trial would be PERFECT for my work!

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun09 View Post
    I have my FMLA all planned out. Surgery on May 11, then OFF the entire summer!! I have been post-poning the surgery for some time. Lap-top on the deck...here I come!
    Shotgun, I pulled that last summer! <wondering if I have another surgery I can do this summer> :-)

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTeal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suepitzl View Post
    I also read, disturbingly, that Marinade Dave was hired by a magazine to cover the trial. He's going to be an actual journalist now. Lord. It wasn't at Hinky Meter, but his website.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsTeal View Post
    Ada...
    I'm already working on my cough and sick voice for open statements....<cough>
    OMG - opening statements is going to be like Christmas morning for me. I won't get a wink of sleep beforehand. But I'll have the Bailey's and Coffee ready, and the phone will be off the hook!

Shotgun, I pulled that last summer! <wondering if I have another surgery I can do this summer> :-)
    Does the Lap-Band count? Cuz I have a feeling i'm gonna need it

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    LOL, MsTeal. If only I had enough time saved up for vacation...

I will probably not be able to watch too much. I definitely want to see opening statements, closing statements, and of course, when the jury returns with a verdict. I probably won't be able to follow the trial much at work, though. I'll try to get summaries on here and probably at Hinky Meter too. I just don't have the time to follow this everyday. The Frye Hearings about killed me, and I'm lucky my boss didn't know how little work I was getting done during that time. I can't not do work for two months, LOL.

But I know I have you guys to help me keep up and I'm sure I'll be curiously logging in when I'm not supposed to to see what is going on daily, lol.

Ooh, I just remembered I'm going to get an iPad for my birthday (Mother's Day this year). That will come in handy at work, LOL.

And I hope you're right, suepitzl. A radio station covering this trial would be PERFECT for my work!

I just posted [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6367073&postcount=30"]this post on another thread[/ame]. It might help you with that iPad since it won't do flash and most of the videos are based on flash. It does work on videos from all of our local news channels and I tested it on a live feed from cspan and that worked too.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Omachka For This Useful Post:

you think skyfire would work on a android phone? Looking for app. now

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTeal For This Useful Post:

you think skyfire would work on a android phone? Looking for app. now
    Just looked on android market place.. skyfire doesn't seem to work for android's well.. Must be for Ipads only... <sigh>

34. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTeal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    Does the Lap-Band count? Cuz I have a feeling i'm gonna need it
    LOL!!!! Good thinking! if only my insurance covered them.. <sigh>

36. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTeal For This Useful Post:

I think I see an odd occurrence of a high rate of colds and bad backs in may.
    JMO.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    I am soo envious RKR, wish I could work from home
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

40. The Following User Says Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

What a pathetic bunch we are - really! All trying to fudge off work - LOL. I run a business from a home office and expect to be pushing a cart up the street looking for handouts by the end of the summer - I'll be so broke from skipping out to watch the trial!

But there is no way I will miss a second of it. I think I'm going to be like many of you - watch the opening statements and the really good bits, then spend most evenings watching the dvr taped segments. It's the OJ trial all over again, except this time I am watching with purpose - Justice For Caylee!

Quote Originally Posted by Omachka View Post
    I just posted this post on another thread. It might help you with that iPad since it won't do flash and most of the videos are based on flash. It does work on videos from all of our local news channels and I tested it on a live feed from cspan and that worked too.
    Thank you!!! I will try this shortly! I have an iPad and have asked several times if anyone knew how to watch. Do you know if it works with 3G? I tried another one, and it worked on the wifi, but not 3G.

On another note, the Orange County Courthouse Courtroom 23 website mentions something about live streaming. I am not very computer savvy. Does this mean we could watch that?

http://www.ninja9.org/courtadmin/mis/courtroom_23.htm

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mombomb For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast